Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks, Hunter. That’s amazing that he has so many things planned.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Are there still plans to collect the Corbett short stories in one book?

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Are there still plans to collect the Corbett short stories in one book?
    Ah, yes! I forgot that one. That will come before the last Matthew novel, and he'll be writing three more new stories for that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see a few of the lettered copies of the SST Cardinal Black are showing up for sale. Looks like a beautiful book!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Are you sure it’s the Lettered? I didn’t think that had been released yet. My numbered from SST is still on its way.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup - check ABE books. Three lettered copies.

Yep, you’re right. I stand corrected.

Huh. I don’t even have a shipping notice for mine yet.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Me neither.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Paul stated in his newsletter from 13 September that the traycases had arrived and he would be shipping the books ASAP.

FWIW, I never get shipping notices from him.

Country
    Country Flag

I got a shipping notice a couple of days ago so they are on their way!

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Cardinal Black arrived today. Very nice edition. I had not realized they produced 52 copies - thought it was a 26 copy run. It is same height as the Sub Press edition and the colours and feel are close to their lettered McCammon (except Boy’s Life and Swan Song which are higher end then the rest).

SubPress didn't do Cardinal Black, they only did books 2-6 in the series.

That said, SST does great work and Paul's a wonderful guy. I'm definitely a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Lettered Cardinal Black arrived today. Very nice edition. I had not realized they produced 52 copies - thought it was a 26 copy run. It is same height as the Sub Press edition and the colours and feel are close to their lettered McCammon (except Boy’s Life and Swan Song which are higher end then the rest).
    CD or SST lettered Cardinal Black?

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    SST lettered.

Country
    Country Flag

SubPress didn't do Cardinal Black, they only did books 2-6 in the series.

That said, SST does great work and Paul's a wonderful guy. I'm definitely a fan!
    I simply mean the book looks and feels similar to the SP lettered McCammon works and so looks at home on the shelf with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    SST lettered.
    Very nice. Congrats! I hope mine is also on its way.

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Keeping an eye out for Sub Press Boy's Life. How much should I be looking to spend? Not a lot of info online. Thx

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Keeping an eye out for Sub Press Boy's Life. How much should I be looking to spend? Not a lot of info online. Thx
    I think the reason nobody responded to your post is... nobody knows. They rarely/virtually never come up for sale. There aren't any listed on Abe Books or eBay and there haven't been any sold recently that I'm aware of. It seems to be one of those books that people are hanging onto.

Here’s one: click

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Here’s one: click
    Sure enough! I missed that one because it didn't have a photo.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a free Halloween treat from Robert McCammon!

A Halloween Treat from Robert McCammon: "Night Ride"

It's a free, new Matthew Corbett story! Available to read on the website or to download in AZW3 (Kindle), MOBI, EPUB (NOOK), and PDF formats!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will McCammon be doing a signing at Chattacon? I might be able to make that one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Will McCammon be doing a signing at Chattacon? I might be able to make that one.
    They haven't released the full schedule yet, AFAIK, but yes, there'll be several signing opportunities that weekend.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    They haven't released the full schedule yet, AFAIK, but yes, there'll be several signing opportunities that weekend.
    Thanks again Hunter. I always appreciate the information and insights. How did you originally get involved with McCammon? Sounds like you go back a long way.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again Hunter. I always appreciate the information and insights. How did you originally get involved with McCammon? Sounds like you go back a long way.
    You're welcome!

I was a big fan of his work in the '80s. I read They Thirst when it was new, and by the time I read the next one, Mystery Walk, I knew that They Thirst wasn't a fluke. After Swan Song came out, I started seeing some short stories appearing, and, inspired by Castle Rock, I thought there should be a McCammon newsletter to keep people informed. In October 1988, I pitched the idea to him, with the help of a bookseller who knew him, and he was amenable. From January 1989 through mid-1991, I published six issues of Lights Out! The Robert R. McCammon Newsletter. During that time, we got to be good friends. When the worldwide web came around, I started a Lights Out! website to host some of the stuff I'd published. That lasted until he announced his retirement in 1998, when he asked me to shut the site down, because he didn't see the point in having a site when he had nothing new coming out. When he came back out of retirement with the publication of Speaks the Nightbird in 2002, I volunteered to relaunch a website, and I've been doing it ever since. As Facebook and Twitter appeared and gained in popularity, I created official pages for the site. He prefers to stay away from social media and leaves all of that to me. It's been a fun hobby.

If you're interested, five of the six issues of Lights Out! can be downloaded in PDF format from his website.

Thanks for asking!

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast