Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Ok, thanks Hunter. Appreciate it. I hate their pay to play newsletter I think it's ridiculous.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to score them.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    ...and now they haev gone...

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I posted earlier, but may have gotten overlooked, Camelot Books and the Overlook Connection still have copies.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Ok, thanks Hunter. Appreciate it. I hate their pay to play newsletter I think it's ridiculous.
    Why so?
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    They sent out their "special" email to previous customers on Monday. Their general announcement was posted on Twitter and Facebook around 1 PM, and I had it added to the McCammon site and mailed out to McCammon-News around 1:15, as well as posted on FB and Twitter. As you said, CD's email didn't go out until later yesterday afternoon, when they were already 75% sold out.
    Just to clarify one point, the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club was emailed on Friday with their exclusive 20% discount. Then on Monday we emailed anyone who had ordered at least one item in the last year to give them a 24 hour head start. We often do that since we feel those who have ordered directly from us deserve first shot at any books we think we might sell quickly (King, Hill, McCammon, Barker, etc).

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    They sent out their "special" email to previous customers on Monday. Their general announcement was posted on Twitter and Facebook around 1 PM, and I had it added to the McCammon site and mailed out to McCammon-News around 1:15, as well as posted on FB and Twitter. As you said, CD's email didn't go out until later yesterday afternoon, when they were already 75% sold out.
    Just to clarify one point, the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club was emailed on Friday with their exclusive 20% discount. Then on Monday we emailed anyone who had ordered at least one item in the last year to give them a 24 hour head start. We often do that since we feel those who have ordered directly from us deserve first shot at any books we think we might sell quickly (King, Hill, McCammon, Barker, etc).

Brian
    I didn't get an email until tuesday at 2:18 and now they are sold out.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club pay for a lot more than a "newsletter." Members receive:

1) Exclusive special offers and discounts sent straight to their inbox for the next 12 months including exclusive discounts on new books, exclusive sales of collectible books we can't offer the general public because we have so few copies, advance notice on new special offers and Limited Editions, and many other deals. (Members often see books that are never offered to the general public)

2) Advance notice of new Cemetery Dance Limited Editions before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price.

3) Advance notice of books from other publishers before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price. (In addition, whenever we only receive 25 or 50 copies of a signed Limited Edition from another publisher, those copies are offered first to the CDCC -- and if all the copies sell, those titles are never offered in the regular newsletter.)

4) Advance notice of special offers such as Grab Bags and other heavily discounted deals.

5) Opportunities to purchase books and other collectibles never offered to the general public. (When we have so few copies of a collectible that it would quickly oversell, we often email JUST the Collectors Club, so those collectors have the opportunity to add something very cool to their collection that we can't offer the general public. Some examples of what we've offered in the past include Stephen King signed Limited Editions, signed and framed Stephen King artwork, books that were Out of Print on publication that we had a few extra copies of in our warehouse, and even some incredible items from private collections that we sold on consignment.)

6) Special MEMBERS ONLY "sneak peek" production updates at unannounced projects

7) Exclusive Bonus Items Produced ONLY For Members... This varies from year to year but items have included exclusive Limited Edition books printed just for members, CD hats, shirts, coffee mugs, and other items of that nature.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I didn't get an email until tuesday at 2:18 and now they are sold out.
    If you should have been in the "ordered within the last year" group on Monday, please shoot me an email and I'll check your account. The delay could be due various factors beyond anyone's control -- ISP spam checks, etc -- but I'm happy to check the things we can control (like proper email address on the account, etc, etc.)

Best,
    Brian

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Brian
    I did not get the Monday email. I have ordered at least 4 things this year.
    I got an email Tuesday at 3:30pm
    In regards to your post further down, all that is great but I just want to know when the new books come out when I can buy them. I can't afford everything and I certainly don't want to buy stuff just so bc I can. I've been a customer of yours for 15 years and I think this kind of exclusivity sucks. I get you want your super collectors and big spenders to feel they're special but I think of it as a big F you to me. I didn't really want to post anything like this bc it's basically all extravagance, if I can't afford it then shut up, right? But I can't deny that I don't feel slighted.

Plus I know how great you guys are as far as communication and customer care, I don't want this to be a "beat up Cemetery Dance" thing at all, plus even just the back and forth thing we had a bout the JH book I know you guys aren't jerks. I'm just frustrated. That's all.

Shoot me an email or a PM with your email address and I *will* check on that for you, not a problem!

In regards to your post further down, all that is great but I just want to know when the new books come out when I can buy them. I can't afford everything and I certainly don't want to buy stuff just so bc I can. I've been a customer of yours for 15 years and I think this kind of exclusivity sucks. I get you want your super collectors and big spenders to feel they're special but I think of it as a big F you to me. I didn't really want to post anything like this bc it's basically all extravagance, if I can't afford it then shut up, right? But I can't deny that I don't feel slighted.

Plus I know how great you guys are as far as communication and customer care, I don't want this to be a "beat up Cemetery Dance" thing at all, plus even just the back and forth thing we had a bout the JH book I know you guys aren't jerks. I'm just frustrated. That's all.
    I don't think anyone is going to take your post personally, so don't worry about posting it. Feedback is ALWAYS welcomed, either here or in an email or PM, etc. We can't know what people are thinking unless they tell us, right?

I totally understand where you're coming from. That's why we do try to make sure our "recent customer" group in the order management system gets emailed at least a little bit ahead of the general newsletter. They don't get the discount or the "extra" advance notice of the CDCC, but we do want them to be told before everyone else when it comes to books like this whenever possible.

Some books sell very quickly, and we don't want ANY author's fans/readers/collectors to feel slighted, but we do remember that we wouldn't be here doing this job if it wasn't for those who have purchased other books from us, not just the "popular" ones.

It's a balancing act and I'm the first to admit we're still working on it and making mistakes and trying to get things right. We don't want any collector to feel bad, slighted, or disappointed. We've missed that mark in the past (badly, sometimes), but we're always improving (I hope!).

Obviously, if you didn't get the email on Monday, the system failed in some way or something happened, and I do want to try to get that fixed for you! Drop me a line when you have a chance, always happy to help, and we'll make sure you hear all about THE LISTENER (new novel!) before the general newsletter.

Best,
    Brian

Shoot me an email or a PM with your email address and I *will* check on that for you, not a problem!

I don't think anyone is going to take your post personally, so don't worry about posting it. Feedback is ALWAYS welcomed, either here or in an email or PM, etc. We can't know what people are thinking unless they tell us, right?

I totally understand where you're coming from. That's why we do try to make sure our "recent customer" group in the order management system gets emailed at least a little bit ahead of the general newsletter. They don't get the discount or the "extra" advance notice of the CDCC, but we do want them to be told before everyone else when it comes to books like this whenever possible.

Some books sell very quickly, and we don't want ANY author's fans/readers/collectors to feel slighted, but we do remember that we wouldn't be here doing this job if it wasn't for those who have purchased other books from us, not just the "popular" ones.

It's a balancing act and I'm the first to admit we're still working on it and making mistakes and trying to get things right. We don't want any collector to feel bad, slighted, or disappointed. We've missed that mark in the past (badly, sometimes), but we're always improving (I hope!).

Obviously, if you didn't get the email on Monday, the system failed in some way or something happened, and I do want to try to get that fixed for you! Drop me a line when you have a chance, always happy to help, and we'll make sure you hear all about THE LISTENER (new novel!) before the general newsletter.

Best,
    Brian
    Thanks Brain, thanks for listening.

To the snarky soul who left me neg rep, I stated in my post that I shouldn't complain about it, but it's still frustrating and as a customer I have a right to have my opinions. So smell my fart.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the page count on the two new books?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    What is the page count on the two new books?
    Just added this info to the site... TALES is 110 and KNOCKING is 165. I started the pages back in the spring before the books were designed and forgot to finish the "other info" section!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Double the size of The Dark Man! Should be pretty impressive.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

I finally had a chance to post a few samples of Erin S Well's interior artwork on the Robert McCammon product pages:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/tales-f...stone-bay.html
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/hell-co...your-door.html

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally had a chance to post a few samples of Erin S Well's interior artwork on the Robert McCammon product pages:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/tales-f...stone-bay.html
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/hell-co...your-door.html

Brian
    Those look great!! I am glad I got in soon enough on the ordering.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dig it.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WANTED:

Wolf's Hour, Hunter in The Woods, The Night Boat, The Five, Bethany's Sin - all Lettereds ( No PC )
    Also two more from Matthew Corbett Mister Slaughter and Providence Rider
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is insane. Looks like in the listing the seller used trade editions pricing as a reference. Its easily a 1500$ set
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

McCammon books don't appreciate much but that is low price none the less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast