Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is that your listing? Mystery Walk was the first hardcover in 1983. Usher's Passing was the second in 1984.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Yeah. Oops. Thanks. Thought I saw that on Wikipedia.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: Bethany's Sin SubPress Lettered Edition. One of 26. This is letter V. ***$500***

Brand new unread in mint condition. Price includes shipping within US. International at cost. Contact me here or by email at ericjohns5000@gmail.com. Thanks!
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow have things been quiet with McCammon. I was hoping there would be a couple of new books announced by this point but we are still waiting for CD's reprint of Usher's Passing. CD is the kiss of death.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

McCammon is still working on the next Matthew Corbett book. It's a complicated book that's taking a lot longer to finish than he expected.

The last I heard about Usher's Passing, they were expecting to get the slipcases in May....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I still need to get a copy of UP when it is released. The Corbett series is my all time favorite series.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the lettered edition of Usher's Passing pre-ordered. From what Brian said a few months ago, that's looking like a summertime publication.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I have the lettered edition of Usher's Passing pre-ordered. From what Brian said a few months ago, that's looking like a summertime publication.
    Yeah, but what year?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Yeah, but what year?
    BA-BOOM. That's a good punchline. Unfortunately, it has the ring of truth. Even medieval monks were faster at publishing books than CD. When I want to stress myself out, I take a look at the production updates on their website.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The last I heard about Usher's Passing, they were expecting to get the slipcases in May....
    Brian posted on the CD Forum:

The slipcases for Usher's Passing were due in May but have actually been finished early and will ship to us next week. (A miracle!)

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The slipcases for Usher's Passing were due in May but have actually been finished early and will ship to us next week. (A miracle!)
    That's great news! If all goes well it's looking like they'll start shipping them out sometime in May.

Country
    Country Flag

Stressful to read that forum. One poster has been waiting for a certain book for seven years and counting. Ordered back in the Obama administration. Taking longer to publish than fight WWII - twice. Hope springs eternal though.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

Stressful to read that forum. One poster has been waiting for a certain book for seven years and counting. Ordered back in the Obama administration. Taking longer to publish than fight WWII - twice. Hope springs eternal though.
    I'm past seven years on two...

11/11/2013 Turn Down the Lights artist edition

12/08/2013 Book Club 2014 - Waiting by Rick Hautala

The lights have long gone out and I'm still waiting. Patiently

They get those two done and then I'm at 2015 with five more books.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I think I am between 15 and 20 years now for what was Cemetery Dance - The 15 Year Celebration and is now The Best of CD 2. I lost my original email when I ordered it but it’s somewhere in that range. Crazy when you stop and think about it......
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I think I am between 15 and 20 years now for what was Cemetery Dance - The 15 Year Celebration and is now The Best of CD 2. I lost my original email when I ordered it but it’s somewhere in that range. Crazy when you stop and think about it......
    That is unreal.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Big news from Hunter this morning in the McCammon newsletter!

Robert McCammon has finished writing The King of Shadows! He literally just finished it on Tuesday, so it's way too soon to know anything about any kind of publication information. But the book is finished, and it's a big one! The number of manuscript pages is almost identical to what Freedom of the Mask had!

Expect more news in the coming months....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That’s pretty exciting! The next Matthew Corbett adventure will be with us before too long, hopefully.

I assume “finished” means a first draft, with reviews and revisions to follow. Hopefully he already has a contract with CD for publication.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beyond excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That’s pretty exciting! The next Matthew Corbett adventure will be with us before too long, hopefully.

I assume “finished” means a first draft, with reviews and revisions to follow. Hopefully he already has a contract with CD for publication.
    Hopefully they are already working on artwork and getting signatures. Don’t want to wait 5 years for this.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still reading Mister Slaughter and so far loving the saga. Without a doubt, McCammon is the author I regret not discovering early in my life but what a great thing it was to finally read one of his books. The fact I still have works from him to read is also very pleasant.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm still reading Mister Slaughter and so far loving the saga. Without a doubt, McCammon is the author I regret not discovering early in my life but what a great thing it was to finally read one of his books. The fact I still have works from him to read is also very pleasant.
    I'm the same way. I had Boy's Life and Swan Song on my TBR list for years and years but didn't actually read anything by him until 2017 (Boy's Life). I've read Baal and The Listener since then and I'm reading Swan Song now. I'm so glad I have so many good books still waiting for me!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Back in 2001 I had a small book hunting entreprenur here in Argentina and I had two customers that were searching for books by Robert McCammon. One was The Night Boat and the other one was searching for Mine and Swan Song. The covers intrigued me but I didn't pay much attention. Then time passed and back in 2015 I read someone's review about The Night Boat that got my attention so I searched for a copy and bought it. I read it and LOVED IT. It got me thinking about finding more of his books. I got and read Boy's Life and man, that one was PERFECT. I started searching for all the books and even S/L (I quit collecting S/L from other authors than King but McCammon earned a place in my collection). There's NOT a single book by him of the ones I've read that I didn't like. So far I've read the two previously mentioned plus I travel by night, Last Train From Perdition, The Wolf's Hour, Swan Song (I think it's a lot better than The Stand, BTW), The Listener and the first two of the Matthew Corbett saga. I wish I'd have given him a chance back in 2001 but how nice it was to "discover" him at last. Better late than never.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Back in 2001 I had a small book hunting entreprenur here in Argentina and I had two customers that were searching for books by Robert McCammon. One was The Night Boat and the other one was searching for Mine and Swan Song. The covers intrigued me but I didn't pay much attention. Then time passed and back in 2015 I read someone's review about The Night Boat that got my attention so I searched for a copy and bought it. I read it and LOVED IT. It got me thinking about finding more of his books. I got and read Boy's Life and man, that one was PERFECT. I started searching for all the books and even S/L (I quit collecting S/L from other authors than King but McCammon earned a place in my collection). There's NOT a single book by him of the ones I've read that I didn't like. So far I've read the two previously mentioned plus I travel by night, Last Train From Perdition, The Wolf's Hour, Swan Song (I think it's a lot better than The Stand, BTW), The Listener and the first two of the Matthew Corbett saga. I wish I'd have given him a chance back in 2001 but how nice it was to "discover" him at last. Better late than never.
    awesome bro. It is so great when you discover a rewarding author later in life.

I'm on a similar trajectory with McCammon. Although I have started buying a few of his S/N LE's I have only read Speaks the Nightbird (which i checked out from the public Library to read)

I began reading McCammon and Dan Simmons specifically because of the traffic on the threads on this board and I look forward to enjoying many of his other works.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have insight on the going rate of a complete limited, but unmatched, set of the corbett books (STNB to Cardinal Black)? I have been refocusing my collecting to mostly trades and am looking to swap it for trade set of the corbett books.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

CD update for Usher's Passing: The slipcases have arrived, and these will begin shipping by the first week of May.

Finally!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast