Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Heritage Auctions...

J.K. Rowling. The Complete Deluxe Edition Harry Potter Series.
    London: Bloomsbury, [1999-2007]. First deluxe editions, first printings. Original cloth bindings. Fine.
    What do you think that is worth Brian?
    I don't know what they are actually worth. They are being offered elsewhere for $2500 or so. They are hard to find as a set in fine condition. I think perhaps the $1000-$1500 range.

This is the first printing of the first deluxe edition by the London publisher.

These are not the first edition/first printings and they are not the "Box Set."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

They did come as a boxed set - however I do not believe any boxed set contained all first printings. I believe they came as a boxed set once they had all been published.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    They did come as a boxed set - however I do not believe any boxed set contained all first printings. I believe they came as a boxed set once they had all been published.
    Correct. The first boxed set is not a set of first printings.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually paid about $750 or so for my set. I bought the first four (in the actual slipcase) from Camelot during a holiday sale - got those 4 for about $500. Then I spent about $250 getting the last 3 books - all 1st/1st and in fine shape - unread. The last 3 I was able to find brand new. The $250 might be a little high estimation (possibly around $200). For me it was a good deal. And I remember seeing them on ebay for the same range above - $1200-1500, although now sets are listed between $1800-2900.

I have not seen any recent sales of sets on ebay - but there were 4 copies of prisoner of azkaban that sold between $425-650 over past 2 months (but that is the most expensive in the set).

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    There is actually a boxed set of just the first 4 books (I know since it is sitting in my bookcase) - although not sure if this was a later slipcase and Kim replaced any later printings with all 1st/1st

The slipcase is printed - gold foil on red - and says harry potter gift set, has picture of the train on either side

Country
    Country Flag

If you want to get an idea of the 4 book slip case it is on my collection - page 12 around post #294

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The new HP Bloomsbury editions, 1st printings:
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Nice! I bought a set as well. Be careful the DJ are very easily scratched.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Love them! I wish I could get them, but I've spent so much this year...

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon had this on sale this morning for $129 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1612185916/...d_p=1980507022

I was lucky to grab one

My Mood
    Inspired

lucky

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great !

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Amazon had this on sale this morning for $129 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1612185916/...d_p=1980507022

I was lucky to grab one
    Damn! And I was driving all day

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

I was lucky to grab one
    Damn! And I was driving all day
    keep an eye on it - i was reading one of the reviews and they mentioned it has dropped to $130 on 4 separate occasions this past year - so it should drop again.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

12 Harry Potter short stories to be available in december
    >>> http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/12/05/...edea12fd557b36
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    12 Harry Potter short stories to be available in december
    >>> http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/12/05/...edea12fd557b36
    Thanks for posting this!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a 1/1 Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone? I have 1/1 of all else but can't find that any where. Please PM me to let me know if you have one.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a great day visiting the Warner Bros studio tour of Harry Potter in London today. Amazing place, from the opening of the doors to the great hall to the massive scale model of Hogwarts everything was really cool. Here's a couple of pictures.

Difficult to get the scale, but this thing fills a warehouse sized room!

Inside Olivanders, EVERY box is individually hand made and has the name of a cast or film crew member on it. They are four walls of these and all randomly placed so finding the 'stars' is a real fun game. There are literally thousands of boxes.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The new HP Bloomsbury editions, 1st printings:
    Do you have a contact to get these across the pond? dumb Bloomsbury can't sell them to us.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I went to the HP studio a couple years ago. Really cool place.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Do you have a contact to get these across the pond? dumb Bloomsbury can't sell them to us.
    I got these thru bookdepository.com or you can try waterstones.com or foyles.co.uk

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a 1/1 Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone? I have 1/1 of all else but can't find that any where. Please PM me to let me know if you have one.
    I see them occasionally in used book stores or try Ebay or Abebooks. $400-600 range is what I've been seeing. I've only got a deluxe edition. I should have bought the whole lot when they came out but I wasn't collecting YA back then.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see them occasionally in used book stores or try Ebay or Abebooks. $400-600 range is what I've been seeing. I've only got a deluxe edition. I should have bought the whole lot when they came out but I wasn't collecting YA back then.
    I got these thru bookdepository.com or you can try waterstones.com or foyles.co.uk
    Thanks! they are cheaper through book depository than they are from Bloomsbury. and yeah I have an alert set up on ebay that tells me every day all the new ones posted and I see one come up so little and usually the person is asking $1000...

Along the Path of the Beam 2929 will become famous soon enough 2929's Avatar

I have one, but consider it one of the two or three best books in my collection, and wouldn't consider selling it. If I saw one a decent copy in that price range--$400-600--I would jump at it.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The other day one popped up on Ebay and it was a first printing book with a 2nd or 3rd printing Jacket (Publishers Weekly Quote) for a few hundred. I thought about it and hey I might still jump on it. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-K-Rowling-...item54169e8f64

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast