• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 321 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Watch Dogs 2 for Christmas but I had to bail on it after about 2 hours of play. Idk if its cause I'm old or w/e, but my god there is just too much going on in that game. There are a million markers on my map and HUD for a million different kinds of missions where you use god knows how many different tools for your objective. Its just too much, I aint got time to learn alla that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I got Watch Dogs 2 for Christmas but I had to bail on it after about 2 hours of play. Idk if its cause I'm old or w/e, but my god there is just too much going on in that game. There are a million markers on my map and HUD for a million different kinds of missions where you use god knows how many different tools for your objective. Its just too much, I aint got time to learn alla that.
    Open world games have gotten pretty tiresome to me. I have the few I like like Fallout and Assassin's Creed, but it's a big deterrent for me to start a game these days. It's a big reason I've stuttered getting into FF15 and balk at RDR2, Skyrim, and Far Cry.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just barely remember WD2. I just finished up playing Watch Dogs Legion which is the 3rd game.

It was fun but a lot like what you talk about, there are tons of different side quests and you can recruit tons of different operatives with tons of different weapons and skills. Really though, once I got into it I figured out what worked and what didn't and just used the same operatives with the same basic skills for pretty much everything. There are a couple of areas where they throw something new at you but it's never anything too difficult to figure out.

I played on the easiest setting because like you I'm old and only have a couple hours to play each day. So I don't have time to replay levels over and over again. But I am a completionist and had to get my 100% platinum trophy which took a little extra time/effort.

I'm pretty sure there are skills and/or weapons that I didn't use at all during my entire play-through.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Open world games have gotten pretty tiresome to me. I have the few I like like Fallout and Assassin's Creed, but it's a big deterrent for me to start a game these days. It's a big reason I've stuttered getting into FF15 and balk at RDR2, Skyrim, and Far Cry.
    I feel you, but damn you gotta at least play Skyrim and RDR2. Those are two of the greatest games ever made and high points of the genre.

I think the problem is that as games and technology have gotten more advanced and sophisticated, devs feel the need to populate these large open words with myriad of trivial fetch quests and collectibles and that doesn't always necessarily mean better. The Assassins's Creed in general is guilty of this, so many different collectibles that at some point it just becomes a chore to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I am a completionist and had to get my 100% platinum trophy which took a little extra time/effort.
    Dude what!? I had no idea you got down like that. If you're going after platinums, that's a pretty dedicated gamer right there lol.

Do I have you on PSN? Add me: heisenfern

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got three "platinums" in the past couple weeks.

Also, Aliens Fireteam Elite is pretty damn fun. Don't think I'll ever get sick of facing a horde of xenomorphs with a magnum.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I feel you, but damn you gotta at least play Skyrim and RDR2. Those are two of the greatest games ever made and high points of the genre.

I think the problem is that as games and technology have gotten more advanced and sophisticated, devs feel the need to populate these large open words with myriad of trivial fetch quests and collectibles and that doesn't always necessarily mean better. The Assassins's Creed in general is guilty of this, so many different collectibles that at some point it just becomes a chore to play it.

I am a completionist and had to get my 100% platinum trophy which took a little extra time/effort.
    Dude what!? I had no idea you got down like that. If you're going after platinums, that's a pretty dedicated gamer right there lol.

I don't plat all my games. Just certain ones. I've only got like 5 or 6 trophies. Like the RDR games and the GTA games I got 100% in-game completion but I never got platinum because I don't play online. I think I came up short on most of the Kingdom Hearts game as well. Although I did get it for KH3.

I'm on PSN but like I said I never play online so it wouldn't be worth adding me.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll get into them eventually. I keep saying I'll get into a game like RD2 on one of my breaks from school, but I'm always too exhausted to get into anything new. This past Christmas break I replayed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations because I'd played them before and I could watch Star Trek as I played them. I won't even have much of a summer break this year since i'm doing an extra semester of school and I likely won't want to get into something like RD2 or Skyrim then. Heck, I've been playing Fallout 4 for nearly 2 years and I still haven't completed my playthrough.

As for "platinums" the one thing I don't like about Xbox is having a counter for games I've 100%ed in terms of achievements so I'd have to scroll through the hundreds of games I've played in the past 15 years, but I reckon I've gotta be around 40 by now. There are plenty of games too where I got all the single player achievements on games where I never touched the multiplayer.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else playing Elden Ring??

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else playing Elden Ring??
    My kid is playing it and says he's enjoying it. I'm a gear head so I'm more interested in Thursday at 11:00 pm CST
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Game Pass. I've heard good things.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians of the Galaxy was low key one of the best games of last year. I think you'll really enjoy it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea there was a remaster for Chrono Cross was coming out. It's my favourite RPG of that era. Hopefully it'll go on Game Pass since all the Final Fantasy games have made it there.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh GD, one of the few games I was looking forward to this year

Breath Of The Wild Sequel Delayed To 2023, Nintendo Apologizes

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude I played one of these^ FP mystery/haunted house type games on the Switch, "The Suicide of Rachel Foster", and those kind of games are so freaking unnerving. The way they use sound and space to get in your head is amazing. There could be literally nothing happening on screen but just knowing something might be around the corner or sneaking up behind you puts you on edge the entire time you're playing.

Needless to say, I'm interested in this game.

Country
    Country Flag

Needless to say, I'm interested in this game.
    It's a masterpiece. The original is an incredibly unique and indescribable meta-experience. I'm not sure how they'll be able to "plus" it.

Country
    Country Flag

Another masterpiece and one of my all-time favorite games (with a terrific sequel; now if only the third game would get greenlit):

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the KH series soooooo, bring it on

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

MLB The Show 22 is basically what we got last year with updated Rosters. Probably a lot of small changes I haven't noticed. I mostly played Road to the Show on The Show 21 so I'm playing Franchise on The Show 22. Might actually try out the Diamond Dynasty and actually play a sports game online for once.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I played Firewatch which I absolutely loved. It's amazing what can be done with just voice. You never get a look at anyone's face and yet all the characters are so fully realized. It's quite an accomplishment. It's kind of like what made Samantha in Her such a dynamic character, except there's two of them, and you get to control one.

Finishing Lake right now....it's hard to really judge this game. It's charming and quaint but tons of little bugs that if anything are funnier rather than annoying...except the bug that means all those photos I took came out pure black. Since this is mostly a narrative game it's been a pretty pleasant narrative so far, and pleasant narratives typically aren't found in video games so it's a nice breath of fresh hair.

Do you need to have played the previous Life is Strange games before True Colors? I get the sense they're all stand alone narratives, but not sure if there's like an overlapping world or lore that will obfuscate playing it. I've alctually bought the first season and Before The Storm, but if I won't lose much context, I'll likely play True Colors first since it's on Game Pass.

Going to try to knock off a bunch of these short little games on my three weeks off school as I can, while chugging along on my Toronto Blue Jays in The Show22. I'm going to finish The Artful Escape. Then I think I'll be choosing from these:

Spiritfarer
    Death's Door
    Spec Ops: the Line
    Golf Club Wasteland
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Soma
    Twelve Minutes
    Valiant Hearts
    Telling Lies

Country
    Country Flag

Do you need to have played the previous Life is Strange games before True Colors? I get the sense they're all stand alone narratives, but not sure if there's like an overlapping world or lore that will obfuscate playing it. I've alctually bought the first season and Before The Storm, but if I won't lose much context, I'll likely play True Colors first since it's on Game Pass.
    It's hard for me to say to skip LIS1 and BTS and just start with True Colors. There are pros and cons to this. Pro: the story is indeed stand-alone and doesn't reference the other games in its actual plot. Hmm... I think that's the only pro I can think of. Cons: there is a major character that reprises their role from the earlier games, though references are minimized in the main game (in the DLC chapter they're plenty and central). I prefer to play games in a series in order, so as to see how things progress over time. The only truly disconnected game in the series so far is LIS2, but even that has a character form the first game reprising their role, though in a more minor way.

LIS is my favorite game series, so my suggestion is to always play from the start. Up to you, of course, but I think you will have a richer experience with True Colors that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 321 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast