1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 321 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Story - definitely. The art direction, attention to detail, freedom to go wherever you want and do whatever you want at your leisure .... it's invigorating. I've probably only done two story based missions and the rest of the time I've been out exploring.

Hannah - nice ! I'm taking all of next week off, essentially a 9 day vacation for me... guess what I'm overdosing on

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hopefully not heroin...

Oh man. The sheer size of everything's a little bit overwhelming for me. I try to decide what I want to do next after I finish a quest/exploration of a new location and I keep getting sidetracked with other shit.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This made me laugh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...dern-warfare-3

If I had a penny for every time I've spent the opening moments of a game sitting in the back of a transport vehicle listening to a soldier called Vasquez repeatedly use the word "motherfucker", I'd have enough money to buy the Sesame Street game instead. And even that probably starts with Sergeant Grover warning Private Elmo that "Shit is about to get real".
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Hopefully not heroin...

Oh man. The sheer size of everything's a little bit overwhelming for me. I try to decide what I want to do next after I finish a quest/exploration of a new location and I keep getting sidetracked with other shit.
    I know ! Isn't it amazing !? I was on my way to complete the Gray Mane mission and I got side tracked nasty ... like, 5 hours worth of side quest nasty

Oh ! And if by chance you should encounter and get bitten by a vampire, cure that shit immediately ! You'll become a permanent vampire after three Skyrim days and you'll be attacked my people during the daylight on sight.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Modern Warfare 3 is a piece of shit. Mod 2 played pretty great but had so many conceptual problems. Black Ops had better conceptuals but played like shit. Now Mod 3 plays like shit and has terrible conceptuals. First off....STOP WITH THE KILLSTREAKS. I swear, they put more effort into thinking up new killstreak rewards then they do making a game that properly functions. The guns are either too powerful or not powerful enough, the riot shield sucks, throwing knives always miss or go through guys, the spawn system is absolutely terrible so I've always either got a guy spawning right behind me or I spawn and die. Everyone camps and sits in corners like little bitches. This game basically tells us all 'do you like to run around when you play? THEN YOU WILL SUCK AT MOD 3 THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY IS TO CAMP LIKE YOU HAVE NO BALLS'.

They keep saying 'we're going to make it harder to camp' and they make it EASIER. In Mod 3 you can have a motion sensor AND a heartbeat sensor going...WTF. I have to wait until level 60 to get a semi-automatic which is the only kind of guns I really like to use...ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO? When I played the campaign and found myself actually enjoying it for the first time since WaW I had high hopes for the game....but beating on Veteran was so damn easy it was almost boring and the online component simply sucks. I don't care how nice the game looks or how cool the killstreaks are. I am so totally done with Call of Duty, it can suck my balls. I've stuck with them through the last few average games and this was the acid test and it FAILED. I can't use Riot Shields because the melee sucks, I get knifed through it, shot through it and it's impossible to move without being vulnerable unlike Mod 2, the pistols sucks, the UMP is terrible...it doest not take more than ten bullets to the chest to kill someone, it just doesn't. Hitting a guy in the head three times doesn't kill someone? My accuracy is fucking 24% and guess what, that doesn't help me at all. All that helps is pre-firing, drop shotting, quick scoping, spraying, camping and all around being a little pussy.

What a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible game.
    4 hours ago when I started playing the campaign I disagreed with you. But after taking only 4 hours to beat the main story I agree. I haven't touched the multi player yet so no judgement on that yet. Thank god i got the game for cheap. Too bad I have to wait until Christmas for AC:revelations and Skyrim.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Story - definitely. The art direction, attention to detail, freedom to go wherever you want and do whatever you want at your leisure .... it's invigorating. I've probably only done two story based missions and the rest of the time I've been out exploring.

Hannah - nice ! I'm taking all of next week off, essentially a 9 day vacation for me... guess what I'm overdosing on
    Outstanding! Going to have to be one of my next investments

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Skyrim is essentially Fallout with Dragons and Magic by the sounds of it. Will give it a check out in like six months when it's cheap. As far as I am concerned, Bethesda makes the best games out there. I've spend hundreds of hours roaming the Capitol and Mojave Wastelands...yet I am very prone to being as evil as possible. I have pictures to prove it to...I created crime scenes in the spirit of how excited Dexter would be to find me
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Back to the Future: Deluxe edition, plus dvd rom copies of Wallace & Gromit and Strong Bad: shipped!

And just a couple of hours away from downloading Jurassic Park, fingers crossed!

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

see i have no problem with a game for a change being easy. games seem to be too hard these days. at least for me. so whenever i myself can be able to beat a game, i'm fucking thrilled! so while some say this game or that game is easy for them. it isn't most of the time for me easy. an example is the NEW 'Batman" game i'm only at 8% now. & that for me is far. & i'm still pretty early in the game. 2 hrs in i guess. 7 hrs. left until operation Protocol is going on.

i honestly didn't think i'd get that far!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When playing a game called Lost Odyssey, the first of four cd's was almost all tutorial...i was like what the hell? If I don't get the controls during the first hour of play then I am screwed...lol but it took me like 10 minutes to figure everything out and was like ok I get it now lets move on to something else.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    see i have no problem with a game for a change being easy. games seem to be too hard these days. at least for me. so whenever i myself can be able to beat a game, i'm fucking thrilled! so while some say this game or that game is easy for them. it isn't most of the time for me easy. an example is the NEW 'Batman" game i'm only at 8% now. & that for me is far. & i'm still pretty early in the game. 2 hrs in i guess. 7 hrs. left until operation Protocol is going on.

i honestly didn't think i'd get that far!
    Well in that case, it shouldn't take you too long to complete the whole of the Back to the Future game. If you had the time to do an episode a day, and each ep takes about, hmm, 2 to 3 hours, it could take you a week, maybe 2 to complete it if you really didn't have that much time on your hands. There's even a hint system to help you when you get stuck. You want a game that's easy to complete, Back to the Future may be the best choice (especially since you can't die or even 'fail' in it).

On related news, TellTale finally released Jurassic Park last night, though it was so late for me to download that I couldn't play it last night. I did play half an hour of it this morning, and I've gotta say, I'm liking what I've seen so far. It's certainly different to what they normally do, as there's numerous ways to horribly die in the game if you don't react fast enough (a genuine first for TellTale, but definitely makes sense considering it is a JP game) and there's less 'point-and-click' like their usual stuff and more button mashing, but it works ok in context. The graphics look good, in fact it's probably the best I've seen from TellTale yet, and I'm liking the story too, which is what TellTale do best, really. The framerate looked ok, too. Overall, I'm liking the look of it. Will post more later.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Batman:AC is a great game. I forget how long it would of taken to beat the main story if i was just doing that. But at least they had side missions and things to find unlike MW3 which only has 46 enemy intels to find during your play through and that's it. For me I need at least 12 hours of main story game play for me to consider it a good game.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What if it's episodic, like something from TellTale, where it's 2-3 hours to complete each episode and you have to wait for the next? (Bear in mind, I don't mean episodic like Valve did, in which you play for a fair few hours, get a cliffhanger, and wait twice as long for the supposedly 'next' episode, I mean the kind where it's a monthly wait, maybe 2, tops.)

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

That's fine. Just don't charge $60 for it. I would pay $25 tops for a 4-5 hour game.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fortunatly, a single ep of Sam & Max is about $9 an episode and $35 for a complete season of five. In fact, a lot of TellTale games are reasonably priced like that.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Skyrim is essentially Fallout with Dragons and Magic by the sounds of it. Will give it a check out in like six months when it's cheap. As far as I am concerned, Bethesda makes the best games out there. I've spend hundreds of hours roaming the Capitol and Mojave Wastelands...
    No doubt about it. Between Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Skyrim I've probably spent 400 hours of my life on their games.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just completed ep 1 of Jurassic Park. Thoughts so far? Liking it, but not loving it. It really is very linear, so much so that you can't even control where your character goes, except through selecting "scenarios", which usually consist of 4. The button mashing works well to a degree at capturing the tight thrills of the films. It's not perfect, but at least it does it better to the films than simply running around with guns, shooting shit up, as, let's be honest, running around and shooting dinosaurs up wasn't at all what the films were about, but rather showcasing the fact that, gun or not, when faced with a dinosaur, the fuckers are either too big or too fast to take down, so you're pretty much screwed unless you act fast.

The graphics are alright. Not top of the range, but great at getting the look of the dinos we love from the films, at least, which did have a very distinct look. Really, it's how faithful to the license that TellTale are best at, and here is no exception: although none of the characters are actually from the film, the look and feel of the game suits the film perfectly. Nothing feels out of place, nothing feels like it couldn't have been done in the film. It's neither toned down nor intended for "mature audience only". In that respect, I think the game gets it dead on.

So, judging by the first ep alone, worth it for the authentic Jurassic Park experience, or if you just want to see a game where if you fuck up, you ROYALLY fuck up, with examples including getting crushed by a T-Rex, falling off a cliff and thus breaking your neck, or watch a little girl get turned into dino food.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well that's for me a nice change. though i do have complaints, the controls should be fixed on the next game. make the chracter more easy to move & shit like that. i like that there is a game for a change where you can't die. unlike the ones for the original "NES" where you just die all the fucking time!

on those i can't get past the 1st level. & i doubt many people can cause those games are so shitty. i took a break from 'Back to the future' cause i've been to busy playing 'AC" well "Arkham City" for those who may think it's "Assasins Creed" sorry about my shitty spelling. he he. anyways

i'm at 9% now. 74 trophies & the next main mission is the museum. to rescue Freeze. ok what am i going to expect there & what's all there?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How many are playing DCUO...I just heard it went free and was thinking of trying it out...what are your thoughts?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    well that's for me a nice change. though i do have complaints, the controls should be fixed on the next game. make the chracter more easy to move & shit like that. i like that there is a game for a change where you can't die. unlike the ones for the original "NES" where you just die all the fucking time!
    Oh, a lot of games from TellTale, the makers of Back to the Future, are like that: games designed to challenge you mentally, at your own pace, without having to worry about failing or dying, usually while laughing your arse off. Sam & Max is probably one of my favourite game series ever. Even when you complete the games and know all the solutions, it's always fun to go back and see what hidden jokes there are to find. (My favourite: clicking on the bottle of 'Banang' in Chariots of the Dogs. Max's numerous reactions are priceless!) Not to mention that the games have some of the most brilliant, complex and hysterical twists I've ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    How many are playing DCUO...I just heard it went free and was thinking of trying it out...what are your thoughts?
    I was wondering about that. If I hear it's really good, I may download it, but MMORPGs tend to take up a lot of space, so I'm in no rush to try it. Besides, The Old Republic is coming out in a month. So looking forward to finally playing it!

- Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I've been playing it. I really enjoy it, but I bought it and played a bunch when it was pay to play, so I have the Legendary status for free. It is well worth spending the one payment to get legendary status(otherwise you only have 2 character slots and the money limitations can be super annoying. You should certainly give it a shot. It is very cool actually getting to interact and work for/with so many actual DC characters. It plays a lot different than Champions or CoH/V, though, so don't go in expecting that. If you play, my main hero is Vicus and my main Villain is Errant. Lately I am usually on one of those two.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Have you played it then, Razz?

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition was a great pickup brand new for 20 bucks. Can't wait for the New Vegas Compilation edition with all DLC's in february. So much cheaper to borrow and play then purchase the game with all DLCs. I'm all for taking over the Mojave Wasteland again.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I give the slight edge to Fallout 3, but New Vegas is still a damn good game. A bit more meat in the story too.

Country
    Country Flag

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition was a great pickup brand new for 20 bucks. Can't wait for the New Vegas Compilation edition with all DLC's in february. So much cheaper to borrow and play then purchase the game with all DLCs. I'm all for taking over the Mojave Wasteland again.
    I picked up the FO3 GOTY and loved it. I've played all main game quests and all but two of the DLC. I was so excited to play NV after I beat FO3 that I grabbed it on Steam a couple months ago. Then I heard that they were releasing the NV Ultimate. I wish I had waited a little bit longer then i would of grabbed that version. I like being able to have all the DLC in on package instead of spending close $100 for the game and all the DLC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 321 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast