Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My only argument there is best selling or popularity doesn't equal a good story ...or whatever.

Anyhow, congratulations on the remarque. I like Mr. Chong's art a lot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My only two McCammon proofs:

(I don't know if a proof was done for Mr. Slaughter or not)

John

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    (I don't know if a proof was done for Mr. Slaughter or not)
    There was:

Those Speaks the Nightbird proofs were all over the place in terms of quality (your cover wasn't the only misaligned cover I've seen). Here's mine:

Hunter

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Those Speaks the Nightbird proofs were all over the place in terms of quality (your cover wasn't the only misaligned cover I've seen).
    And (Hunter and I have discussed this before) they are in at least two distinct sizes. Here are two copies from my collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a good thing that I'm not going to start collecting McCammon proofs. As is the case with King, just too many complications!

I actually thought I had a proof copy of Mr. Slaughter, but when I pulled it out, it turned out to be the trade edition. I think I'll start looking for a proof copy, just to complete the set. I'm not really interested in the different varieties of the Speaks the Nightbird proof. From the picture, I think I have the thinner version.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good thing that I'm not going to start collecting McCammon proofs.
    I think you already have.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are the only two I have of his. Isn't he the one who co-authored a book with Tabitha King? I have the proof of that one also.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are the only two I have of his. Isn't he the one who co-authored a book with Tabitha King? I have the proof of that one also.
    No, you're thinking of Michael McDowell. Tabitha King completed an unfinished McDowell novel after McDowell's death.

Hunter

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I typed that without checking.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean has a few copies of the S/L of Mister Slaughter. I already have the trade but I couldn't resist this.

edit: sold out, lettered still available. for $500 they might be for a while

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press: Early Word on Robert McCammon's THE FIVE from STEPHEN KING and PUBLISHERS WEEKLY

You can click on the link above to read it all, but I thought this was worth posting here:

The first, an unsolicited note from Stephen King:
    The Five isn’t just Robert McCammon’s best novel in years; it’s his best novel ever. Terrifying, suspenseful, unputdownable, and full of rock and roll energy. It’s also uplifting, a book you’ll finish feeling better about your world, your friends, and your music. Here’s one you’ll beg friends to read.”
    I don't know if there's another subforum here where this would be appropriate; feel free to copy it....

Hunter

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the quote this morning to and it makes me even more stoked to get the book. I can't wait for this to ship!

Country
    Country Flag

Two of Vincent Chong's illustrations for The Five have been added to the Subterranean Press order page for The Five.

Hunter

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Two of Vincent Chong's illustrations for The Five have been added to the Subterranean Press order page for The Five.

Hunter
    Thanks for the heads up. The one with the crows is very creepy...in a good way!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed there is also an excerpt of the book on the same page, I didn't know that. Nice!

Country
    Country Flag

A new update from McCammon about The Five, and he teases about the next two Matthew Corbett books and his next non-Matthew book: Journey of a Thousand Pages on RobertMcCammon.com

Hunter

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update goathunter. It is positively exciting for me that RM is back in full swing and based on the update sounds like he is having a lot of fun too.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that today as well. I haven't checked but I think there are 1st's still available for purchase.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Subterranean has held back extra 1st printings so it is still possible to get 1st printings from them.

Hunter

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to get my signed copy. It's a bit unfortunate that these will ship later than the first batch that's already 'out there' but a couple more months of patience won't hurt.

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press has posted the artwork for the first cover of their upcoming limited edition of Robert McCammon's Baal:

Hunter

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press has posted the artwork for the first cover of their upcoming limited edition of Robert McCammon's Baal:

Hunter
    I love the colors in this piece! Do you happen to know who the artist is?

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I meant to include that. The artist is Tomislav Tikulin, who has most recently done the CD cover for King's Full Dark, No Stars.

Hunter

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I meant to include that. The artist is Tomislav Tikulin, who has most recently done the CD cover for King's Full Dark, No Stars.

Hunter
    Thank you sir. He does some really fantastic work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast