Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Episode 4. Poor Mother Abigail, having to put up with this old fart in the Care Home...

Good catch, I didn't notice that, thanks for posting.
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    ...My only problem going in was with Rob Lowe and he turned out to be quite good in his role.
    I had a similar reaction: going in, I thought he seemed off for Nick, but he pulled off a difficult trick for an actor: he made me forget he was Rob Lowe.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Having Hemingford Home be a nursing home was weak. I think it sells the Mother Abagail character short.
    It’s almost like being strong enough to live entirely on her own to an advanced age told us something about the character of Mother Abigail.

Again...shitty storytelling.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can she still make her own biscuit? Will the nursing home let her? Or does she just have to eat pudding fed to her?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see it now

"Coming this fall to CBS All Access, you witnessed The Stand by Stephen King, now witness the 108 years of Mother Abigail's life. Starring Whoopie Goldberg and Bill Skarsgård. Before she was Mother, she was Abigail Freemantle."
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On episode 3 now, still enjoying it. The flashbacks still haven’t been a problem for me, I haven’t found it hard to follow at all.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    On episode 3 now, still enjoying it. The flashbacks still haven’t been a problem for me, I haven’t found it hard to follow at all.
    Your enjoying it? I’m not watching anymore after 5. It’s that bad i think... not mist or under the dome bad but going there quick.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s not perfect but I haven’t had any major issues like I had with the It movies for example. It’s miles above Under the Dome at least.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The last episode flowed a bit better as it didn't really have time jumps just location jumps. They are really cheesing up the Flag and Lloyd characters. Actually I hate how they are portraying Lloyd.

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

In Spain we watched episode 3 yesterday and I'm enjoying it.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have watched 2 episodes so far and it is decent.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the 6th episode. I have gone from "poorly put together but generally OK" to "pretty terrible". Totally ruined trashcan man and there is too much cheese. 6 episodes in and they still have failed to provide any connection to any of these characters. Mother Abagail is a non-character in this telling. The good cast is wasted.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Yes, Trashy is way over the top, but not the worst person for me. That is Frannie. I don't know if it is the actress or the director, but she is so bad. The last episode 9 is King's new one written for her. "Frannie in the well". I hope Lassie has a day off and leaves her down there.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Trashy is way over the top, but not the worst person for me. That is Frannie. I don't know if it is the actress or the director, but she is so bad. The last episode 9 is King's new one written for her. "Frannie in the well". I hope Lassie has a day off and leaves her down there.
    Wow
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished episode 3 tonight. It is still ok. I am not comparing it the the book so my standard is not unattainable.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished episode 5... found the line about Flagg being lovers with Konstantin Stanislavski to be interesting. Never occurred to me that Flagg could be bisexual but he’s been around for thousands of years and we’ve only seen a brief glimpse of his life.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished episode 5... found the line about Flagg being lovers with Konstantin Stanislavski to be interesting. Never occurred to me that Flagg could be bisexual but he’s been around for thousands of years and we’ve only seen a brief glimpse of his life.
    Had to google that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished 6. Miller is PAINFUL as the Trashcan man. He is a good Flash though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished episode 4.

Waiting for Las Vegas guys. Where's the party people? :-)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Ezra is just bad here. I’m surprised someone didn’t reign him in.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I am just not sure how they managed to botch this so bad. 6 episodes in on a 10 episode run and I have little to no connection with any character. They killed a main character last week and I don't think anyone felt any impact from it because its hard to care about any of them. I will still watch to the end though. Its certainly making me appreciate the 90s miniseries more.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

I am just not sure how they managed to botch this so bad. 6 episodes in on a 10 episode run and I have little to no connection with any character. They killed a main character last week and I don't think anyone felt any impact from it because its hard to care about any of them. I will still watch to the end though. Its certainly making me appreciate the 90s miniseries more.
    9 episodes only.

Country
    Country Flag

9 episodes only.
    Uggghhhh

Country
    Country Flag

9 episodes only.
    Uggghhhh
    Uggggg is right. I am ONLY watching now cause I have not much else on the go. It could not have been done any worse. They could have done something special. WHEN WILL THESE FOOLS in movie and tv realize to try and stick by the book as much as possible? When they do.... with good direction... they end up with amazing productions. Oh well... I knew this was going to happen sadly
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And the ninth is the coda by King. Wonder how they can effectively finish the rest of the book in two hours?

I'm finally caught up with the series now. Loved the elevator scene with Flagg. Owen Teague is probably giving the best performance as Harold.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast