Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheers

12 44.44%
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation

15 55.56%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - 1980s Final

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - 1980s Final

Cheers
    NBC (1982–1993)
    vs.
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    FRS (1987–1994)

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on in where everyone knows your name people

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will we have two Star Trek series in the BTVSAT Final? (Thank God Deep Space Nine and Enterprise weren't nominated).

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ... (Thank God Deep Space Nine and Enterprise weren't nominated).
    I've already done so, several times. LOL

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not voting for either as I do not think either was the best of the 80's.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers, especially the earlier episodes (with Coach!)

John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Cheers
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Star Trek - The Next generation!
    Broke the tie!!

sk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are not voting here

they never seen Cheers and couldn't care less for Star Trek

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, don't just be prejudiced... you have at least watched some actual Next Generation episodes, I hope?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure what I tried to watch was Next Generation; whatever it was, bears found it unwatchable.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, we're going to have to try to put together a guide to best examples of some kind... if you tried to watch some random Deep Space Nine mid-season episode or something, then no one could blame you for calling it unwatchable. But even if one dismisses the general concept of Star Trek, there's still some things within it to appreciate.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I am not sure what I tried to watch was Next Generation; whatever it was, bears found it unwatchable.
    It's quite likely that it was The Next Generation - I have an impression it's the part of Star Trek that's the most well-known here. If I ever mention Deep Space Nine or Voyager to someone, people tend to go "Huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Okay, we're going to have to try to put together a guide to best examples of some kind... if you tried to watch some random Deep Space Nine mid-season episode or something, then no one could blame you for calling it unwatchable. But even if one dismisses the general concept of Star Trek, there's still some things within it to appreciate.
    Incidentally, Deep Space Nine was the first Star Trek series that I happened to watch - and the circumstances were exactly as you describe: random mid-season episodes. Because of that, I feel like it's one of the most boring sci-fi series. Not sure if that's really true, or if I should watch it in more orderly fashion to give it justice.
    Last edited by RainInSpain; 02-03-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: clarification
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Deep Space Nine is my favorite Star Trek.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Star Trek: The Next Generation is the best television series of the 1980s. It will represent the decade in the BTVSAT Final to determine the best series of all time.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread