Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show.... 2/10 for me. What a wasted opportunity.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On episode 5. So far I've given it four 3/5s and one 2/5. It's not bad, but I feel like everyone is a background character except for Harold and slivers of Larry and Stu and Nadine.

Watching it by myself, marking down scenes to fast forward for Rose when she and Amber watch it.

So far I have:

e01: 9:51-9:56 (jerking off)
    e02: 32:41-33:43 (sex scene)
    e04: 23:30-25:20 (almost rape scene and repeated head bashing scene)
    e05: 7:12-7:30 (Vegas orgy), 12:28-18:30 (almost threesome and more Vegas orgy), and 24:09-24:27 (unzipping pants, moaning)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

‘The Stand’ Is A Cornucopia Of Stephen King Easter Eggs (If You Know Where To Look)
    > https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwei...h=fb017dc6a665
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Even though it wasn't the best, I was still able to enjoy it. I'd watch it again on bluray, they better put it on bluray.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Even though it wasn't the best, I was still able to enjoy it. I'd watch it again on bluray, they better put it on bluray.
    I sure hope so. Streaming is nice but Blu-Ray is rock solid, and the sound isn't compressed.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I think they will, they’ve been giving Blu-ray releases to the other CBS Access shows.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished episode 4 tonight. I find it enjoyable and like the change ups from the book. Keeps me more interested since I know the book story so well. I will be getting the blue ray for sure.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad I didn't pay for this. It was terrible.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did a free month of Paramount + so that I could watch this. Overall I was just kinda blah about it. I think the biggest miss was that I had zero connection to any of the characters. I feel like they flash forwarded thru the whole first half of the book and just jumped to Boulder and Vegas. But that long journey is where we form an emotional attachment to the characters and see who they are. It's a shame because for the most part I enjoyed the casting and the production was good, but the link connecting it all together and to the viewers just wasn't there.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The zero connection describes it best for me also. I rewatched the miniseries a few days ago and it doesn't hold up well these days either. The acting is subpar but it is a more faithful adaption IMO. I guess the lightening in the bottle that was Shawshank and The Green Mile will never be captured again.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch if they release it on Blu-Ray or DVD, but I'm not jumping-up-and-down excited about it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Paramount + is offering a month for free until the end of March I believe.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BluRay or nothing for me.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BluRay or nothing for me.
    4K sound is superior to standard Blu-ray in both DTS & Atmos.. So it's 4K or UHD for me.
    (but that's probably what you meant anyway.. I'm always behind on these threads)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

4K is the film's resolution and has nothing to do with sound, other that the fact that 4k films typically have Dolby Atmos/DTS, whereas many BluRays do not have the latest and greatest sound technology.
    Either way, Bluray, or 4k Bluray have superior picture and uncompressed sound as compared to streaming.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    4K is the film's resolution and has nothing to do with sound, other that the fact that 4k films typically have Dolby Atmos/DTS, whereas many BluRays do not have the latest and greatest sound technology.
    Either way, Bluray, or 4k Bluray have superior picture and uncompressed sound as compared to streaming.
    See.. I knew I was wrong.
    One thing is sure, I'm always wrong on the DT.org thread.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but you get positive rep for being succinct.

Traveler JackMortal will become famous soon enough JackMortal will become famous soon enough

I finished the novel earlier this year but I decided not to check out the CBS Adaptation. Would've been a lil more interested if HBO had behind it.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

I'm waiting for the fan edit that will
    Edit the entire thing in chronological.
    I gave up after 1 episode. The time jump
    Had so many spoilers, it
    Just ruined the whole thing for me.

Traveler JackMortal will become famous soon enough JackMortal will become famous soon enough

Trying to compress a 1300 page story into a 10 hour series seemed to be a messy task from the jump. The Stand deserves to be adapted into a series with 3 seasons in order to tell the story in it's entirety. I'm not shocked by the mixed reviews

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

10 hours would still be preferable to the 6 the original miniseries gave it (that miniseries takes lots of grief, but its main problems were special effects (which must be forgiven in a network TV miniseries) and short running time).

I'd like to see a 20-hour proper (meaning not shuffled as CBS just did) adaptation.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It was ok for what it was. Not memorable but also not the worst thing I have seen.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess I'm in the minority here. I watched the first episode on Youtube before they pulled it and liked it a lot. ymmv

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

There's an interesting series on youtube that breaks down the The Stand movies that were never made. Part 1 is about Romero's, part 2 Ben Affleck's and part 3 Josh Boone's. The Ben Affleck version sounds like it would've been especially wild and crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast