Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I hadn't seen the cover for that one yet.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Arrived yesterday: the signed, numbered, limited edition of The Border.

Hunter
    How many illustrations ended up being included?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are six interior illustrations, one of which is the cover of the trade hardcover edition.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default RE Wolfs Hour

3 illustrations for WH? That's kind of a waste. Especially for such a long book. Why even have any? Just do illustrated endpapers and be done with it.
    Thanks for the info, I always think SP doesn't add all the illustrations to the purchase page but it seems they did this time.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    3 illustrations for WH? That's kind of a waste. Especially for such a long book. Why even have any? Just do illustrated endpapers and be done with it.
    Thanks for the info, I always think SP doesn't add all the illustrations to the purchase page but it seems they did this time.
    There are only two illustrations (plus the cover) on the purchase page, and one of them---the train---is a fold-out, two-page spread. There is a third illustration that they didn't post.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone got their copy of the limited of The Border from CD? I got a shipment confirmation from them the got another email saying that "We accidentally emailed shipping notices to collectors who ordered THE BORDER Limited Edition. We do not have this edition yet, but we’ve been told to expect it in a few months when the slipcases are completed. You can ignore the shipping notice you received." That was on 6/22.
    Then I got the email from SP stating that they'd finished shipping them and were offering the extras for sale. Left me a bit confused that we'd need to wait "a few months" for something that was already shipped out.

Country
    Country Flag

On June 22, Subterranean did not have an expected delivery time for the limiteds, hence the "a few months." That turned out to be a much shorter time. I assume that Subterranean has now shipped the books to Cemetery Dance, so CD will have them before long. However, Dan Hocker posted this in response to a similar question on Horror Drive-In:

Most of the signed trade's for The Border have shipped. There was a bit of a shipping mixup which has since been fixed and the rest will hopefully be shipping soon. The Deluxe Limited edition of The Border has not arrived from Sub Press yet. We are pretty bogged down in the warehouse at the moment shipping December Park, Dark Advent and two more books that just arrived, plus all the orders from our 4th of July sale, so things are gonna be a little slow for a bit.
    Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Hunter. I hadn't seen Dan's post. I have received shipping notices for both December Park and Dark Advent so I see they are making progress. I'll just be patient.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy a few days ago~
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    So I should be impatient now?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Manda - Maybe just a little. If your copy hasn't come by the end of next week, then you have permission to become enormously impatient.
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Country
    Country Flag

Manda - Maybe just a little. If your copy hasn't come by the end of next week, then you have permission to become enormously impatient.

Country
    Country Flag

But you ordered yours from Subterranean, correct? MandaBunny ordered hers from CD, and they haven't received the limiteds yet.

Hunter

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My copy won't be here till mid-August....

Upon my own request....

sk

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Blue World is shipping soon!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine has shipped - finally!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered edition of The Border has shipped.

Hunter

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nice!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone heard about getting their S/L copy from CD yet? Seems odd that SP shipped these so long ago and CD hasn't gotten theirs yet....unless my order got lost in the shuffle.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered copies have made it North of The Border...Canada I mean. Beautiful book, but I now realize I will need a larger bookcase to accomodate the growing McCammon collection especially with Stinger and Blue World still on the way and who knows what for 2016...maybe Swan Song?

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW - I am still missing the letter "o" of Baal. If someone has and wants to sell please reach out!

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    Anyone heard about getting their S/L copy from CD yet? Seems odd that SP shipped these so long ago and CD hasn't gotten theirs yet....unless my order got lost in the shuffle.
    Haven't received my S/L yet - just reached out to CD for an ETA. Looking forward to this one!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Haven't received my S/L yet - just reached out to CD for an ETA. Looking forward to this one!
    Would you post to the thread again when you get a response and tell us what they said? I'm in the same boat with CD... Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't understand the rationale behind the email stating that it was shipped (including a tracking number) and the later email three days later which retracted the shipping notice and stated "but we’ve been told to expect it in a few months when the slipcases are completed." Weren't the slipcases completed when SP shipped theirs? Something just seems really weird with the whole situation.

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Would you post to the thread again when you get a response and tell us what they said? I'm in the same boat with CD... Thanks!
    Will post back for sure with an update.

I'm curious if a delay here is in any way related to the shipping issue in June a couple of people have mentioned. I was affected by the issue, where the trade edition was accidentally shipped to those who'd ordered the limited, but CD caught it quickly it seems, stopped shipment and contacted those whose packages had already shipped, providing return labels to send back. Was beginning to wonder if their system showed my order as delivered, somehow related to this initial issue but if others are still waiting that's probably not the case.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast