Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Castle Rock Newsletter - index

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

I have seen some Castle Rock collections that have the newsletters stored in 3 ring binder. The (8.5X11) protectors that I have seen are too short. I know I have seen Rabbit Trick’s in a binder. Anyone can help on where to find the correct size protectors

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are trying to put the original papers in "plastic', they won't come close to 8.5"x11", or possibly even 11"x14"..
    <--------------Waiting to hear from Mr. Rabbit Trick.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Orginals with one fold are about 8.5 X 11.75. The extra 3/4 in. is the problem..

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If you are trying to put the original papers in "plastic', they won't come close to 8.5"x11", or possibly even 11"x14"..
    <--------------Waiting to hear from Mr. Rabbit Trick.
    Europe is metric. A4 is perfect.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this a correct description:
    As stated at the beginning of Issue #1 in January 1985: "This is the premier issue of CASTLE ROCK, the Stephen King Newsletter. Our goal is to keep you up-to-date on the work of this prolific writer. CASTLE ROCK will be a monthly newsletter and we will have, along with all the news, trivia, puzzles, classifieds, contests, and, we hope, reader contributions."
    The publication history of CASTLE ROCK is rather interesting, if not confusing:
    I have the original four issues, Issue #1 through #4, which were printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together, as well as the May 1985 issue, Vol. 1, No. 5, which was also printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together, and Vol. 1, No. 6 through Vol. 1, No. 12 (there was no No. 8) which were printed on regular newsprint paper in a tabloid newspaper format which was used for the rest of the run through December 1989.
    In 1986, there was no Vol. 2, No. 12 issue; however, the December 1986 issue was printed as part of a double issue in Vol. 3, No. 1 which included December 1986 and January 1987.
    In 1987, the May and April issues were combined into one double issue Vol. 3, No. 4 & 5.
    The December 1987 issue was combined into a double issue with the January 1988 newsletter as part of Vol. 3-4, No. 11 - 1.
    Also in 1988, the April issue which should have been Vol. 4, No. 4 was instead No. 5; and the May 1988 issue was numbered Vol. 4, No. 5-6; and the July 1988 issue was correctly numbered Vol. 4, No. 7; and there was no June 1988 newsletter.
    And in 1989, the September and October issues were combined into a double issue of Vol. 5, No. 9 - 10.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped after:

"I have the original four issues, Issue #1 through #4, which were printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together, as well as the May 1985 issue, Vol. 1, No. 5, which was also printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together ..."

because only the first four issues were on stapled white paper. Where is this from and why are you asking?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that the index I created in the first post of this thread gives all the necessary information.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry friend, but your info is a little off. There are 59 issues in 55 newsletters.

You're missing the true Volume 1, Issue 7, which was in July. The incorrect Volume 1, Number 7 was in August, but it was supposed to be Number 8 (typo).

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't I change that in my original post? Apparently not did I miss anything else?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I stopped after:

"I have the original four issues, Issue #1 through #4, which were printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together, as well as the May 1985 issue, Vol. 1, No. 5, which was also printed on 8 1/2" by 11" white sheets of paper and stapled together ..."

because only the first four issues were on stapled white paper. Where is this from and why are you asking?
    I saw it on ebay:
    COMPLETE SET of CASTLE ROCK - THE STEPHEN KING NEWSLETTER 1985 - 1989 **MINT**

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So the first four numbers look like photocopies?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I stopped after:

I saw it on ebay:
    COMPLETE SET of CASTLE ROCK - THE STEPHEN KING NEWSLETTER 1985 - 1989 **MINT**
    That's not a complete set. Vol. 1 #5 was the first "newspaper" printing. The one in this ad is a photocopy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was untrue/misleading.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have ~24 issues, some dupilcates, some with mailing labels. I suppose selling them individually on ebay is the best way to get ~$5-$20 each?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd throw them up here first and see how it goes, but lately, I haven't been selling too much of my stuff, lol, so who knows.

Traveler Parhelia will become famous soon enough

I have ~24 issues, some dupilcates, some with mailing labels. I suppose selling them individually on ebay is the best way to get ~$5-$20 each?
    Individually may be the best way to go.
    I just listed 5 for $34.99 ($7.00 each) and no takers.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I just did a nice deal on these. Today I won an auction for 49 different editions of the CastleRock Newsletter. The earliest is July '85 and the latest is Dec 1989.

By my reckoning that means it's missing the 1st 6 (but 54 - 49 = 5, so not sure whats going on there). I paid ~$55 for the lot.

Good deal? I'm assuming it's not going to be easy to complete this - anyone have spare copies of the 1st 6?

I'll post pictures when they arrive.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

CASTLE ROCK #1

CASTLE ROCK Vol. 1 No. 7

CASTLE ROCK Vol. 1 No. 8

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think I just did a nice deal on these. Today I won an auction for 49 different editions of the CastleRock Newsletter. The earliest is July '85 and the latest is Dec 1989.

By my reckoning that means it's missing the 1st 6 (but 54 - 49 = 5, so not sure whats going on there). I paid ~$55 for the lot.

Good deal? I'm assuming it's not going to be easy to complete this - anyone have spare copies of the 1st 6?

I'll post pictures when they arrive.
    Congratulations Simon. That sound like a great deal to me... I wish I had duplicated of the early ones, as they'd be yours.

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

You might want to double check Vol 1, Issue 6 June. The Cat From Hell is actually the only Printing of SK Essay Why he wrote the story. A belated THANK YOU for the index. It looks awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I miss Castle Rock. Those were great days when the new issue arrived. Chasing rare items in the classifieds, learning what SK was up to, hearing from other fans. I have kept all of my originals since the 80s and browsing through really hits me with nostalgia. My girlfriend at the time, now my wife, left me a message on a note and tucked it into an issue in the 80s. I found it like 20 years later - like a time capsule in so many ways. Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2