Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Les Edwards has prints (and two originals) of his artwork from The Night Boat available.

RobertMcCammon.com: Prints for Les Edwards's paintings available

Les also did the artwork for They Thirst, which will be published in a signed limited edition next year. The ebook, with his cover art, is available now.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The trade edition of I Travel by Night started shipping today from Subterranean Press. The limited editions are still about six weeks away (waiting on slipcases).

Hunter

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received this today. thanks to goathunter and Sub Press:

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The trade edition of I Travel by Night started shipping today from Subterranean Press. The limited editions are still about six weeks away (waiting on slipcases).

Hunter
    That's good news and band news... but I'll take it! I have the signed edition on order through CD so I'm guessing it's going to be a conservative 8-9 weeks until it finds its way to Canada.

RF, nice score. I'm working my way through McCammon more or less chronologically. The Night Boat is next.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, RF!

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press announced this morning that they've purchased The River of Souls, the next Matthew Corbett book. It'll probably be early 2014 before it's published, though.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Friday, I received the lettered edition of I Travel by Night. Slipcased versions will be shipping in the next few weeks.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Cool! Nice case. How many illustrations are there?

Country
    Country Flag

Just the cover and one full-page color illustration that was shown in this post.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Ah, bummer. Good stuff though. Looking forward to the s/l.
    Thanks for the Corbett info, the wife loves those.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it - Thanks for posting this.
    Last week SubPress notified me of a package having been shipped.
    Now I know what to expect!

sk

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Any value in McCammon ARCs? I don't collect ARCs -- regardless of author -- and don't even like them in my collection, but couldn't help but wonder about the value of an ARC of PROVIDENCE RIDER that I saw at a local used bookstore. I didn't buy it (for the reasons stated earlier), but am wondering if I missed out on a potentially lucrative flip opportunity.

Country
    Country Flag

And the slipcased limited:

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Any value in McCammon ARCs? I don't collect ARCs -- regardless of author -- and don't even like them in my collection, but couldn't help but wonder about the value of an ARC of PROVIDENCE RIDER that I saw at a local used bookstore. I didn't buy it (for the reasons stated earlier), but am wondering if I missed out on a potentially lucrative flip opportunity.
    As with all things, the value depends on if you can find somebody to pay you what you want. ;-) That said, that particular ARC isn't particularly valuable (yet). Watching ARCs on eBay, sometimes they sell quickly for a lot, sometimes they don't sell at what I would consider a bargain price. In general, McCammon ARCs sell for less now than they did in the late '80s/early '90s when he enjoyed much greater name recognition.

Hunter

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I received my I Travel By Night numbered. I'm not too happy with the fact that the only difference with the lettered edition is the traycase - plus of course the letter.
    There should be at least a different dj, and binding.

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Frik, I addressed this in my collection thread. SubPress are really into cutting corners to maximize profit. Glued binding on a $75 book? GTFO! That's why I stopped bothering with their signed editions, the signature in itself is worthless to me if there isn't some sort of "upgrade" to the trade edition. At least with I Travel by Night you get a brand new story and two Whelan pieces. With their recent Simmons REPRINTS there are no extras but the new (photoshopped) covers. No slipcase, no illustrations, no introduction. You get a fancy trade for $175 or a novella reprint for $75.

That said, I can't wait to read a new stand-alone story by McCammon.

Country
    Country Flag

The description on the Subterranean site indicated that only the lettered edition would be leatherbound, but the limited edition is also leatherbound; the trade edition is clothbound. The traycase is a really nice leather traycase, but otherwise, the books do appear to be the same between the lettered and the limited. Whether or not the editions are worth the cost to you is up to you, but the limited and trade editions are bound in different materials.

I'm neither criticizing nor defending, just making additional observations.

Hunter

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a lot of bonus items.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I'm looking for a copy of the s/l of I Travel By Night

Country
    Country Flag

I recently found something I didn't even know existed until I saw someone selling it. A promotional poster that Avon put out when they published They Thirst in 1981.

The front:

The back (sorry for the glare; with the folds, it was impossible to get a glare-free photo):

If you have trouble reading it, see the post about it on the McCammon site.

Look at all that publicity! Now, authors are lucky if a publishers lists a book on sales sheet when it's released....

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Forgive the iPhone photo, but I just received one of my remaining McCammon Holy Grails: the 1985 Italian book club edition of Baal. It's generally accepted that the the Firecrest/Chivers Press UK edition is the first hardcover, but they were both published in 1985, and I don't know which actually appeared first. Anyway, this is only the second copy of this book that I've ever found for sale (and even with the exorbitant shipping from Europe, this one was cheaper than the other and in much better condition; it's like-new, and the bag that it's in is apparently its original bag, as it was sealed).

And yes, that cover has absolutely nothing to do with the story!

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Hunter! Nice pick-up...dude's face reminds me of Frazetta's Conan, just a tad.

BTW How's the weather in Bowling Green? I'm a WKU grad and I still miss BG from time to time...

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone interested in an arc proof of Mccammons "Mine" that is a mint/unread and signed copy?
    make offer if interested. I can send pics as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    BTW How's the weather in Bowling Green? I'm a WKU grad and I still miss BG from time to time...
    Nice to hear from another WKU grad! We had some rain last night, but today is turning out to be a beautiful, sunny day!

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast