Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I actually reported him before the picture was removed. Hopefully eBay can look at prior states of the listing.

Along the Path of the Beam deanhoadley is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I guess this is very tenuosly connected to this thread, I have a signed copy of The Women in Black, one that came out with the film last year, signed by the author (Susan Hill) and Harry Potter himself (Daniel Radcliffe).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I actually reported him before the picture was removed. Hopefully eBay can look at prior states of the listing.
    They certainly can. It's a matter of if they will.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by deanhoadley View Post
    I guess this is very tenuosly connected to this thread, I have a signed copy of The Women in Black, one that came out with the film last year, signed by the author (Susan Hill) and Harry Potter himself (Daniel Radcliffe).
    Very cool! Can you upload a photo?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I went into Waterstones on Monday and they had copies of the (twice) reprinted variety, but in my local supermarket they were reprinted (six) times!

Along the Path of the Beam deanhoadley is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'll get a photo uploaded in the next day or two

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    Any chance to get a promotional item?
    I did check on the promos for you. No luck on anything from the Summer shows, but they will see what comes up for the Fall shows.
    If I get anything I'll let everyone know.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    Any chance to get a promotional item?
    I did check on the promos for you. No luck on anything from the Summer shows, but they will see what comes up for the Fall shows.
    If I get anything I'll let everyone know.
    Thank you Scoogs

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Bought the new covers today! With the slipcase - FREAKING awesome artwork.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to have to find those!

John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Well worth it john - my advice is check your local target - they were cheapest there

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never did get my copy of A Cuckoo's Calling from Speedy Hen. They claimed to have shipped the same day I ordered, which would have meant a first printing. (As if) That first shipment went missing.

They tried again. Of course I knew that a first printing was out of the question at that point. The second shipment went missing as well.

They wanted to try again. I told them that unless it is at least a second printing then just refund my money. On Saturday they claimed to have shipped it.

Today I received an email that a refund has been issued.

Scenario: The guy in the office said, "Yeah, we can do that." While the guy in the warehouse said, "Not happening! We're shipping the 10th(?) printing!

Speedy Hen? Never again!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange. I ordered my copy from Speedy Hen on the 14th and got it (a second printing) fairly quickly with no problems. I was hoping against hope that it would be a first printing, but no such luck.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Strange. I ordered my copy from Speedy Hen on the 14th and got it (a second printing) fairly quickly with no problems. I was hoping against hope that it would be a first printing, but no such luck.

John
    I ordered on the morning of the 14th too. I did find a second printing on eBay, of course it cost double. It arrived safely and is very nice.

Also, I just bought a "Brand New US 1st/1st for $55." The last couple that sold on eBay went for over $200.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nice find. I've been casually looking for a US 1st/1st but haven't seen anything that low.

I just received The Chamber of Secrets, Bloomsbury, 1st printing!

And I am waiting for more books. When the mail finishes its September delivery, I will upload photos of the last acquisitions.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Can't wait to see it.

Thanks

By the way, I've been following some auctions and it seems The Cuckoo's Calling 1st of UK is selling for 500 GBP nowadays. I think the price dropped from the first days, right? It was selling for something like 800, 900 gbp, wasn't?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Also, I just bought a "Brand New US 1st/1st for $55." The last couple that sold on eBay went for over $200.
    He had stated explicitly that it was a first edition and first printing. He sent a second printing. He hasn't responded to me on eBay. I opened a case.

Country
    Country Flag

A signed copy just went for 2000 usd, so it looks like prices may be settling.

Country
    Country Flag

He had stated explicitly that it was a first edition and first printing. He sent a second printing. He hasn't responded to me on eBay. I opened a case.
    That stinks. Hopefully you'll get your money back.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, it doesn't seem you are having much luck at all. **Sending you some good vibes**

BTW - I've given up looking. I figure maybe in a few months or so things will settle down.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

That sucks Brian. I hope you can find your 1st edition soon, and get your money back. In my experience, eBay always behaves in favor of the buyer.

Country
    Country Flag

The seller responded. He's willing to issue a refund, but doesn't want to pay return shipping.

He says, ""first printing in North America: April 2013" appears on the title and publication pages in the front of the book that I sent to you. The numbers 2 through 10 appear because editions 2 through 10 had not yet been printed."

I can't believe the depth of ignorance involved.

So everyone who has a full numberline copy. That numberline includes the number 1 to let you know it has "not yet been printed."

I am responding to him explaining the way it actually works. I want to include a picture of the copyright page of a first printing. The only one I can find on tdt.org is out of focus. Can someone upload, or link me to, a good picture of the US edition copyright page of The Cuckoo's Calling?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast