Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The 2011 Oscar Contest Thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They're all pretty good. The Fighter and The King's Speech are probably my two favourites. Fighter is incredibly underrated because it's misunderstood. Winter's Bone is only one I haven't seen from that group yet.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Winter's Bone was incredibly well done. I've yet to see True Grit and The Kids Are All Right. They were never at the top of my list, so it might be awhile before I get around to watching them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can someone please expand my day to at least 48 hours? I need it NOW.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved The Fighter. Such an excellent movie. And I still have yet to see The King's Speech. For some reason it just doesn't interest me at all.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Kids Are Alright or Winter's Bone, but the rest are all great films in their own right. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them Jean.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You haven't seen Winter's Bone Feev? Why did I think you were the one that recommended it to me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I haven't seen Kids Are Alright or Winter's Bone, but the rest are all great films in their own right. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them Jean.
    see? what did I say? even 48 hours might not do

Heather - I, on the contrary, was planning to start with King's Speech (after Black Swan, of course)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You haven't seen Winter's Bone Feev? Why did I think you were the one that recommended it to me
    I did ! I told you to check it out and let me know if I should watch it or not. I used you as the sacrificial lamb in other words

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I still have yet to see The King's Speech. For some reason it just doesn't interest me at all.
    Heather Martha Thompson!

If you do nothing else this weekend, you will be watching The King's Speech.

It seems like Winter's Bone is the one that the least amount of people have seen. It was getting a lot of buzz when it first came out, but then I think it got overshadowed by the "bigger" movies (i.e. Black Swan, The King's Speech, etc.) The book was fantastic as well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And I still have yet to see The King's Speech. For some reason it just doesn't interest me at all.
    Me neither, Heather. I've been planning to, I just haven't got round to it. I haven't actually watched that many films on this list. Need to sort that out asap.

Of course, you already know what film should be your highest priority to watch by now, don't you?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

I did ! I told you to check it out and let me know if I should watch it or not. I used you as the sacrificial lamb in other words

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Heather Martha Thompson!

Yes Bright Eyes!

Jean let me know what you think of it. Our tastes in films is very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Me neither, Heather. I've been planning to, I just haven't got round to it. I haven't actually watched that many films on this list. Need to sort that out asap.

Of course, you already know what film should be your highest priority to watch by now, don't you?
    Uhmmm..... I have no idea of what you are referring to!
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Me neither, Heather. I've been planning to, I just haven't got round to it.
    BUT IT'S BRITISH. DON'T YOU LOVE BRITISH FILMS

Country
    Country Flag

YES HE DOES. AND SO DO BEARS

... why are we shouting?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've watched Withnail & I. You have not.

Any arguments you have may become valid once that's changed, as Withnail & I is, without a doubt, one of the greatest films ever made. Fact (because Jean said it!).

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Any arguments you have may become valid once that's changed, as Withnail & I is, without a doubt, one of the greatest films ever made. Fact (because Jean said it!).
    Oh contraire monamie (sp?), I'm not the British film enthusiast. You are. I have no obligation of any kind to watch it

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh contraire monamie (sp?), I'm not the British film enthusiast. You are. I have no obligation of any kind to watch it
    Neither am I obligated to watch The King's Speech: it's not on the Baker's Dozen list of Greatest British Movies. (But Withnail & I is, nudge bloody nudge!)

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, who the fuck is Baker ?

I'm just giving you hard time ! But seriously, King's Speech is a pretty damn good film. I would have given the BP award to Social Network personally, but KS is a worthy contender.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I do mean to check both out. Eventually, anyway. Once I'm done with all my reviews on the 13 greatest british movies, according to those who posted on here, anyway. (I may have added in a couple, myself!) Then I'll get round to checking out more recent classics.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know the British had films! News to me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Heather Martha Thompson!

I didn't know the British had films! News to me!
    I'm detecting a slight discrepency, here!

Oh, and I watched your Baker's Dozen suggestion of Harry Brown last weekend Ricky. Not a bad little film. A little bit of a typical revenge movie, but a revenge movie done well. Also, Michael Caine shooting hoodies = fucking A!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I'm detecting a slight discrepency, here!

Oh, and I watched your Baker's Dozen suggestion of Harry Brown last weekend Ricky. Not a bad little film. A little bit of a typical revenge movie, but a revenge movie done well. Also, Michael Caine shooting hoodies = fucking A!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a bit typical, but I thought it had a bit of edge to it. Michael Caine really made it stand out for me and if he hadn't been part of it, I don't thnk it would've been done as well. If you're up for following with another Michael Caine film, definitely check out Flawless. AND it's a British film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, I've never heard of it. Along with Get Carter and The Italian Job, 2 more Michael Caine films for me to check out.

Best thing about Harry Brown, btw, is that it was the perfect family film. Well, for my family, it was! Mum and dad are usually put off by violence, but I think they got a kick out of seeing it happen to hoodie scum! We were just dissapointed that grandad didn't watch it with us!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

my to-watch list is growing... bears love Caine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5