Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

similar initials but alas not the same - should be getting my first batch of goldsboro books - can only hope there is a lucky ticket inside

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I also got one. £30.00 for a Rowling signature!

John
    It's not signed by Rowling, John. Only signed by the illustrator.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be canceling my order. I should know that I shouldn't do things late at night (late for me, that is.)

<Edit> I changed my mind about canceling the order. That looks like a very interesting volume, and I want it anyway!

John

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'll be canceling my order. I should know that I shouldn't do things late at night (late for me, that is.)

<Edit> I changed my mind about canceling the order. That looks like a very interesting volume, and I want it anyway!

John
    The way I figure - see how this edition looks and then I'll decide if I'll collect this set. If not I can see what its value will be online.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I do like it but skip anyway. I do not see the need for one more (colored/graphic) edition... But probably i change my mind when you post the first pics!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can preorder an unsigned copy on Amazon for $22.44 - http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0...f_rd_i=desktop

I don't think the illustrator's signature adds much value.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks @ ELa: now i ordered... damn, i really wanted to skip, but my hand was to fast!

Country
    Country Flag

Just received my copy of The Silkworm last week - now if I can only get a golden ticket in my first batch of books coming soon.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. None of my orders have shown up yet.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my first of two books ordered from Goldsboro - first book - box of demons....NO golden ticket...doh! Oh well - have one more book on the way - should behere this week so we will see.

However, the box of demons is a pretty cool little book - will have to read it with Caleb soon

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Just got my first of two books ordered from Goldsboro - first book - box of demons....NO golden ticket...doh! Oh well - have one more book on the way - should behere this week so we will see.

However, the box of demons is a pretty cool little book - will have to read it with Caleb soon
    Me either. I'm hoping the next one. Otherwise, gotta find a new book to order. There are some coming out Sept 1 that look interesting.

BTW - Mine looks double signed but I can't tell if it's just a printed signature. Can you tell?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Me either. I'm hoping the next one. Otherwise, gotta find a new book to order. There are some coming out Sept 1 that look interesting.

BTW - Mine looks double signed but I can't tell if it's just a printed signature. Can you tell?
    you are correct - it is double signed - i think that was how the listing was written - signed by both riddell and wheelan

Country
    Country Flag

So I'm not a big Potter collector, but I saw this book and had to pick it up. It is filled with a wealth of information about all the Potter books published up to 2013. I think the original retail is something like $128 or some crazy amount. It is a 3rd printing (big deal), and I got it for $45 shipped from the UK.

Same seller has more for sale - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JK-Rowling...item28065424b8

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered one.

John

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

you are correct - it is double signed - i think that was how the listing was written - signed by both riddell and wheelan
    Received my book yesterday - double signed nice production.

Oh and ......NO ticket....

Country
    Country Flag

So far no one got it on the first round of books...from here that is

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/harry-p...9781408871874/

Anyone going for this beauty??
    I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but am very tempted.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

G
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    For $200 seems a bit steep - especially not sure how it'll look or the quality of the illustrations. I'll just stick with the basic illustrated copy I ordered from Goldsboro - to see if I even like the edition and want to continue. Plus at least $1400 if they continue the entire series...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    I'll pass. Sure, it looks nice, but I don't think any of these reprint gift special editions will hold any real value. How many different versions of the same book can you own? I guess it is like Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. Some collectors will buy every edition that comes out. Whatever makes you happy.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So I'm not a big Potter collector, but I saw this book and had to pick it up. It is filled with a wealth of information about all the Potter books published up to 2013. I think the original retail is something like $128 or some crazy amount. It is a 3rd printing (big deal), and I got it for $45 shipped from the UK.

Same seller has more for sale - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JK-Rowling...item28065424b8
    My copy arrived today in perfect condition. Well worth the price.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow - that didn't take long. This was posted to reddit and has already been taken. Reporting agencies really need to do their own homework.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Also should point out - the ravenclaw house colors are correct - but in the books the symbol for the house is an eagle not a raven.

Country
    Country Flag

$275 for seven fancy jackets on what look to be later printing books? Pass.

Looks like Juniper Books has lots of these sets - Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast