Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    Rare and Signed will sell it for £3000. They already told me.
    True !

Received this response to my request to save a copy....

We only had 8 signed First Editions of the Silkworm available. Each book will be accompanied by images of J K Rowling signing the books and a ticket / details from the one off worldwide signing. These are £3000 each including worldwide insured shipping. Only 3 are now available.
    They already sold 5 so it must not be THAT ridiculous

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's ridiculous for US customers for sure!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yeah for sure - I just meant in terms of market value. I think two things should have happened.

1) she has a signing with a set amount to be signed
    2) only one competition gets run for the signed copies

I'm starting to think the golden tickets were a little less rare than we were led to believe.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

There is no way that price to be fair. For half price, you can get The Cuckoo's Calling 1st signed, which is much more rare than The Silkworm will be.

Given that a lot of bookstores in the UK had signed copies (almost every Waterstones store with twitter seemed to have copies), and that she will have a signing event, I will say that the price will be more closer to The Casual Vacancy (by the way, you can get signed copies by 200/300 pounds) than to The Cuckoo's Calling.

I really hope that the golden ticket are ommon because I didn't receive my Goldsboro orders yet...

EDIT:

Well, there are a few signed copies on Ebay.

This one is BUY IT NOW for 550 pounds, with Make Offer... so I guess I wasn't wrong
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robert-Gal...torefresh=true

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3,000 looks high to me. They have signed SK books for sale with ridiculous prices as well

http://www.rareandsigned.com/?page=s...tegory_id=1267

Also, Do you know if Waterstones bookstores take telephone orders and ship to US ?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    3,000 looks high to me. They have signed SK books for sale with ridiculous prices as well

http://www.rareandsigned.com/?page=s...tegory_id=1267

Also, Do you know if Waterstones bookstores take telephone orders and ship to US ?
    Yes they do take phone orders and they also ship to the US.

The Silkworm works out to £22.50 shipped to Florida. £10 for the book and £12.50 shipping.

The number is +44208 045 1001
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Yes, but there are no difference with order online. The signed copies (if there are any left) are only to be purchased in store in person, one copy per customer.

My Mood
    Inspired

There's no way they will be as common as casual vacancy. She had multiple events for the book. The waterstones only had one-five copies of the book IF they had any.

That being said, I am looking for one of those US copies now that I aalready have a guarenteed UK copy.

I said it will be closer, not that will be at the same price. As you can see on eBay, it is definitely closer to The Casual Vacancy than to The Cuckoo's Calling. Also, the prices usually drop down after the hype.

My Mood
    Inspired

I said it will be closer, not that will be at the same price. As you can see on eBay, it is definitely closer to The Casual Vacancy than to The Cuckoo's Calling. Also, the prices usually drop down after the hype.
    All of the signed copies are over 1k on ebay except one. Casual vacancy is like 200-300 USD. I think these will stay around the 1k-2k ranges and there will be a premium is bundled with the first book signed.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yeah for sure - I just meant in terms of market value. I think two things should have happened.

I'm starting to think the golden tickets were a little less rare than we were led to believe.
    Well they are receiving 250 signed books. That's 250 golden tickets - quite a lot for one store.

**Also, does anyone know where those posted bookplates will be available??

My Mood
    Inspired

Well they are receiving 250 signed books. That's 250 golden tickets - quite a lot for one store.

**Also, does anyone know where those posted bookplates will be available??
    But they were the only store to receive that number. waterstones only had a couple each.

I doubt we will see any of those bookplates on the primary market for general sale.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK guys - you got a chance to get the SIGNED book. HURRY !!!!!!

I called this store (based on the tweet) and they have couple of signed books. They ship to US !

Tweet - https://twitter.com/EdinBookshop

Website - http://www.edinburghbookshop.com/subpages/copies.html

Phone number - +44 131 447 1917

I ordered one copy (maximum...)

Good luck !!!

Country
    Country Flag

no answer

Country
    Country Flag

They open until 6:00 PM. It's 6:45 now in UK so maybe they are closed already (good sign ?)

Call first thing in the (their) morning. They open 9:30 am = 3:30 am CST

My Mood
    Inspired

I can't call long distance ARGHHHHH

You already have a signed UK copy, leave something for the unlucky souls

My Mood
    Inspired

You already have a signed UK copy, leave something for the unlucky souls
    If you think I'm bad look at the twitter @johnnie_rowling ... He's got at least 3

My Mood
    Inspired

The edinburgh bookshop is out of copies - all purchased yesterday

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The edinburgh bookshop is out of copies - all purchased yesterday
    wel it is back to sleep for me…doh

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

know anyone in the uk? there are several available only to uk residents - at some local shops - pm me and i can send you the number

Country
    Country Flag

Called around to every waterstones that tweeted they had a copy. no luck and the last store I called that had one - no shipping to US…but I am sure I racked up a pretty good sum on international calls this morning. AT least it wasn't for nothing…and Thanks Tom for trying to help me out as well.

Country
    Country Flag

So I called close to a dozen stores - and 3 had copies available - but no one would ship to the US - had to show up in person - of well. So if anyone is near a waterstones in Truro, Belfast, or Norwich try your luck, show the tweet and send me a copy

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    So I called close to a dozen stores - and 3 had copies available - but no one would ship to the US - had to show up in person - of well. So if anyone is near a waterstones in Truro, Belfast, or Norwich try your luck, show the tweet and send me a copy
    On one hand I can see why they do not ship, but honestly it just kills me that they haad 3 aavailable and wouldn't ship you one. That's a little ridiculous.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

guys, I cant do the calling, but if any of you need a UK address to ship to, then PM me and I will supply mine.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast