1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 321 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the difference between the coloured (and irish) bathrooms and the white bathrooms...the red velvet curtains and Chopin's Raindrops playing in the white bathrooms lol Gotta say I'm loving some of the soundtrack choices...enjoying Mozarts Requiem now

I just looked at the achievements and it sounds as if beating the game in 1999 mode without spending money at a Dollar Bill machine will be a challenge. Am I right in assuming 1999 mode is just the next difficulty and not a new game plus available on any difficulty? Does this game feature a new game plus sort of mode? I'm just curious to know if my abilities/upgrades/cash will transfer over once I beat it or if I have to start 100% fresh every time.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't think taking my time will be that difficult seeing as I'm playing for the first time on hard and I've gotten my ass kicked quite a few times in the early going while I've adjusted to the gameplay. It was shaky ground up until I killed the crow guy and got that vigor then I was more comfortable afterwards...which I hope is fairly constant because being broke because of trial and error death sucks lol. I really wish I still had the first Bioshock so I could play through the whole series again but I lent it to someone and then I guess we had a falling out so not getting it back lol. I used to just play through the first time on a game on regular and worry about the difficulty again but ever since I played Gears of war I've just gone for the highest difficulty available. Though I'm starting to think dying a lot will impede my progress in Bioshock Infinite more than most shooters with just checkpoints.

It's was also weird to play a Bioshock game with all these people around. I'm used to only encountering big daddy's and violent junkies.
    Oddly enough, even dying a lot in Bioshock Infinite plays into the overarching story line. I thought that was great how they worked it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That game is just so amazing. The art direction, the steampunk aesthetic, the intricate story which

Bioshock Infite spoilers!

I can't stop fanboying over it. I love it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, hurry up and finish it my dude! I'm curious to know what you'll think of the ending.

Mike, are you planning on getting the Burial at Sea DLC?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Matt, hurry up and finish it my dude! I'm curious to know what you'll think of the ending.

Mike, are you planning on getting the Burial at Sea DLC?
    I just got to shanty town. Bachelor Party tonight so won't get much past that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm at the top of the barge and the VOX are trying to destroy it...After like eight attempts I'm putting Bioshock down for the day after a good seven hours spent in Columbia. It wouldn't be so bad if Songbird targetting would actually work, it has to be too precise and when you're flying around on skyrails it's difficult and half the time Elizabeth ends up opening tears instead and then the bad guys blow my shit up and I fail the objective. Guess I'm going to have to figure out some sort of strategy to this part.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm at the top of the barge and the VOX are trying to destroy it...After like eight attempts I'm putting Bioshock down for the day after a good seven hours spent in Columbia. It wouldn't be so bad if Songbird targetting would actually work, it has to be too precise and when you're flying around on skyrails it's difficult and half the time Elizabeth ends up opening tears instead and then the bad guys blow my shit up and I fail the objective. Guess I'm going to have to figure out some sort of strategy to this part.
    That's a good battle and will take a few tries to beat. One tip is to stay on the top deck. Call in Sonbird to do his thing. Kill any thugs that come after you up there while pummeling the bad guys who spawn down below. Rinse and repeat until it's over.

Feev, I am planning on getting Burial at Sea. I just need to pick up a PSN card at some point.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, listen up.

1. Winter Shield. Winter Shield. Winter Shield. It will be your saving grace. Oh, and Winter Shield.

2. Place at least 4-5 of the bullet absorbing vigor (forgot the name, the one with the Roman helmet) traps in front of the chamber they keep shooting. Keep replacing them as they get depleted.

3. Do NOT use Songbird for those small ships.
    3a. Use Songbird for the 1st and 3rd big barge. The 2nd one you should go in and destroy it yourself.
    3b. When none of the 3 barges are on screen, use Songbird to dispose of those Lincoln motherfuckers that position themselves directly in front of the chamber.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF is Winter Shield? I don't have that.

I'm pretty much done purchasing DLCs these days as most of them are a complete waste of ten bucks IMO and I refuse to buy a Season's Pass just like I refuse to pre-order games anymore: why the fuck should I give them money before I've played it or anyone's played to even have any idea if it's worth anything? I would be more lenient towards Bioshock DLC because out of all the DLC I've played Minerva's Den is the only one worth anything outsie Alan Wakes 'The Signal' and 'The Writer', which were the best DLCs you will find anywhere.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, you must have missed the Winter Shield gear during your playthrough. You can still pull it off though, it will just be a bit more difficult.

There are plenty of DLC's that are cash grabs but some expansions truly are worth the money. Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare comes to mind (best DLC of all time imo). Bioshock's Burial at Sea DLC is absolutely worth it, especially for us fans of the series. It ties into the original games in unexpected ways. A treat.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the equipment are random. This means that they don't necessarily have a set location. I'm not even sure I found it either. I've heard it's super overpowered though. I didn't use an equipment that had anything to do with rail combat. I actually didn't really like fighting on the rails. I found most of it to be cumbersome and unnecessary.

Feev's right though, make sure you use Songbird to get rid of the Patriot guys too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Be honest, how many of those will you actually get to?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Spent $100 during the Steam Summer Sale.

Bought myself 19 games, and gifted another 17 to friends - total 36 purchases averaging $2.78 each, not including DLC.

Praise Gaben.

I picked up a couple of cheap games, but not much really grabbed me this year. I bought How to Survive, The Next BIG Thing and Deponia(because I love old school adventure games).
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

gog.com's sale was what I spent money on, including System Shock 2 and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. I do love that site.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, you must have missed the Winter Shield gear during your playthrough. You can still pull it off though, it will just be a bit more difficult.
    I still haven't found this gear and in my second playthrough I'd just killed Fitzroy...and so far as I know I haven't missed any secrets anywhere...though there was a door I think I couldn't lockpick at an earlier point in the game. If I load chapter I take it I lose my spot in the game currently? Does that affect my current playthrough?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit dude that is really weird. I've passed the game 6 times and only once did I not find it lol. I know that the gears are completely random... your best bet will be to keep reloading the checkpoint right after exiting the hall of heroes. Every time you pick up a gear you can restart the checkpoint if you don't like what you got, the game will give you something different.

It's not that important in the grand scheme of things but it will make the final fight much more simpler in 1999 mode. It will save you a lot of frustration.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Where I only got a ps3 back in December, I have been playing a lot of games I never got to play. I beat Uncharted a few days ago and beat Uncharted 2 last night. I am now working on Uncharted 3. I am loving them, of course and can't wait for A Thief's End. I love the story and the cinematic feel of the whole thing. I can't wait to see what they can do on ps4.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Spent $100 during the Steam Summer Sale.

Bought myself 19 games, and gifted another 17 to friends - total 36 purchases averaging $2.78 each, not including DLC.
    That's awesome. Steam is a great way to get to play some games for a cheap price. I just need to have the actual game on my shelf. What games did you get?

Is The Last of Us up on steam yet? I'm not even sure if Sony will even allow it to be up there. I hope it is because I remember we had a conversation and you said you were interested in playing it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the trailer for Uncharted 4 yet, Chris?

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Revengeance is bad ass, but it is wayyyyy too short.

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
    I have. I can't fucking wait. It makes me glad I have already picked up a ps4. The title seems ominous, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
    I have. I can't fucking wait. It makes me glad I have already picked up a ps4. The title seems ominous, though.
    BTW, I just did the whole Sink or Swim chapter of Uncharted 3 and holy shit, that whole sequence on the cruise ship was so well done.

ETA: I spent the 4th of July beating Uncharted 3. Worth it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
    BTW, I just did the whole Sink or Swim chapter of Uncharted 3 and holy shit, that whole sequence on the cruise ship was so well done.

ETA: I spent the 4th of July beating Uncharted 3. Worth it.
    That's my favorite chapter in all the Uncharted games. The Uncharted games really are great. When people ask me what they are like, I tell them it's like being an action star in a movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which Uncharted is your favorite, 2 or 3?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to play XCOM. It seems like a game I would really enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 321 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast