Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Blast at major Moscow airport

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Blast at major Moscow airport

Every time something horrible happens in Russia, I think of Jean...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/24...pt=T1&iref=BN1

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh good Lord...

thank you pablo

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts go out to the victims and the people of Russia.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I know just what you mean Pablo, *phew*and now that I have seen Jeans post with mine own eyes, I can breath again.
    Even tho Moscow is far removed from our bears den, I fear the bombs reach.:hugs and prayers all around the place.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrorism is a funny thing and our media plays into their hands. The do one attack and it's sensationalized by the media for sometime, only adding to the fear of terrorists thus, giving the terrorists what they want. It's a tragedy when things like this happened. But we really wanted to stop terrorism...just ignore the fuckers.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

unless they are doing their thing near our own family members...hell the same continant, then it strikes fear and loathing into my heart.
    Its not only the terriorists, it is any mention of any incident other than a total lovefest, if you know what I mean. Even if they get outragious ( like a child throwing tantrums) it still deserves our attention doesnt it?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I know just what you mean Pablo, *phew*and now that I have seen Jeans post with mine own eyes, I can breath again.
    Even tho Moscow is far removed from our bears den, I fear the bombs reach.:hugs and prayers all around the place.
    thank you love

RainInSpain: none of my family or friends were there, how about yours?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How terrible! Now I'm worried because my Russian officemate called in to work today and I know her family is from Moscow. I really hope there wasn't a correlation between the two.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

all my thoughts to anyone affected by this awful news. My thoughts are with everyone in Russia at this time

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Terrorism is a funny thing and our media plays into their hands. The do one attack and it's sensationalized by the media for sometime, only adding to the fear of terrorists thus, giving the terrorists what they want. It's a tragedy when things like this happened. But we really wanted to stop terrorism...just ignore the fuckers.
    My thoughts do go out to Jean and anyone affected by this horrible attack, but I've gotta agree with Mattrick here when he points out that the media do tend to squeeze as much publicity out of it as they can. When i read at the end of the report, "Follow CNN's coverage of the terrorist attack at the Moscow airport," I'm suddenly reminded of how my idol Chris Morris demonstrated in a satirical sketch how the media can turn a trade agreement into a full blown war, before promising 24 hour coverage on every detail to the loyal viewers. I'm not saying that horrible events like this should be totally ignored, but must all the news reporters try and outdo each on who gives the best coverage out of these tragedies?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    thank you love

Thank you, Jean, for asking - as far as I know, none of my kith and kin were anywhere near the place.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

thank you love

And RIS too, of course, sorry I forgot to mention our other Russian member.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    thank you love

Yeah, sorry too, RIS. For some reason I forget you're Russian. I think the Sherlock Holmes theme threw me off (even if it is a Holmes played by a Russian actor)!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rist-attacks/1

Obama's statement in full:

I strongly condemn this outrageous act of terrorism against the Russian people at the Domodedovo Airport. I want to express the solidarity of the American people with the Russian people in the aftermath of this premeditated attack against innocent civilians.

Michelle and I offer our deepest condolences to the Russian people, who have suffered greatly at the hands of terrorism. We share your sorrow and a resolve to stand with you in our common fight against those who use terrorism for their political goals.

Our thoughts are with the families of the victims, and we are praying for a successful recovery for all of those who were injured.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Yeah, sorry too, RIS. For some reason I forget you're Russian. I think the Sherlock Holmes theme threw me off (even if it is a Holmes played by a Russian actor)!
    Thank you, guys. Yeah, I'm a Russian in British disguise (at the moment).

News are on air practically non-stop - the footage from the scene of the blast is just horrible. Bodies scattered on the floor... Witnesses in deep shock... Interviews with doctors at major Moscow hospitals where the wounded are taken...

Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching this at the moment: http://rt.com/on-air/

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad that you are safe Jean. I also posted the story in the news tread not knowing where to post it at. My prayers are with those that are in need of it...

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

thank you my love, I saw that other post and was deeply touched

I too keep praying for the dead and their families

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting story. Food for thought: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012405133.html

Country
    Country Flag

have learned today, from different sources:

taxis in Domodedovo raised their prices up to 30,000 roubles - it's $ 1,000 (a sum it takes most people here about half a year to make) - for a transfer from airport to town. I don't know if such creatures can still be called human beings. They look at themselves in the mirror every fucking morning, I presume they like themselves? FUCK.

when people knew about it, some just went to the airport in their own private cars and brought people to town or hospitals for free. This restores the faith in humankind.

Country
    Country Flag

have learned today, from different sources:

taxis in Domodedovo raised their prices up to 30,000 roubles - it's $ 1,000 (a sum it takes most people here about half a year to make) - for a transfer from airport to town. I don't know if such creatures can still be called human beings. They look at themselves in the mirror every fucking morning, I presume they like themselves? FUCK.

when people knew about it, some just went to the airport in their own private cars and brought people to town or hospitals for free. This restores the faith in humankind.
    We've been discussing this with DH just this morning. I'm always wondering who the parents of such 'taxi creatures' are, and to what extent it is acquired behavior vs. natural inclination (nature vs. nurture). Feels like bellum omnium contra omnes

What I've also heard today is that there are plans to re-instate checkpoints with X-ray machines, etc. at the entrance to St.Pete Pulkovo airport. They used to have them a few years back - was a major PITA because you had to take your clothes off practically at the door - but at least then everyone had been inspected prior to entering the Arrivals or Departures section. As far as I understood from the news, the explosion happened at Domodedovo Arrivals, and even though I've never been at that airport, I would imagine it has free access to that area. I'm sure another tightening of security is in the cards for us :sigh:

Country
    Country Flag

That is indeed sad.

Terrorism baffles me. And it seems there's no end to their ideas for carnage. Most airports worldwide don't have much if any security for arrivals.