Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

16 48.48%
  • Battlestar Galactica

17 51.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - 2000s Final

Hybrid View

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - 2000s Final

Lost
    ABC (2004–2010)
    vs.
    Battlestar Galactica
    SCI-FI (2004–2009)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Last edited by pathoftheturtle; 01-31-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: simpler

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost

Nuff said

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

BSG even though I know it wont win against the Lost nuts

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BSG for sure. Lost lost me towards the end.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted BSG, lost doesn't need the help.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Battlestar Galactica.

Spoiler:
    lolroflcopterjk.

Lost.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know I was about to come through your computer and cyber-punch you, don't you feev?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Battlestar.

This is closer than I expected at the moment. I'm sure Lost will take a commanding lead in the end, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BSG

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BSG! ...'cause it had a series finale that...you know...made sense...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To quote the last words of Georgia Lass, "Aww, shit." If this had been Lost up against any other show of the 2000s that I had seen (other than a fuckload of cable shows and Life on Mars, of course), I would've voted Lost easily, especially with its range of characters, its non-linear storytelling, and of course, the dual acting perfection of Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson on the show. Its philosophy and story of good versus evil, whilst constantly examining how one person's evil can be another person's good ("We're the good guys" being one of my favourite WTF?! quotes from the show) makes it one of my favourite US network shows.

However, Battlestar Galactica is so much more than just a ton of space battles. It's dark, mature take on the original story not only makes it a decent remake, it's inclusion of taking a look at more serious issues - including, but not restricted to, religion, politics, terrorism and death - makes it one of the best scifi shows on network television of the past ten years, if not one of the best network shows in any genre. At least, it is if it continues to remain as brilliant as the first season, which is all i've seen of the show so far and therefore the only reason why i haven't voted yet: it could all easily begin to suck at a certain point. However, i've just started watching season 2, and it still remains as brilliant as the first so far. I will vote, but only right before the end of this particular poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    BSG! ...'cause it had a series finale that...you know...made sense...
    Well, in my experience, just because a finale makes sense doesn't make it one of the best. If it provides simple explanations at the cost of giving a satisfying emotional resolution to characters we've grown attached to, then it can lead to dissapointment sometimes. Life on Mars when it ended gave almost no explanations story-wise (admittedly, that was mainly because everyone knew the mystery would essentially have to continue in sequel show Ashes to Ashes) and yet it is, on an emotional level, at least, one of the greatest tv endings i've ever seen. The whole range of emotions the show takes you on the final ten minutes is so amazing to watch that Lost has been the only show I've watched to match that kind of ending, so I'm pretty pissed off that it didn't make it this far, or even the sodding first round in the tournament, but not exactly surprised, either. The abc remake of LoM, on the other, tried to go for an ending that answered all the questions, and instead felt like one of the biggest copout endings ever made, not to mention be incredibly stupid on the part of the writers.

Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things. It was above awesomeness from beginning to end. I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered but because some of the answers were just silly. Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things
    I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered
    Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.
    Um ...

Spoiler:
    There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things
    I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered
    Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.
    Um ...

Spoiler:
    There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?
    Read it this way:

not simply because everything wasn't answered

and it makes perfect sense.

As for "flash sideways", no I did not "completely blank out", that is just what everyone was calling it during the season. I know what it was, I understood the entire explanation, I just thought it was nonsense.

It is just my opinion of course and not meant in any way to sway anyone else's.

I still think you make a hot little Dharma worker!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Um ...

Spoiler:
    Wrong Feev...it was a flash sideways...see spoiler.

Spoiler:
    During Across The Sea, when Jacob and Man In Black are playing that board game, Jacob takes his piece and moves it sideways. MIB says, 'you can't do that.' 'Why not' he replied. 'Because it's my game, when it's your game you can make your own rules.'

Jacob had Whidmore bring Desmond to the island to shock him with electromagnetism, this sends him to the afterlife universe. Not only does Desmonds influence in that universe help allow the survivors to move on, but when Desmond comes back, he's suddenly willing. This puts Desmond along the path to pulling the plug which allows for MIB to be killed (checkmate for chess) and save the island.

Thus, it is a flash sideways because in Jacob's game, his rules state he CAN move sideways.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like this at all.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I don't like this at all.
    Clearly you need to watch some Battlestar.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

interesting... unexpected...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes Come on BSG!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh hellllllllll naaaahhhhhh

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You know it's bad when Feev starts quote Will Smith

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick, I'm gonna kick your arse if we lose by one vote!

I've tied it so far...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast