• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 321 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Mass Effect trilogy is one of the finest stories, trilogies in all of video gamedom. Part 3 gets crapped on often but honestly it's a solid experience and the addendum codas BioWare added addressed the biggest gripes people had with that game.

Speaking of remasters, releases, remakes... I had a sad realization this weekend. I used to really look forward to re-releases with HD facelifts and trophies/achievements and what have you. It's always great finding reasons to revisit your favorite gaming memories.

But as a 30 something adult, my free time -and specifically my gaming free time- is at a premium these days. Add in the fact that we're bombarded with new content every day, week; new streaming services, new shows, new movies, new games, new new new. In the case of gaming, it gets harder for me to justify spending time playing games I've already completed when there's so much stuff out there that I haven't gotten to and want to make time for. So when I see stuff like the ME trilogy remastered, the upcoming Grand Theft Auto trilogy remaster, all I can do is be happy in a bittersweet way knowing that people whom never got to experience them will get to in the best way possible.

I guess what I'm saying is... it sucks being an adult.
    I know exactly what you are saying.

I saw the trailer for the GTA remaster and just had 0 interest in it. I've already completed all those games with 100% completion. Some of them more than once. I just don't have the time to do it again on a new system. I'm just now finally getting to play the Spider-man Miles Morales game. It's been sitting on my shelf since last Christmas.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have much of an issue finding time for gaming while in school. It's basically my main go-to for unwinding. I watch TV shows and listen to podcasts while I play so I'm knocking out two birds with one stone. Really it's finding the time to sit down and watch films (beyond the 10+ hours a week I spend watching films for school) or, heaven forbid, read something for pleasure. I don't tend to get right into a single game anymore. I go back and forth between games. Right now I'm hopping back and forth between MLB The Show 21, NHL 19, Mass Effect, Octopath Traveler, Shenmue and Final Fantasy 12. I've also got other games on the go I can hop into at any time like Resident Evil 2/7, Halo Reach. I can't afford to get sucked right into a real big game like FF15 or Red Dead 2, which are my two big titles to play either on my winter break or my much longer summer break.

What would really cut into my time is if I got into a relationship!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Why do you think I don't have free time anymore? LOL

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Why do you think I don't have free time anymore? LOL
    When I was in my 20s I could get away with forcing my live in girlfriend to watch me play call of duty. In my 30s I don't think that will fly

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For all the improvement in the textures and lighting and character models to the original Mass Effect, I sure am remembering now just how samey most of that game is. The side quests are all basically the same....land on a planet and drive around looking for resources and things of interest. Fight the same Thresher Maw battle over and over. Enter the same like two or three building models on every planet. Now I remember why the first game felt so dated so quickly, and it's because despite how cutting edge it was in certain areas, even back during it's original 360 release, it quickly became repetitive. One of the greatest aspects I recall from the first game was the novelty driving around alien worlds, but I forgot how quickly you realize every planet is basically an empty space with some mountains and some hills with some different textures depending on what kind of planet it was. There's no rivers or streams or lakes or trees, no flora or fauna or any kind other than thresher maws. I remember being disappointed in the sequel when you were no longer landing on planets, but it's definitely preferable to exploring these empty, boring worlds. all the side quests basically end the same way: you kill everything or you use charm/intimidate to come to a peaceful conclusion.

I'm glad that the actual story worlds have a bit more going on visually and the story itself is good, because I'm really remember now how Mass Effect 2 was such a giant step forward in basically every way.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally playing The Last of Us Remastered for the 1st time. I have love Ellie's character. She's sharp, full of wit, and ready to kick ass.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Been playing Spider-man Miles Morales the last week or so and I'm already over 70% complete. I knew it was supposed to be a shorter game than the first one so I'm not really surprised. There's a bunch of stuff that's not unlocked until new game+ so I have that to look forward too.

It's basically identical to the first game in that the missions are all pretty much the same and his move set is about the same. They did give Miles a few distinct powers that makes it pretty fun. The enemies are just different enough that it doesn't feel like I'm playing the exact same game over again.

I'm wondering if this game started as DLC and just grew so much that they had to make it it's own game. Anyway, its a good bridge until the actual sequel comes out in 2023 or whenever.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only turned on San Andreas remastered to see what it looked like. I played it on PS2 about two years ago so it's pretty fresh in my mind and it's an upgrade visually from my limited experience. Of course, other people with more experience have been pretty savage on it. Seems pretty glitch heavy, which is inexcusable, really, when re-releasing and old product. The opening cinematic where CJ gets picked up by Tenpenny was way out of sync between the audio and the visual, and the subtitles weren't even close to matching the dialogue...which wouldn't be so bad if it's just a subtitle sync issue, but they kicked CJ out of the police car and the conversation continued for a good ten seconds it caught up to the point where CJ is thrown out of the car.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping someone here might know and clarify for my not quite getting it brain.

I went to preorder Halo Infinite and it has a Halo Infinite free download which apparently is multiplayer. NO interest in that.
    Then there is Halo Infinite (Campaign) which costs and will be avilable on December 8. It says it requires the Halo Infinite free download to play. If I am reading it right this is the single player game??
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Hoping someone here might know and clarify for my not quite getting it brain.

I went to preorder Halo Infinite and it has a Halo Infinite free download which apparently is multiplayer. NO interest in that.
    Then there is Halo Infinite (Campaign) which costs and will be avilable on December 8. It says it requires the Halo Infinite free download to play. If I am reading it right this is the single player game??
    I don't know. I just play it for free with Game Pass.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Guess I'll find out. I play on PC and don't have game pass. Probably only play two or three games a year. About 20% thro Far Cry 6, so they last me a while.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Far Cry 6 is going to be my holiday game. I'm looking for to Christmas break when I play the shite out of it over a long weekend

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Far Cry 6 is going to be my holiday game. I'm looking for to Christmas break when I play the shite out of it over a long weekend
    I'm not sure my holiday game yet. I'm thinking I'll either get back into FFXV, start Red Dead 2, or maybe I'll go on a Resident Evil binge...I haven't finished RE7 or REmake 2, and I've got RE6 and REvelations 2 (never played them), and it's been forever since I've played REmake, RE Zero, and RE4...never finished Code Veronica either.

I just started WatchDogs Legion. I'll probably be playing that through the end of the year at least.

Still haven't gotten used to driving on the left side of the road in that game though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Psychonauts 2 is such a unique game. I don't think I've ever played a game with this much zany creativity. It's a little rough around the edges - it was originally a Kickstarter game before Microsoft picked it up and funded it towards the tail end of development - but damn its so much fun.

It's on holiday sale rn, highly recommend this to you you all. Especially if you're feeling nostalgic for a Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon esque platformer.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Gold Edition, it’s 50% off and Ubi Store has a 20% off coupon. Really beautiful game so far!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Psychonauts 2 is such a unique game. I don't think I've ever played a game with this much zany creativity. It's a little rough around the edges - it was originally a Kickstarter game before Microsoft picked it up and funded it towards the tail end of development - but damn its so much fun.

It's on holiday sale rn, highly recommend this to you you all. Especially if you're feeling nostalgic for a Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon esque platformer.
    Have you played the first one?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not, but the prologue does a pretty good job of bringing you up speed on the events of PS1 and that VR game that came out a few years ago. I know I'm missing a lot of little Easter eggs and callbacks though.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why would I buy Psychonauts 2? It's on GamePass brah

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To my all my fellow Sony Ponies, PSN just put up their end of the year sales. There's bunch of stuff on there, shit I'll probably end up walking away with like 4 games (that I won't actually get around to playing until like 2 years from now, but I digress...).

Check it out!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Alan Wake 2 what? I knew the DLC in Control meant a sequel was coming down the pipe, and the remastered made it basically guaranteed. Sucks I still have to wait awhile, but it'll be great!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Never know what you'll find hiding in the back of the closet...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 321 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast