Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...ding-big-94805

Stephen King's grand opus The Stand is finally getting the big-screen treatment.

Warner Bros. and CBS Films are teaming to adapt the novel, which in many ways set the bar for a generation of post-apocalyptic stories and influenced works ranging from TV's Lost to music group Anthrax.

Mosaic and Roy Lee are producing.

The companies will co-develop and co-produce the feature film, with CBS having the option to participate in co-financing. Warners will handle worldwide marketing and distribution.

The studios and producers will sit down with writers and directors in the coming weeks in an attempt to find the right take on the material. One thing to be determined is whether to attempt the adaptation in one or multiple movies. King will be involved in some capacity.

CBS has held the rights for many years but recently realized the best way to undertake the project was with a partner. Warners beat out Fox and Sony in a tight bidding war for the gig, getting its hands on one of the biggest-selling books of all time.

CBS, meanwhile, gets a chance to be involved in an ambitious big-budget tentpole with little downside. The company just released its fourth movie, The Mechanic, which performed better than expected this weekend with an opening of $11.4 million.

The Stand is a story of good vs. evil after a virus wipes out most of the American population. While it features dozens of characters (such as the Trashcan Man and Mother Abigail) and overlapping story lines running over many years, the struggle boils down to a group of survivors fighting the Antichrist-like Randall Flagg.

The novel was originally published in 1978, but by the time it was rereleased in 1990 with King adding and revising portions of the story, it had achieved cult-like status.

George Romero and Warners separately tried in vain to launch a movie adaptation in the 1980s, and a tone-downed version was produced as a six-hour miniseries by ABC in 1994. In recent years, Marvel Comics has been adapting the story to great acclaim.

King's stories made for popular Hollywood adaptations in the 1980s and '90s, but that love seemed to lose steam in the past decade. But with Universal mounting an ambitious take on The Dark Tower, and now The Stand, King may be getting ready to return to the throne as the novelist the town loves the most.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please no!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Please no!

Ahhh, C'mon!!!! At the absolute very least it will add readers!!!!!. No?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm open to it Brice. I tend to totally disassociate any movie from the novel it came from and judge each on tis own merit. I know some people cannot do that and I repssect them for that - how boring it would be if we all thoguht the same way! For instance, I like Kubrik's The Shining and Kings novel is definitely in my top 5!

I do doubt that a single release can do the story justice - it will take several perhaps they could do it justice with three releases not unlike The Lord of the Rings - or think of the Harry Potter moveis with 8 movies to cover the 7 books. I dont think they would need something like that but three sounds good to me. Besides that gives me more of a King fix and that is shy I am here in the first place!

Besides this gives them a chance to get Franniw right!

Although in the miniseries I do think that they got the Trasncan Man perfefctly!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't really see the problem. Provided that they at least give it multiple movies to tell the story (2 or 3 at most, really), it should be fine. More can go wrong the Dark Tower than The Stand when it comes to a big screen adaptation.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i just read this on the IMDB news & thought YOU have got to be fucking kidding me! i can see them do it as 2 or 3 movies. each part around 180 minutes or so. doubtful but good enough length. damn "SK" has done soo many novels & short stories that haven't been done why do what's already been done? remake the shitty ones is what i say.

they are i believe already doing 'Pet Semetary" which & sorry about my spelling. i LOVE the original. hell even "The Regulators" would be a film i'd be curious to see. or 'The Long Walk" which i'd LOVE to see as a film. not a film that's already been done! & well may i add. i love the version that was released. i'm still hoping they release it on Blu-Ray with Deleted Scenes. i'm dying to see those suckers!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to see a remake with the details from the book all there not changed around

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i think i read on entertainment weekly's officall website that it's only going to be 2 hrs! please let me know if i read that wrong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This article says that multiple movies is still a possibility.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Stick to his novellas/short novels; they allow for deeper character development and richer storylines. I think Blaze could be an excellent Frank Darabount movie.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

[
    Randall Flagg
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want Rose Madder dammit!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Ms Mod, King may not have any involvement in this remake.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...ut-Stand-movie

John

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I want Rose Madder dammit!
    Me too! Rose Madder would be awesome on the big screen! Rose Madder does not get enough credit as an SK book!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I'm open to it Brice. I tend to totally disassociate any movie from the novel it came from and judge each on tis own merit. I know some people cannot do that and I repssect them for that - how boring it would be if we all thoguht the same way! For instance, I like Kubrik's The Shining and Kings novel is definitely in my top 5!

I do doubt that a single release can do the story justice - it will take several perhaps they could do it justice with three releases not unlike The Lord of the Rings - or think of the Harry Potter moveis with 8 movies to cover the 7 books. I dont think they would need something like that but three sounds good to me. Besides that gives me more of a King fix and that is shy I am here in the first place!

Besides this gives them a chance to get Franniw right!

Although in the miniseries I do think that they got the Trasncan Man perfefctly!
    I thought that Molly Ringwald as Frannie was awesome! I loved the miniseries and I love the Frannie character!

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    [
    Randall Flagg
    They might need to age him up bit and make him look dirtier and scarier.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

who's that? anyways?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben Foster. Might recognize him from 3:10 Yuma, ArchAngel from X-Men, Pandorum and Six Feet Under. He's currently in The Mechanic with Jason Statham.

They might need to age him up bit and make him look dirtier and scarier.
    If anything, make him look a little more aged or worn. As for scarier, I don't think they have to do much out what Jamie Sheridan did in the mini-series. Appear to be a normal if not cool and charismatic guy. I think someone outright scary would scare off more followers than not. Momentary scariness, without a doubt.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1stly it'e been a long ass time since i saw any of the x-men films but i believe you. if he was only in the 3rd one i never did see that one. but 3:10 to yuma' that was a decent film. but nothing special. not a shitty film as i was talking about in another thread. he he. but a decent film that you only watch once. anyways,

i never did see "Six Feet Under" so i can't see for myself if he is a good actor or not. but he does look more like Eddie's age that "Flagg's" but i do have to say that even though "Jamey Sheridan" is far to old now to play "Flagg" he had the right look for him when he played him.

the long hair & The clothes were a perfect fit. i'm watching "NCIS:Los Angelos" how about "Chris o"Donnel" as "Eddie" ? he may be to old for the role as well though

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris O'Donnell is awful.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

Besides this gives them a chance to get Frannie right!
    amen to that!!
    and Flagg - that was the most disappointed i have ever been in a book character becoming a visual film character

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i think he's pretty good in 'NCIS: Los Angelos" which is one of my favorite shows

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Was King's little piece an online exclusive or in the actual magazine?

Traveler Russ is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I started off excited as hell about this. Now, seeing king won't be involved, and it may be a two hour movie, I'm terrified. Also does anyone else seem to think this could be Warners answer to New Line doing the Dark Tower?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast