Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    With 20 hours to go the eBay auction is at $3100!!!
    That's incredible!
    How high can it go? It's the only signed copy currently listed and the hype is huge, think it will hit $5,000?
    I'm shocked that it broke $1000. I say it tops out at $4000.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    I found this:

http://biblio.co.uk/books/610987961.html

It says "Bookseller has 222 copies at this price.", which seems weird. 222 seems a random number

Anyway, I think tomorrow or Thursday, a library having stock won't mean anything anymore
    It's already down to 202 available copies.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, even the unsigned UK first is going for a lot. The highest is up to $754 with another copy at $567.
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if anyone else will be outed the way Rowling was with that computer software.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller of the signed copy pulled the auction. That must have been one heck of an off ebay offer.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

The seller of the signed copy pulled the auction. That must have been one heck of an off ebay offer.
    Never mind, I looked up the rules. I'd be pissed if I was the high bidder though (or maybe relieved I didn't just spend $3200).

Country
    Country Flag

There is a UK proof up on eBay now as well, although I think the seller is in Australia.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    I found this:

It says "Bookseller has 222 copies at this price.", which seems weird. 222 seems a random number

Anyway, I think tomorrow or Thursday, a library having stock won't mean anything anymore
    How do you now its first edition?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I found this:

It's not. When you run a search with the first edition filter it returns this:

http://biblio.co.uk/search.php?autho...asc&pageper=20
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

I just received this from Foyles:

Thank you for your e-mail.

A brief e-mail to inform you that both copies of the books are in order with our suppliers. The UK edition of the book ordered is,unfortunately, going to be a second print. If you wish, we can cancel the order for it. Looking at the site of our American suppliers, i can only see that the book is out stock at the moment, though they are expecting copies soon. I can not tell you if this new copies are going to be first or second prints, but it is more likely that they are going to be reprints as the book was published in America in April. If you wish, we can also cancel the order for the American edition.

I hope this information is of a use to you.

I guess this is going to be as hard as HP1 to get one...

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I found this:

It's not. When you run a search with the first edition filter it returns this:

http://biblio.co.uk/search.php?autho...asc&pageper=20
    Thanks for the update! Compared to ebay this are still cheap prices!

EDIT: AND SOLD!

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A brief e-mail to inform you that both copies of the books are in order with our suppliers. The UK edition of the book ordered is,unfortunately, going to be a second print. If you wish, we can cancel the order for it. Looking at the site of our American suppliers, i can only see that the book is out stock at the moment, though they are expecting copies soon. I can not tell you if this new copies are going to be first or second prints, but it is more likely that they are going to be reprints as the book was published in America in April. If you wish, we can also cancel the order for the American edition.

Thanks for the post. I was wondering this morning if that would be the case when my ordered was still pending shipment.

Just in case anybody doesn't know yet, this second prints are going to have "Robert Galbraith is a pseudonym for J.K. Rowling" on the dustjacket, so that's a good reason to keep them too.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Never mind, I looked up the rules. I'd be pissed if I was the high bidder though (or maybe relieved I didn't just spend $3200).
    Very true, although it could have been the high bidder that made the deal.
    Making an offer the seller can't refuse is certainly one way to avoid last second snipe bids.

I'm very surprised that another signed copy wasn't listed over the last couple of days.
    Mark Twain

http://www.msebooks.com/the-cuckoos-...ling-787-p.asp

It seems someone got a signed 1st for £350.00

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to PW, the audio edition outsold every other UK edition of THE CUCKOO'S CALLING.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Little Brown UK told The Bookseller that "Robert Galbraith's" THE CUCKOO'S CALLING had sold 1,400 print copies and 800 ebooks domestically, plus 2,000 export copies and 3,800 audio downloads. (That compares to under 500 hardcovers in the US.) The UK publisher is reprinting 140,000 copies.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered from The Book Depository in the wee hours Sunday morning, then sent them an e-mail yesterday to check. Got this:

"Unfortunately due to phenomenal demand since it was revealed the author was in fact, J.K. Rowling, every supplier has depleted stock. The publishers are aware of this and conducting a second print-run as we speak. This is why we have changed the status of the book on our website to pre-order.

The publishers and our suppliers have confirmed that we should receive our delayed stock by 5th August. Your order will then be shipped as soon as it arrives into our warehouse."

But then, I checked my spam box and had an e-mail from them sent four hours earlier that my order had been dispatched. Then I checked at their site and it also confirms shipped.

SO, here's hoping!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the post. I was wondering this morning if that would be the case when my ordered was still pending shipment.
    So aggravating! Mine said it would ship today and now they've changed it to on order.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

I've ordered from so many places I have lost the count I thik I will end with a lot of 2nd printings... fortunately, I can sell them for the same price here in Argentina

Country
    Country Flag

There is another signed copy up on eBay. I bet we see more as shipments from Goldsboro and other places start arriving.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251306332810

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Two signed UK copies and a US ARC are on ebay.

Signed UK #1 This one doubled in price while I was writing this post.

Signed UK #2

US ARC Currently only at $26.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that too. Ridiculous.

This store has 11 UK editions in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Cuckoos-...=AWJCO5H06CIFN

I don't know if they just receive second printings or what. I bought a copy a few hours ago and it the status just changed to "Dispatching now"

Country
    Country Flag

This is really weird, I pulled this up on my phone and this is the description on the mobile UK site:

When I look at it on the desktop site all I can find is this:
    Publisher: Sphere; UK first Edition First Printing edition (18 April 2013)

I really hope that the mobile site is correct. How many of these do you have on order now, pmtarantino?

This store has 11 UK editions in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Cuckoos-...=AWJCO5H06CIFN

I don't know if they just receive second printings or what. I bought a copy a few hours ago and it the status just changed to "Dispatching now"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast