Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Hunter, is there no audio edition planned yet?
    Yes, Audible will release the audiobook version of The Listener on the book's release date, February 27, 2018! I don't have any other details at this time, but I imagine pre-orders for it will go up soon.

The week before that, on February 20, Audible will release audiobook editions of Stinger, Mystery Walk, and Usher's Passing. On March 28, they will release the audiobook edition of MINE. When that is published, there will be audiobook editions of every Robert McCammon title.

Hunter
    Thanks! I hope they make more physical audio copies of his books though.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Thanks! I hope they make more physical audio copies of his books though.
    That would be nice. I have no idea if they'll do that or not. It's a separate group at Audible that determines that, and I have no idea how they decide what to release on physical media.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UK publisher SST has announced a signed, limited edition of The Listener for the UK market. It will be published in March/April 2018 and features cover art by Vincent Sammy. Limited to 550 copies.

The Listener at SST Publications

Subterranean Press and Camelot Books also have a few copies.

Hunter
    Very cool. I've ordered one. Thanks for the information.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Due to a post-xmas need to balance the credit card (it was an expensive year last year!) I have decided to list my Subpress edition of Swan Song.
    (from the UK)

http://r.ebay.com/m63Ugb

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dan Hocker posted this in the Cemetery Dance thread:

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    For those interested, He'll Come Knocking at Your Door and Tales from Greystone Bay will star shipping on Thursday.
    Hunter

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The week before that, on February 20, Audible will release audiobook editions of Stinger, Mystery Walk, and Usher's Passing. On March 28, they will release the audiobook edition of MINE. When that is published, there will be audiobook editions of every Robert McCammon title.
    Oh, fantastic, that's wonderful news. I tend to listen rather than read these days, and so am really looking forward to enjoying these older works through my headphones.

HBJ

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

omit

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my trade copy of "The Listener" from Amazon today. Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting it to be released until next week.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I got my trade copy of "The Listener" from Amazon today. Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting it to be released until next week.
    Wow! That is surprising! I have ordered three different versions from three different retailers and I haven't received any shipping notices yet.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about halfway through The Listener. Good read. It reminds me a little of Mystery Walk. McCammon seems to have hit his groove as he has gotten older. I think King and Simmons have gone the other direction. They peaked early in their careers.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I'm about halfway through The Listener. Good read. It reminds me a little of Mystery Walk. McCammon seems to have hit his grove as he has gotten older. I think King and Simmons have gone the other direction. They peaked early in their careers.
    I don’t dispute your take on King or Simmons, but I do think Mccammon is an example of sustaining skill rather than peaking late. When one considers SWAN SONG, BOY’S LIFE, and WOLF’S HOUR, it’s difficult to relegate those earlier works as lesser than his more contemporary works.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: Lettered Baal (not a PC).
    Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For Sale: Lettered Baal (not a PC).
    Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Pics?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Listener. No spoilers since I know some may not have received it, but a solid read. My only criticism is that the plot feels a tad bit rushed. A little more character development would have been great. The 1930's setting mostly is given short shift. I assume it was set it that era because of the rash of kidnappings but also because there were no cell phones that had to be dealt with in the story. Otherwise the story could have been in any time period. Overall another enjoyable book. Now the wait begins for the next Corbett book.

Country
    Country Flag

Received my signed and personalized copy from Alabama Booksmith today. Those guys are really on the ball. You can't ask much more than to get a personalized copy at retail one day after release. I sort of wish that McCammon had dated the book itself with the release date but I suppose you can't have everything. It did come with a separate signed leaflet with the publication date that was very nice.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The audiobooks for Mystery Walk, Stinger, Usher's Passing and The Listener are all available on Audible and Amazon (and in my Audible library!) I can't wait to listen to them.

(Shipping notification from CD for the trade edition of The Listener, too)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The audiobooks for Mystery Walk, Stinger, Usher's Passing and The Listener are all available on Audible and Amazon (and in my Audible library!) I can't wait to listen to them.

(Shipping notification from CD for the trade edition of The Listener, too)
    And the audiobook edition of MINE will be released at the end of this month. When that happens, all of Robert McCammon's books will finally be available as audiobooks.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Swan Song and the Border are $6 at Brialliance:
    https://www.audiobookstand.com/Searc...hType=0&book=8

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, mikeC!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a SubPress lettered Baal, and a S/L of Wolf's Hour available. PM with with an offer for one or both if interested.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a SubPress lettered Baal, and a S/L of Wolf's Hour available. PM with with an offer for one or both if interested.
    Which letter?

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Listener is a phenomenal read. Am about half way done....absolutely superb and one of McCammon’s best.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just posted a list of books I'm selling in the "Other Collectible Authors Classifieds' but thought I should list the McCammon books here. PM if interested. Thanks.

- S/L Swan Song (SubPress) #13 - $300.00
    - S/L Boys Life (Subpress) #382 - $375.00
    - S/L Last Train From Perdition (SubPress) #67 (Matching Set) $300.00 for the two.
    - S/L I Travel By Night (SubPress) #67 (Matching Set)
    - S/L They Thirst (SubPress) #904 -$80.00
    - S/L They Thirst (SubPress) #716 -$80.00 **SOLD**
    - S/L Queen of Bedlam (SubPress) #29 - $175.00
    - The Border (signed Deluxe Trade Hardcover) - $40.00
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Which letter?
    HH

Country
    Country Flag

Default Robert McCammon: The Southern Novels ebook bundle sale

Open Road Media recently bundled four of Robert McCammon’s ebook titles as The Southern Novels. Included in the bundle are Boy’s Life, Mystery Walk, Usher’s Passing, and Gone South.

As of March 21, 2018, at 4:29 PM CDT, this 4-book bundle is sale-priced at only $3.99! Act fast! The sale ends tonight.

The prices are good for Kindle, NOOK, Google, Apple, and Kobo.

The Southern Novels bundle for Kindle
    The Southern Novels bundle for NOOK
    The Southern Novels bundle for Google
    The Southern Novels bundle for Apple
    The Southern Novels bundle for Kobo

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast