Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • That '70s Show

13 48.15%
  • The Sopranos

14 51.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BTVSAT - Semifinals: 1990s (Bracket 2)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I could vote for this version, I wouldn't hesitate a moment...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really love The Sopranos, but I don't find myself wanting to rewatch it much. I actually put off watching new stuff that I have recorded on my dv-r box if I catch a random episode of That 70's Show on TV, and I have already seen every episode of it multiple times. That 70s Show is way more of a creative and interesting show that a lot of people give it credit for. A lot of people kind of flippantly disregard it as a sitcom and while it certainly does use that format, I think just calling it a sitcom to place it on the same level as most other sitcoms is doing it a grave injustice.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Why is it that all the cable shows are being voted out? Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Six Feet Under, and now The Sopranos is trailing. It is just exposure?
    I think that might be it, personally.
    Now, I did vote for That 70's Show, though I have seen Sopranos. It's just not my cup of tea. But, I haven't seen a lot of those shows you mention because my family doesn't get HBO or Showtime or any of those 'extra' channels. And I know I'm not the only one....exposure is probably a big problem here.
    I've had basic cable my entire life and I've seen all those shows. DVD's a wonderful thing.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And Jean, you really must watch the Sopranos. If there are a few shows I would recommend I think you would love whole-heartidly it would be Sopranos, Six Feet Under and In Treatment. The acting, writing, directing is just top notch in those shows, far surpassing anything else.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should The Sopranos lose, that will just add to the agony of losing all the other amazing and acclaimed series I mentioned before, especially Six Feet Under, which is just a masterpiece of art in any medium.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't actually checked, but even if we get a single vote for The Sopranos that will tie the poll and by stated votes tiebreaker it should win. Come on!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

OMFG we're TIED!!! There is hope after all!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

OK, who cast the tie vote? I do believe I owe you something...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ummmm... er... you know...

bear needs to come here now! rawr

Country
    Country Flag

:: is here now ::

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez get a room you two

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

SOPRANOS IS LEADING....BOOYA

I'm afraid though, very afraid. If it almost lost to 70's show...does it even stand a chance against the raging nerdgasm of the X-Files?

Country
    Country Flag

The Sopranos is moving on to the 1990s Final, having received 14 votes (51.85%). Its score is now 241.79.

Country
    Country Flag

Odetta, you did it!

Country
    Country Flag

she would...

*draws curtains around herself and her fuzzy bear friend*

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

LOL HYSTERICAL!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I know I will be voting for X-Files...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Boo on you. Sopranos > X-Files in every imaginable way.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Why is it that all the cable shows are being voted out? Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Six Feet Under, and now The Sopranos is trailing. It is just exposure?
    I think that might be it, personally.
    Now, I did vote for That 70's Show, though I have seen Sopranos. It's just not my cup of tea. But, I haven't seen a lot of those shows you mention because my family doesn't get HBO or Showtime or any of those 'extra' channels. And I know I'm not the only one....exposure is probably a big problem here.
    I've had basic cable my entire life and I've seen all those shows. DVD's a wonderful thing.
    Yes, DVDs are wonderful, but again it's an issue of availability. I couldn't always go out and buy a DVD box set or afford to rent 3-4 DVDs (sometimes more) for each season of a tv show. I've only recently gotten Netlfix, so that makes it easier, but it's still a difficulty for a lot of people.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why you make friends with people with good taste in television. My best friend has Seinfeld, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Dexter, Frasier and 24, all complete series. I hooked him up with Lost, Battlestar and In Treatment nad he hooked up with his. I've seen seasons of Six Feet Under and Sopranos and such for as cheap as 15-20 bucks now that it's been out. Entire Series will probably go for around 100-120 and it's more than worth the money for any of the shows I mentioned above.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2