Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

This thread is for your personal victories. After two weeks of cleaning and remodelling in the face of possibly losing the house, we got everything done. And damn, was that not an easy job. My mom is a packrat so there was stuff everywhere. Had to clear everything out, install new counter tops, new lights, bathrooms got done (although by a real contractor), everything got painted, furniture moved, basement cleared out. No word yet on whether the appraisal went well or not. Hopefully we don't still have to sell the house after all this work.

For an indication on how long we were working...I started working at 10:30 am yesterday and finished at about 6:30 am this morning. So yea, long ass days. Now I can reap the rewards, smoke some pot, get some food delivered, play video games and simply relax and after two weeks of no time to myself and relationship problems...I need this. I can proudly say, for now MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I'll charge my camera later and take some pictures of the house.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

What a cool idea for a thread! Now I just have to accomplish something
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, I thought the same. It sure encourages bears. A bear thinks, "I need to be entitled to post here."

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The road that I usually take coming home from school was blocked today (I think because of an accident) and that's the only way I know how to get home. I pulled out the GPS and let her take me an alternate route. Long story short, she took me THROUGH THE CITY. I was terrified. If anyone's seen the mini-series, The Corner, it was like that. Long story short, I made it out alive...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The road that I usually take coming home from school was blocked today (I think because of an accident) and that's the only way I know how to get home. I pulled out the GPS and let her take me an alternate route. Long story short, she took me THROUGH THE CITY. I was terrified. If anyone's seen the mini-series, The Corner, it was like that. Long story short, I made it out alive...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    Although I love finding new routes and don't mind getting lost in the country, big city driving freaks me out.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! Once I went the wrong way down a one-way road in Atlanta and ever since then I've been terrified of city driving. *shudder*

Congrats on getting the house fixed up Mattrick! And I'm glad you didn't die, Ricky.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And at the other end of the spectrum, I prefer driving within the confines of the city and abhor driving through long stretches of emptiness

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Oh my word. I get heart palpitations and sick to my stomach just *thinking* about driving where you do, Ferny.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

True that! You don't mean that there's no single part of L.A. that you wouldn't care if you drove into, do ya?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    When forced to detour around roadblocks, construction, traffic etc... my GPS has helped me more than once. But I've learned to not always rely on it 100%. Especially when I know where I'm actually going and it wants me to take some other odd route.

Once while vacationing out of state we were simply searching for a place to get a few things. We searched for a local Wal-Mart and it took us into the middle of a residential neighborhood. The address it had was literally someone's house.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably is a Wal-Mart there by now.

I mean, the GPS might not have actually known that there would be, but they build so many damn Wal-Marts that it's still probable.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    True that! You don't mean that there's no single part of L.A. that you wouldn't care if you drove into, do ya?
    I live in Compton, there aren't many places that could be considered worse to drive through

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of my favorite CD's, actually.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I live in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. I would rather drive through Fort Worth than through Dallas just because people in Dallas are crazier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Any time I must drive in Dallas I make sure I am not alone and that I have 3 different ways of getting to the location I need to go. (Has no GPS)

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

So is this the driving thread now? I got pretty crazy with my car back when; city, country, lots of weird stories. Worked on it myself a lot. Actually, I went through a few cars, having mad adventures.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a lot more accustomed to driving in the city as well. New Haven is pretty old, with tight one-way streets and moronic Yale students absentmindedly crossing the street and looking personally offended when they almost walk into your already moving car. I don't know if I've ever really driven through the "country" so to speak. I will say however that I love driving, and sometimes I go for drives with the sole purpose of listening to music. Some music just sounds better in the car.

Country
    Country Flag

So is this the driving thread now?
    No, it isn't.

It's just that people do not have any accomplishments to boast.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    So is this the driving thread now?
    No, it isn't.

It's just that people do not have any accomplishments to boast.
    Don't rub it in.

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

Finished a 2 day medical board exam. Let's hope I passed otherwise I just wasted 700 bucks lol.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I interviewed today at a really great restaurant downtown, and I got the job! I don't have as much as experience as they were originally looking for, but they liked me and told me they wanted me to start on Wednesday! I think it'll be one of those things where either it works out just fine or they let me go within the first week But anyway- MISSION MOTHERFUCKING ACCOMPLISHED SUCKA.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great job Emily! I'm glad that you did well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

I know this isn't big, but I finally found someone to go to a concert with tomorrow! It probably took way more effort than it should have.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I just hope you have a good time. Congratulations on finding that cohort. Sounds like a Mission Accomplished to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast