Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Hybrid View

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Robert McCammon

There are enough McCammon collectors here that I figured a separate thread was warranted.

Robert McCammon's The Hunter from the Woods is now available for pre-ordering from Subterranean Press

The Hunter from the Woods is a brand-new collection of short stories and novellas featuring Michael Gallatin, the lycanthropic hero of The Wolf's Hour.

Hunter

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have three pre-orders with subpress and was wondering what the quality of their books were like. I would also like to know if anyone has ever had any major issues with this publisher before I order anymore books.

Regardless of the comments (about subpress) I personally think that it is wonderful that they are republishing McCammons books. He is one of the most overlooked contemporary authors out there today (imo).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben, I haven't ordered a whole lot from them (I have been specializing in Stephen King almost exclusively) but what I HAVE gotten from them are top-rate. Absolutely no complaints.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Subterranean Press does nice quality books. I think you will be pleased. I've got a bunch of pre-orders with them too. I've not had any major issues and have been a customer for several years. A couple of mistakes have been made over the years but they went out of their way to correct them. You won't have any problems with your orders.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never ever had any problems with them.

my mcCammon's collection is definitely growing...
    I've got orders for letter editions for Mr Slaughter, Baal, The Five,
    plus a Baal deluxed signed, and a couple of signed first editions of Baal (from CD)

already have:
    limited slipcased #'d swan song
    limited #'d Wolf's Hour

signed 1st editions of:
    Queen of Bedlam
    Mister Slaughter
    Speaks the Nightbird

and 1st eds (unsigned) of:
    Ushers Passing
    Mine

My girlfriend likes McCammon alot too, so I've been buying signed firsts for her too when offered by the publishers... I think she has 3 so far.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I've never ever had any problems with them.

my mcCammon's collection is definitely growing...
    I've got orders for letter editions for Mr Slaughter, Baal, The Five,
    plus a Baal deluxed signed, and a couple of signed first editions of Baal (from CD)

already have:
    limited slipcased #'d swan song
    limited #'d Wolf's Hour

signed 1st editions of:
    Queen of Bedlam
    Mister Slaughter
    Speaks the Nightbird

and 1st eds (unsigned) of:
    Ushers Passing
    Mine

My girlfriend likes McCammon alot too, so I've been buying signed firsts for her too when offered by the publishers... I think she has 3 so far.
    You interested in a lettered Swan Song?

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I'm intrigued, Eric. Why do you wish to trade down from a lettered Swan Song to a limited Swan Song.......?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I'm intrigued, Eric. Why do you wish to trade down from a lettered Swan Song to a limited Swan Song.......?
    Comes down to money really. I want to finish my Masters degree without anymore student loans.

I've rationalized it that the lettered is an unnecessary luxury, while the limited will satisfy my collector's compulsion!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone have the Wolf's Hour re-release, I'd like to see some pics.
    I thought it would have been easy to find it in the secondary market after release but I haven't seen it.
    thanks.
    I'm glad he's writing again.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mike, check the 'Other Authors You Collect' thread. If you go to the last page of the thread and work your way back I'm pretty sure you'll find a couple of pics of the lettered edition not too far back. I have the new trade edition but haven't taken a pic yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple more details about The Hunter from the Woods: Vincent Chong will be contributing an original cover, plus a full-color illustration for each of the stories in the book.

And there will be a trade edition released at a later date.

Hunter

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    And there will be a trade edition released at a later date.

Hunter
    Great news!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This forum is primarily dedicated to collecting related to Stephen King. To my knowledge the only author thread we have is the Joe Hill thread. I'm not certain we are ready to have dedicated threads to any and every author in the Collecting market.
    We have the "Other Authors You Collect" thread. I am open to listening to members opinions, but this thread will likely be merged today.
    I debated about that when I opened it, but there was so much recent discussion both in "Other Authors You Collect" and in "Your New Pride & Joy" that I thought things might be getting lost. Whatever you decide is, of course, fine with me....

And Bob, I'm from Kentucky, which most people would probably consider the woods....

Hunter

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And Bob, I'm from Kentucky, which most people would probably consider the woods....

Hunter
    Hmmmmm. SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD was dedicated to you. So does the title of the new book refer to you?

Country
    Country Flag

I've not had Paducah Pink, which I'm guessing is a BBQ?

And no, the title of the new book is not a reference to me (though it is fun for me to type it).

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

My latest acquisition is a signed copy of the trade hardcover edition of Mister Slaughter with a full-page original remarque by Vincent Chong:

Hunter
    Last edited by goathunter; 02-24-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Corrected typo

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest acquisition is a signed copy of the trade hardcover edition of Mister Slaughter with a full-page original reqmarque by Vincent Chong:

Hunter
    That's an outstanding remarque. Congratulations on the great find!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Vinny is a tallented artist, congratulations

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press has posted the cover for Robert McCammon's The Five:

Hunter

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press has posted the cover for Robert McCammon's The Five:

Hunter
    I don't know why but I never like when the cover says "New York Times Bestselling...". Besides that portion of the cover I think it's fantastic! I can't wait to get my copy from subpress.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I quite like that!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I was pleased to get the Chong remarque. I didn't notice I'd mistyped "remarque" until I saw the quote....

BTW, the cover for The Five is also by Vincent Chong.

Unfortunately, the populace-at-large needs to be told which authors are "bestselling authors," apparently....

Hunter

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My only argument there is best selling or popularity doesn't equal a good story ...or whatever.

Anyhow, congratulations on the remarque. I like Mr. Chong's art a lot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My only two McCammon proofs:

(I don't know if a proof was done for Mr. Slaughter or not)

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    (I don't know if a proof was done for Mr. Slaughter or not)
    There was:

Those Speaks the Nightbird proofs were all over the place in terms of quality (your cover wasn't the only misaligned cover I've seen). Here's mine:

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast