• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 321 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought about picking up FC Primal, but that Mega Man X connection for 15 bucks is staring at me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am probably one of the biggest fans of Assassin's Creed (played all the games, even the AC Chronicles ones and watched full gameplays of those odd mobile games, read some of the comics, okay not all of them, and watched the movie) and I just love the world and the lore that that franchise has created. I know many longtime fans were disappointed that Odyssey was "not really AC" but I enjoyed it greatly. True, it takes place before the Assassins (or the Hidden Ones) were established, but to me the Assassin's Creed lore was always more than just that. After all, the Isu history stretches back tens of thousands of years, so to me it's all AC.

And now we have this beautiful thing to look forward to, and from recent reviews by those who's been able to play an early version of the game, a lot of the "classic" AC elements and lore is back.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Origins/Odyssey Gold Editions, plus AC3 Remastered to replay, and it's probably going to be awhile before I get to them.

My backlog is so unbelievably massive I've actually had to work at drafting up a rough schedule to balance owned games, newly purchased games, and Game Pass games that will never leave game pass and those about to leave.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Odyssey DLC focused on Atlantis does deep into the lore. Exciting!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I trust myself to get into a big game during my first semester of University...especially when that semester is going to be online so I'll likely play a bunch of smaller games during the fall. That's a big reason why I stocked up on smaller Indie titles off Game Pass.

I'm going to have to pick a big game or two to knock off this summer...I'll probably finally get through Fallout 4 and the DLC and try to get FF15 done.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the Far Cry's. Bought the first one when it came out for my Dad and promptly swiped it. Just bought FC2 and New Dawn (which I haven't played) thanks to Mae mentioning the sale. FC2 was cheaper thro Steam, so that's where I picked them up. Can't wait for Six.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I love the Far Cry's. Bought the first one when it came out for my Dad and promptly swiped it. Just bought FC2 and New Dawn (which I haven't played) thanks to Mae mentioning the sale. FC2 was cheaper thro Steam, so that's where I picked them up. Can't wait for Six.
    Very welcome! Have you played Primal? It's actually probably my favorite of the series, and it's so vastly different than the rest.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Was playing Far Cry 3 last night, told myself "one more mission" at around 9pm, and ended up playing til around midnight

What a fantastic game! It has a few rough edges compared to modern open world games (which I won't hold against it since it came out 8 years ago), but that open world might be one of the best ones I've ever played.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Was playing Far Cry 3 last night, told myself "one more mission" at around 9pm, and ended up playing til around midnight

What a fantastic game! It has a few rough edges compared to modern open world games (which I won't hold against it since it came out 8 years ago), but that open world might be one of the best ones I've ever played.
    Yay I'm so happy to hear that! It is a lot of fun, and for such a low price you can't go wrong! It definitely shouldn't be compared to more modern games, because even FC5 is greatly different in mechanics. That said, its world is beautiful and still stunning, and the gameplay is always fun. I personally prefer to take the enemies out as stealthily as possible, but firefights are very satisfying too. Also, I'm absolutely terrible at driving and I prefer walking everywhere, but I like that FC games are a lot more forgiving to people like me, and driving is pretty easy.

Feev, I hope this encourages you to collect the rest of the series

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Far Cry, I mentioned I recently played the original game again, it really holds up quite well and it's still lots of fun, but as I said, it's certainly of its time (early to mid 2000s). Here is a great playthrough of the game in 4K, looking spiffy!

Remember, this game is 16 years old! Full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BcEzHyx3IXaLor

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, not bad at all for an early 2000's game!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rime was a great game. The end got me right in the feels.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How long did it take you? I just started it this morning and I'm at the part where the bird first appears.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    How long did it take you? I just started it this morning and I'm at the part where the bird first appears.
    About 6 hours.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Very welcome! Have you played Primal? It's actually probably my favorite of the series, and it's so vastly different than the rest.
    I've played it some. It's my fallback if I have nothing else to play. I must admit, I'm a sniper rifle shotgun kinda player. Give me those and I can take out any outpost....
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, got my The Last of Us II platinum
    How many playthroughs did it take you?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must admit, I'm a sniper rifle shotgun kinda player. Give me those and I can take out any outpost....
    This!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 (Mega Man 1-6) and Mega Man X Legacy Collection (X1-X4). Mega Man 1 is way fucking harder than I remember, and Mega Man 2 is easier than I remember. I used to blast through Mega Max X in an hour or so and the game is giving me trouble. So weird.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can, but it would impossible to do it without spoilering the shit out of it tho...
    Put it in tags. Most of the game has been spoiled for me anyways.
    Massive spoilers for The Last of Us 2!!!
    I haven't finished the game yet, but my guess is that the controversy is that you have to
    Spoiler:
    play as Abby for a large portion of the game. Apparently, people are upset that you are being forced to play with a character that murdered a beloved character in Joel. In fact, the voice actress who plays Abby has actually received death threats to the point where Naughty Dog had to release a statement. It's ridiculous how stupid people are. Regardless, anyone upset with having to play as Abby missed the entire point of the game.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Also, got my The Last of Us II platinum
    How many playthroughs did it take you?
    2. One to enjoy the story and pick up as many collectibles as possible, and a second play through to mop up the collectibles and max out the upgrade trees.

I picked up Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 (Mega Man 1-6) and Mega Man X Legacy Collection (X1-X4). Mega Man 1 is way fucking harder than I remember, and Mega Man 2 is easier than I remember. I used to blast through Mega Max X in an hour or so and the game is giving me trouble. So weird.
    The og MM games are no joke dude, a couple of them are hard af. There's a reason old school gamers like us think that modern games coddle players too much when you had to restart a level all over again if your form isn't perfect.

Coincidentally, I passed Mega Man 11 a few days ago. That Wily Fortress Stage 1 is one of the hardest MM levels I've ever played. There's this platforming part where you can't make a single mistake otherwise you die and it takes you back to the beginning of the level. And if by some miracle you get past it, the most rage inducing boss awaits you. I ended up spending like 3 energy tanks on that guy.

God it was so fucking satisfying to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Massive spoilers for The Last of Us 2!!!
    I haven't finished the game yet, but my guess is that the controversy is that you have to
    Spoiler:
    play as Abby for a large portion of the game. Apparently, people are upset that you are being forced to play with a character that murdered a beloved character in Joel. In fact, the voice actress who plays Abby has actually received death threats to the point where Naughty Dog had to release a statement. It's ridiculous how stupid people are. Regardless, anyone upset with having to play as Abby missed the entire point of the game.
    Spoiler:
    Yes that's a part of it for sure, but make no mistake - a large portion of that outcry is just thinly veiled vitriol because you play as a woman. Go to any video game forum and you'll see an avalanche of criticism towards ND for pushing their "Woke SJW agenda".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, you are probably spot on. I can't belive that in the year 2020 there are still people getting their Sider-Man undies in a bunch about playing as a woman. There have been so many games dating back to Lara Croft that feature a female protagonist. They need to get the fuck over it.

Actually, scratch that, let's go back to the 80s. These assholes would have lost their shit after beating Metroid only to see Samus' long locks of blonde hair falling from her helmet.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

@Mae - dude, freaking Far Cry 3!! I'm addicted! I love that every element in the open world feeds into one another - the hunting, the looting, the resource scavenging - none of it is superfluous, you need to do it all to survive. Such a fantastic game.

Country
    Country Flag

@Mae - dude, freaking Far Cry 3!! I'm addicted! I love that every element in the open world feeds into one another - the hunting, the looting, the resource scavenging - none of it is superfluous, you need to do it all to survive. Such a fantastic game.
    I'm so happy you're having a blast with it, feev! Is this your first experience with Far Cry? Well, now that I've got you addicted, time to pick up the rest of the series if they're still on sale! I haven't had a boring time with any of them, sure it's the same or similar formula but they always do something cool with it, be it because of the setting or activities or what have you.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Stop, you're making me want to play Far Cry 3 and my backlog is way too long and in thinking about buying the Rocksteady Batman games because I can buy all 3 for 20 bucks including all the DLC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 321 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 ... LastLast