Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's my all time favorite book by anyone so I'm going in with a positive mindset.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's my all time favorite book by anyone so I'm going in with a positive mindset.
    OH me to Bri... Im just really worried after seeing New Mutants. That was SOOOOOO bad. I hope he stays true to the story...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    OH me to Bri... Im just really worried after seeing New Mutants. That was SOOOOOO bad. I hope he stays true to the story...
    Thankfully I'll never be exposed to that since those movies aren't my bag, man lol. If The Stand is really good, it'll leave me longing for a true Dark Tower series.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thankfully I'll never be exposed to that since those movies aren't my bag, man lol. If The Stand is really good, it'll leave me longing for a true Dark Tower series.
    agree... IF he can pull this off? Im down to
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A few random thoughts:

Did I see a bit of Shining carpet at 1:28?

Is one of the four characters walking down the road at the end a woman?

Looks and feels very much CW to me, which could be the group they're aiming for.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    A few random thoughts:

Did I see a bit of Shining carpet at 1:28?

Is one of the four characters walking down the road at the end a woman?

Looks and feels very much CW to me, which could be the group they're aiming for.

Yes
    Yes
    I sadly agree.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not related strictly to the series, but to the Stand.

Saw on reddit. Apparently a website uses promotional artwork from "The Stand" book for teeshirts
    > https://www.redbubble.com/fr/i/t-shi...59652336.1YYVU
    > https://www.redbubble.com/fr/i/t-shi...59699477.1YYVU

True or not, I dont know, but thought I'd share it

"I have two hand drawn illustrations from 1983 that were used in-house for Laurel Entertainment promotions at that time. This is when artists worked in pen & ink and paint on illustration board. I finally got around to doing a high res scan and putting them on redbubble. With these images I made the color black transparent so the image would blend better with black shirts.
    They are each different and unique in their interpretations.
    Tell me what you guys think!"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Not related strictly to the series, but to the Stand.

Saw on reddit. Apparently a website uses promotional artwork from "The Stand" book for teeshirts
    > https://www.redbubble.com/fr/i/t-shi...59652336.1YYVU
    > https://www.redbubble.com/fr/i/t-shi...59699477.1YYVU

True or not, I dont know, but thought I'd share it

"I have two hand drawn illustrations from 1983 that were used in-house for Laurel Entertainment promotions at that time. This is when artists worked in pen & ink and paint on illustration board. I finally got around to doing a high res scan and putting them on redbubble. With these images I made the color black transparent so the image would blend better with black shirts.
    They are each different and unique in their interpretations.
    Tell me what you guys think!"
    These are cool.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good, although Randall Flagg’s face doesn’t really fit my mental image of him.*

*Yeah, I know, he can look different to different people, anyway.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah he looks good but I think Jamey Sheridan will always be the definitive Flagg.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I dont have CBS access. Guess there is no other way to see it until its all been broadcast huh?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I dont have CBS access. Guess there is no other way to see it until its all been broadcast huh?
    Just put down your coin, Old Man and purchase it.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If it's like Star Trek, it'll make it to Bluray a bit after it airs. That's when I would watch it myself.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    If it's like Star Trek, it'll make it to Bluray a bit after it airs. That's when I would watch it myself.
    Not sure if they do a free trial, but after they all air, you could do that and binge them.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Fantastic Beasts star Ezra Miller has a big and secret role in The Stand: The Justice League actor will play Trashcan Man, a pivotal character from Stephen King’s 1978 post-apocalyptic novel.

>>> Source

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else just not excited about this?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Is anyone else just not excited about this?
    I am also not excited about this.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Looks good, although Randall Flagg’s face doesn’t really fit my mental image of him.*

*Yeah, I know, he can look different to different people, anyway.
    Flagg is a classic example of a character that looks different to everyone. Didn't King say he used to picture Robert Duvall, or at least thought he'd be a good choice to play him (long ago)? (I agree).

When I first saw Jamey Sheridan in the role, I thought, "wow, they blew it," then it clicked - oddly charming/handsome, intimidating, frightening, just right.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The truth about how Marilyn Manson was almost cast in The Stand

"We were talking to [Manson] early on about playing The Kid, who drives Trashcan Man to Vegas," Cavell told EW. "We thought we were going to be able to restore the character of The Kid, but there really isn't a lot of reason for The Kid to exist."

The Kid is a relatively ancillary role if an interesting one, bestowed with some colorful scenes and dialogue by King's latter-day restoration of his work. He has a fair amount to do in King's "director's cut" of The Stand, which includes several scenes and expanded material that didn't make it into the original edit. The Kid does not appear in previous adaptations, and Cavell must have ultimately acceded to the reality that the character just doesn't suit a lean telling of the story — hence his original exclusion from the book and reintroduction years later.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Might that be a smoke bomb so we're surprised he is The Kid?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Might that be a smoke bomb so we're surprised he is The Kid?
    Could be.
    But I think it's unlikely. And the reason is pretty simple : the miniseries is with Amber Heard.
    I have seen so many people complaining on social media that they are not gonna watch the series, because she's in it.

Why do I mention that?
    Marilyn is a very close friend of Johnny Depp. Which is in court against Amber. And it's a pretty mediatic case.

I'd say that this probably played a part in the reason why he's unlikely to be in the series
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The truth about how Marilyn Manson was almost cast in The Stand

"We were talking to [Manson] early on about playing The Kid, who drives Trashcan Man to Vegas," Cavell told EW. "We thought we were going to be able to restore the character of The Kid, but there really isn't a lot of reason for The Kid to exist."

The Kid is a relatively ancillary role if an interesting one, bestowed with some colorful scenes and dialogue by King's latter-day restoration of his work. He has a fair amount to do in King's "director's cut" of The Stand, which includes several scenes and expanded material that didn't make it into the original edit. The Kid does not appear in previous adaptations, and Cavell must have ultimately acceded to the reality that the character just doesn't suit a lean telling of the story — hence his original exclusion from the book and reintroduction years later.
    Wait, there is a directors cut of the first TV mini series? How do I get my hands on that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast