Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1309

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure he will realize that he can get a lot more for the signed copies and will probably raise the price.

Looks like the one he is auctioning is already at 330 bucks and climbing. Looks like it may get over 500 or more once finished.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Okay - here's a little update from customer service at hachette group:

Hi Chad,

The ISBN you provided is for the signed edition. It is currently unavailable and I cannot determine whether or not anymore signed editions will become available.

Regards,

Catherine Ferroni
    Customer Service Representative
    Hachette Book Group
    How are they sold out if they never appeared in stores or anywhere out side of the guy on eBay? Did they keep the majority for themselves?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Okay - here's a little update from customer service at hachette group:

Hi Chad,

The ISBN you provided is for the signed edition. It is currently unavailable and I cannot determine whether or not anymore signed editions will become available.

Regards,

Catherine Ferroni
    Customer Service Representative
    Hachette Book Group
    How are they sold out if they never appeared in stores or anywhere out side of the guy on eBay? Did they keep the majority for themselves?
    Good question. Couldn't find any other source that sell these.

Anyone knows the print run for the signed version ?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This is a very odd situation.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like that it was a private listing. Makes me feel as if he has a few more and is trying to set the price. There were quite a few up for sale for $89 - 175 so not sure why all of a sudden this would go for $400+

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I agree - the whole situation is really suspicious.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike's Books now has one listed Buy it Now for $470 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-1st-P...IAAOSw9mFWLZIi

I think for $89 you guys got a great deal. But do you think that a Galbraith signature is as valuable as a Rowling one?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is exactly what I thought would happen. I wonder if the book that was bid on will ever ship or not.

I don't think Galbraith sig is worth anywhere near Rowling's but that is just my opinion. Yes it is the same person but it is known that she is Robert and she is famous for her Rowling work.

My Mood
    Inspired

The fact that mikes books is the ONLY one selling these books - and he's sold over 30 of them at this point really makes me question how he got them from the publisher.

Country
    Country Flag

There is one more out there now from a different seller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Caree...UAAOSw9mFWLWEn

But still, if cartons of these books were issued, where are they?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    There is one more out there now from a different seller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Caree...UAAOSw9mFWLWEn

I Believe it's a resale.

Unlikely, but maybe this Mike is an exclusive seller of this version ?

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking it might be a resale too. I know I'd try to sell it for 5x what I paid for it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

I Believe it's a resale.

Unlikely, but maybe this Mike is an exclusive seller of this version ?
    This is what I think - he's the exclusive seller like Goldsboro in the UK. He's probably sold at least 75 copies (60+ for sure on Ebay plus those on Alibris and Amazon). I wouldn't think there would be more than 200 or so signed copies - maybe only 100 for the US since they haven't popped up anywhere else? Goldsboro got 250 last time. Not sure how many they got this time?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

That may be true, but at least Goldsboro has a website open to anyone. Seems odd that the publisher would only give this one seller the signed books so he could sell them on eBay.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who knows, but he does have a website: http://mikescollectablebooks.com

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waterstones also had signed ones.

Country
    Country Flag

Whatever the situation, I'm done talking about it. I didn't buy one nor do have any desire to own one.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whatever the situation, I'm done talking about it. I didn't buy one nor do have any desire to own one.
    Aw come on - I enjoy when you comment on this. The wild speculation into the unknown and mental masturbation we've all been doing over past few days has been full, completely unfulfilling but entertaining at times. Maybe if we could just get mike to comment here like Pete Schneider has

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I meant to say that i am not sure what else there is to say. Based on all the info, the books are legit. How many there are and why the one seller apparently is the only one with copies is just weird. Bet he wished he priced them higher than $89 at the start.

Country
    Country Flag

Just FYI, looks like Waterstone's had 55 signed copies for random giveaway for pre-ordered books.

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm on the hunt for a uk copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. The couple I've seen have been over $600.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get a golden ticket in my last Goldsboro box
    Oh well. Still a fun week. Maybe someday we will find out how many copies there were.

Country
    Country Flag

$4239 (Ebay auction) for a signed UK copy of Career of Evil from Waterstone's. Anyone need a copy? -

Country
    Country Flag

Found out some info on the UK editions if anyone is interested:

There are very few signed first editions of Career of Evil, certainly fewer than the previous Galbraith novel and possibly fewer than the first novel, The Cuckoo's Calling. Surprisingly, none of the few signed first editions of Career of Evil that came from the publisher have the J. K. Rowling hologram. However, it's worth noting that the signed edition differs on the copyright page from the regular trade hardcover. This printing difference can help to easily identify the authenticity of the signed edition. Firstly, on the signed first edition, the copyright is attributed to J. K. Rowling whereas on the regular unsigned first edition, it is attributed to Robert Galbraith. Also, on line 5 of the copyright page the signed edition reads: "See pages 491-504 for full credits. Selected Blue Öyster Cult lyrics 1967-1994 by kind permission of Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd" On the unsigned first edition a much simpler line is in its place which reads: "Credits for chapter epigraphs on page 491." This book also has 2 variant dust jackets. Both jackets have quotes on the back but one credits those quotes whilst the other does not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast