Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, any proof of her new book out there?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No -- they're not issuing any copies before 9/27

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldnt surprise me... but i am certain that there are still proofs out there... probably only a handful though... Top secret stuff
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This is straight from the publicist: "You are on our list to receive a copy on/around 9/27. There are no early copies of this book."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be looking for one.

John

I bet Ian Rankin has a copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

And James Runcie, for sure

By the way Bev, will you receive a trade copy? Because they told me that was not going to do any proof copy.

That's my understanding -- that I will be getting a finished copy of the book.

Country
    Country Flag

IMO, the only proofs that probably exists are :
    - for internal purpose only (within the publishers)
    - translators that have an extremely tight schedule to do their work : 3 weeks for some of them.
    I've read an article about how the US publisher will not be able to give the book prior to a specific date (being... now?), that was only leaving 3 weeks for the translator to do their job as some of foreign publishers (ie : France & Sweden) will still release the book on the 27th of september...

Edit : because of the tight schedule, they may actually be working on a finished printed copy?

Yes, I would say they work with a finished copy.
    In fact, I'd bet that if the foreign publisher accepts to do the translations 3 weeks before the release (for saying something), they are allowed to publish on sept 27., but if not, you can't have the finished book before that.

Country
    Country Flag

My guess as well.

http://www.therecord.com/whatson/art...nder-the-radar

But the secrecy surrounding The Casual Vacancy isn’t. As with Harry Potter, there are no advance copies for the media, no early reviews.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link. I've already got a copy on pre-order at Amazon.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    I also have this weird stuff:

Thank's for posting the pics of the Advanced Potions Making. I didn't even know it existed. I just ordered a copy off eBay.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my copy of Advanced Potion Making. It's a VERY interesting item. There's no title page, no copyright page, and no indication of who actually wrote it. All it really has is a statement on the last page stating that it was made by "The Magickal World of Wizardry" and that neither Rowling, Warner Bros or "any other offical entity" was involved.

it's really kind of neat!

John

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone getting tickets for the NYC appearance in October?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well those tickets went on sale 12 hours early (by accident ). This sucks! Reminds me of a certain S/L fiasco!

UPDATE: I actually got thru by phone and got the last two tickets. Looks like my luck is turning around

Congrats Becca!

Could you upload photos of you Advanced Potion Making, John?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the cover:

And one of the internal pages (page 12):

The paper is wrinkled and parchment-liike and printed on only one side. It's a pretty neat little item.

John

Country
    Country Flag

That's cool. Where can I get one?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...1&_mPrRngCbx=1

The seller is actually the person who printed this.

John

It is great!

I made myself my copy, based on a Deathly Hallows copy so inside they have the seventh book.

I copied the style and colors from the one which appears in the adult cover of HP7, even the wrappers and the damage parts.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    It is great!

I made myself my copy, based on a Deathly Hallows copy so inside they have the seventh book.

I copied the style and colors from the one which appears in the adult cover of HP7, even the wrappers and the damage parts.
    Can you post some pics? I'd really like to see it.

John

This is the original Half Blood Prince adult edition cover:

And this is my self-made copy. I tried to remain loyal to details

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I'd never be able to do something like that.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast