Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like you need an account to read it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an account (it's free) but I still couldn't find it.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link. I don't know if you have to have an account or not.

http://www.pottermore.com/en-us/book...itch-world-cup

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And here's a link for an essay by Rowling on wizarding colours:

http://www.pottermore.com/en-us/book...oment1/colours

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am sure that y'all heard that there will be an official bibliography?
    J.K. Rowling: A Bibliography, by Bloomsbury Academic... which will be sold $120 and will be written
    >>> http://www.hypable.com/2014/04/04/jk...hy-bloomsbury/

“This is the definitive bibliography of the writings of J.K. Rowling. In addition to complete bibliographic details of all her books, pamphlets, original contributions to published works and broadcasts, there is detailed information on Rowling at auction, on significant reviews and on scholarly work on Rowling. This will be the first source on Rowling consulted by textual scholars, book collectors, auction houses, critics and researchers. The aim of the book is to record fact and dispel rumour on the fascinating publishing history of the Harry Potter series.”

Here is a message from the writer of : THE HARRY POTTER JOURNEY

Update about The Harry Potter Journey

It has been a few months since The Harry Potter Journey has been published. I hope you liked it and enjoyed.

The reviews I read were very positives. I'd like to know what do you think about the book.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I've been working in the next installments of The Harry Potter Journey. I've been talking with readers of the first edition, asking what they liked, about what they wanted to know more, and I am trying to include all the feedback in this new volume.

The bad news is a little more complicated. Although I already knew it a few weeks ago, Bloomsbury (the UK publishers) has announced recently they are going to publish "J.K. Rowling: A Bibliography".

In their own words, "This is the definitive bibliography of the writings of J. K. Rowling. In addition to complete bibliographic details of all her books, pamphlets, original contributions to published works and broadcasts, there is detailed information on Rowling at auction, on significant reviews and on scholarly work on Rowling. This will be the first source on Rowling consulted by textual scholars, book collectors, auction houses, critics and researchers. The aim of the book is to record fact and dispel rumour on the fascinating publishing history of the Harry Potter series."

I know they started to work on this early after they approve The Harry Potter Journey. It seems they wasn't happy with an unofficial Bibliography (even a unofficial bibliography they censured), and wanted to have their own material - where they will be able to tell what they think is appropriate.

Giving the circumstances, we are doubting in following with The Harry Potter Journey. We clearly can't compete with an official source, and more over: Bloomsbury right now sees us as competence.

However, we will wait until we read this new book by Philip Errington (the one who sold The Tales of Beedle the Bard manuscript at Sotheby's).

After that, we will made a decision and we will share it with you. We want to have your support on this. Please, feel free to reply to this email with your thoughts on this case.

Thank you again, for everything.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

$120 seems awful expensive.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Goldsboro Books is having a competition of sorts for signed copies of The Silkworm. It is open to everyone, and they said on their their twitter they will make arrangements if an overseas buyer wins.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-...id=7liTdA77-Dw

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone pick up a book today at Goldsboro? Don't forget to add Strike It Lucky in the comments.

Does anyone have recommendations of their in stock books?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

The first Strike it Lucky appeared:

https://twitter.com/bookaholic77/sta...38889456676864

It went to a girl from Twitter, who "rarely" was/is followed by the people from Goldsboro Books, the official Goldsboro Books and CrimeVault - but she only has a few followers, which means she isn't popular. If you look at her blog, she reviewed all the books that Goldsboro Books has been lately announced ... am I a bad person for thinking bad in this case?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... interesting. I've ordered 2 books so far and I'm ordering another this week. I really hope they aren't cherry picking the winners I was hoping it was a random thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hmmm... interesting. I've ordered 2 books so far and I'm ordering another this week. I really hope they aren't cherry picking the winners I was hoping it was a random thing.
    Supposed to be random but who knows with these things.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

They didn't announce how many golden tickets are out there...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    No they didn't... I was assuming 250 but it could be 10.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So do you JK collectors value a signature by "Robert Galbraith" as valuable as one by "JK Rowling"? Just curious.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Robert Galbraith might be considered more valuable. I'm not sure if she is signing like that anymore since her cover was blown.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    No they didn't... I was assuming 250 but it could be 10.
    They did offer copies to people they consider valued customers. My feeling is there will be more signed copies of Silkworm than Cuckoos Calling, of which there were a reported 200ish copies signed. I'd say around 250-300.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So do you JK collectors value a signature by "Robert Galbraith" as valuable as one by "JK Rowling"? Just curious.
    I think the Galbraith sig will be more sought after if she doesn't sign the Silkworm as the pseudonym. For all we know these will be the only cuckoos calling copies that get signed, which will keep the price high for a Rowling collector. Additionally she said that future signatures will have the Rowling certification sticker.

Country
    Country Flag

Any one else ever pick up one of these? I got this when it was released in 2008 at a Harry Potter Exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. Its a pretty nice production actually.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Any one else ever pick up one of these? I got this when it was released in 2008 at a Harry Potter Exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. Its a pretty nice production actually.

I've never seen one before, but I'd like to have a copy!

John

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I only own this one :

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I only own this one :

WOW!! Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I only own this one :

Very nice. Wish I had the foresight to track the uk firsts down years ago. Granted I was 12 or so when Harry Potter first came out.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

I love this. Do you have a pic of the copyright page? Might try and find a copy

Country
    Country Flag

A friend in England was at Goldsboro and found out they are getting 250 signed copies of Silk Worm.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow! Did they say they would be available online?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast