Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The last issue of EW was a double issue, so there wasn't a new one this week. I think it was probably exclusively online.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    9. They need to write in a lot of heavy-metal for the soundtrack.

Yeuch! That would turn it into another Maximum Overdrive.

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked King's responses in the article, some were quite funny especially the Molly Ringwold and Popeye's chicken references lol. But why, oh why is he so into Mick Garris??? I've seen some good stuff Mick has done (or i liked anyway) but I've also seen some things i wish i hadn't or he at least wasn't involved in. It makes me a bit nervous too about another made for TV thing. A trilogy would be nice but i don't think that will happen, odd that all these King flicks are getting picked up quickly or in development to get remade according to IMDB. He has 10 in development including The Stand (which he seems to think won't get made) 4 in pre-development & 1 Grey Matter that's not out yet.

Does he have any control over the projects at all? I know for the dollar babies he gives rights for a buck to student film makers but what about the bigger ones?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That's pretty funny.
    M-O-O-N, that spells Molly Ringwald.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

meh

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter films, has the pick of the litter — or should we say, pick of the literature? — at the studio. The studio's top priority is a multi-picture adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand. Our spies tell us that Yates is flying into town tomorrow, and has been rereading King’s epic-length supernatural classic. We’re told Yates will decide if he wants to do the film sometime in the next two weeks. It is a big commitment, as the studio wants to split the giant book into three parts. (Though one could imagine the studio backing away from that aspiration, just as we heard that Universal was getting nervous about its plan to turn King's Dark Tower series into three movies and a two-season TV series.)
    http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...ght_rises.html

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

http://veryaware.com/2011/08/david-y...for-the-stand/

Warner Bros finalizing deals with Yates and HP screenwriter Steve Kloves.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would likely pay to see it/them.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...ting-the-stand
    As you may recall, not long ago Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows director David Yates was considering an adaption of Stephen King's The Stand as a multi-film project. Well, good news folks: it's just about official. David Yates and Warner Bros. are finalizing an agreement right now, according to an exclusive at Hitfix.

It's nice being proven right, but you know what's nicer? Steve Kloves has signed on to adapt the apocalyptic novel for Yates, reuniting the team immediately following their collaboration on the Harry Potter franchise. Kloves has proven himself beyond children's book adapations, of course: he also wrote the Oscar-nominated screenplay for Wonder Boys, and wrote and directed both The Fabulous Baker Boys and Flesh and Bone. Talented guy, that Steve. He should call me.

What strikes us as interesting about this development is that the Harry Potter books and movies really grew with their fan base. Many of the original fans of the franchise are young adults by now - like, actually young adults, not just kids who shop in the "Young Adult" section of their local bookstore - making them the perfect demographic to pick up The Stand. If Warner Bros. plays its cards correctly ("From the Makers of Harry Potter," for example) there could be a significant cross-over audience.

CRAVE Online will be back with more The Stand news if we ever shake these spooky nightmares...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/166...he-stand.jhtml
    Hot off the success of the "Harry Potter" franchise, director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves are teaming up again to adapt another major literary property: Stephen King's "The Stand," for Warner Bros.

For the uninitiated, "The Stand" is a post-apocalyptic novel that follows a group of survivors after 99.4 percent of the human race is wiped out by the effects of a biological weapon. The remaining survivors break off into two camps, one based in Boulder, Colorado, which represents good, and the other in Las Vegas, which represents evil. The two camps eventually face off in a stand that determines the future of mankind.

When it comes to bringing a beloved novel to the big screen, Yates and Kloves certainly seem like the go-to pair, but "The Stand" is a different beast than "Harry Potter" in many ways. For one, the adult-oriented material is much darker than "Potter." Drew McWeeny of HitFix, who broke the news, told MTV News he thinks the way Yates and Kloves treated the darker aspects of the "Potter" movies is a mark in their favor as they gear up for the "Stand" collaboration.

"I think they've demonstrated as a team that they are capable of making extreme darkness palatable and ably depicting the struggle between good and evil," McWeeny said. "It might not have been the first team I thought of to adapt that book, but it's a damn good team."

MTV Movies Blog editor and "The Stand" fan Josh Wigler doesn't think the movie can be made with anything less than an R rating. Similarly, McWeeny said the film won't be an easy project for Warner Bros. to move through the studio.

When McWeeny first broke the story, he said it didn't make sense to bring "The Stand" to the screen again if it didn't expand upon the 1994 TV miniseries — and he offered that the new element should be the very disturbing material that made the novel a hit.

The novel, which features a massive cast of characters, is divided into three "books," and the assumption is that Yates and Kloves wouldn't attempt to adapt the story into just one movie. The larger question is whether Warner Bros. would make two movies or a trilogy out of "The Stand." McWeeny thinks it could go either way.

"I've been hearing that three is the magic number, creatively, and they want a trilogy," he said. "[But] two films may just make better economic sense for them. I do think there's a way to pull it off in two films, but that's when you really start cutting this to the bone and that may not be best for the story itself."

With Universal having passed on Ron Howard's ambitious attempt to adapt another King classic, "The Dark Tower," it seems fair to presume that Yates and Kloves may worry about making "The Stand" too big. But there are many elements of "The Stand" that make it more adaptable than "Dark Tower" ever was, McWeeny said.

"Even though ['The Stand' is] very big and has a ton of characters, there is a much more linear storytelling shape, and a simple film trilogy is something that Hollywood understands," he explained. "Coming off the final 'Potter' film, I think Yates and Kloves are the right team to get almost anything made."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm actually re-reading The Stand right now and I had completely forgotten that he divided it up into three "books". I'm just not sure that there's enough to make 3 whole movies out of it. Maybe 2.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im both excited and really miffed at the same time when it comes to this. Yeah the original had some flaws, but I just can't see them working this right unless they do actually cut it into 3 movies - it would be easy to do. First Movie the deaths, the 2nd the journey/rebuilding and 3rd the end fight and all that jazz. Sadly i know that either way I'll *SO* end up in the cinema watching this lol.

jamesey
    *im also putting in a bid for them to Jazz up Mother Abigail and have Whoopie Goldberg play her in the style of her ghost Character (well almost all of her 90's characters)

"Frannie - you in danger gurl!!"

admit it - you all want that
    (i also have a vision of all the die hards Stand fan's heads exploding when they read that)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/ben-...ake-the-stand/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenrot View Post
    Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/ben-...ake-the-stand/
    May be a bold choice and very possibly a good one. Certainly opens up some interesting potential casting possibilities!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

If this turns out to happen I will be very excited. I never would have put the two together, but I am a huge fan of Affleck as a director. And I could see him making this into a really good theatrical film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    If this turns out to happen I will be very excited. I never would have put the two together, but I am a huge fan of Affleck as a director. And I could see him making this into a really good theatrical film.
    Yeah, it has potential!!! It will be interesting to see what he does with it!!! He may have an "In" being a Boston-guy with King. Time will tell.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben Affleck ... seriously ? One of King's most pivotal works and the best we can do is Affleck ?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I like the stuff he's directed recently. The Town, Gone Baby Gone.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I have to say is... Gary Sinise. If he is not Stu Redman then it will kill any remake for me. He was the best character adaptation of all the movies, closely followed by Kathy Bates in Misery.

So what happened to the guys from Harry Potter directing this? in August it was them doing it, now in October all the sudden it's Ben Affleck? I'm a bit lost here.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

David Yates Says He’s Not Making THE STAND Because It Should Be TV Mini-Series

http://whatculture.com/film/david-ya...ini-series.php

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ty, Evah

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TY as well Evah!!! And just where was our fearless TDT.Org Chief Correspondent (Pablo) on this one? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    TY as well Evah!!! And just where was our fearless TDT.Org Chief Correspondent (Pablo) on this one? LOL LOL
    Reading 11/22/63 of course!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Reading 11/22/63 of course!
    Well okay. I'll give ya a pass on this one!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast