1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 321 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

time to get re-acquainted with the old school PlayStation since Sony failed to adapt memory card ports into the PS3 design. I get that it has a hard-drive memory and that you can download PS & PS2 games onto it, but for those of us who purchased those games on their original consoles we should not have to pay for them all over again in order to save files on the system. Yet another fatal flaw, along with the odd and unendearing quirk that the console is backwards-compatible with PS but not PS2 :\, that's allowing Microsoft to stomp Sony almost completely out of the market. Anyway, thinkin it's time to reboot the classic Final Fantasys.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    time to get re-acquainted with the old school PlayStation since Sony failed to adapt memory card ports into the PS3 design. I get that it has a hard-drive memory and that you can download PS & PS2 games onto it, but for those of us who purchased those games on their original consoles we should not have to pay for them all over again in order to save files on the system. Yet another fatal flaw, along with the odd and unendearing quirk that the console is backwards-compatible with PS but not PS2 :\, that's allowing Microsoft to stomp Sony almost completely out of the market. Anyway, thinkin it's time to reboot the classic Final Fantasys.
    If you have the old backwards compatible PS3 all you need to do is buy a transfer unit. I did that and still play some of my old games. I also went and re bought the FF games so I can play on my PSP. what's cool is I was able to use my old saves and pick up where I left off.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Have ye looked into mods for it yet? O:
    also, Steam ID. kthnx.
    Nope haven't checked out any mods yet. I only got the game a few weeks ago. I figured i would try and beat the game before modding it. Even with Fallout 3 I didn't really add any mods. The only ones I added were ones that added music to Three dogs radio station.

Now if you were to look at my Oblivion game I have TONS of mods for that. I have so many you wouldn't really even know it was the same game.

And my gamertags are

Steam: Tatts4Life
    Xbox 360 Tatts4Life
    PS3 Tatts4Life1 I guess tatts4life was taken

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got that pesky "Stand-In" achievement today. :3

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    If you have the old backwards compatible PS3 all you need to do is buy a transfer unit. I did that and still play some of my old games. I also went and re bought the FF games so I can play on my PSP. what's cool is I was able to use my old saves and pick up where I left off.
    I still can't stomach Sony's inconsistencies, nor the fact that their "apology" was a choice of 2 of 5 of the most insignificant titles i've ever heard of.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Still looking for Oblivion mods that make the game not sucks btw.
    Have yet to find any.

Also, I can recommend a few mods for Fallout 3 if you are interested. Not so many for NV though. |:

Spoiler:
    Tools

Fallout Script Extender (Required for some mods)
    http://fose.silverlock.org/

Archive Invalidation Invalidated
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

Cosmetic (character and game)

Hair Pack
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1146

Fellout
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2672

Town of Girdershade

Mart's Mutant Mod
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3211

Dimonized Type Three body replacer (warning - contained nudity)
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4280

Fixes/Radio

Hamada Radio Station
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9480

GNR Announcement Fix (Broken Steel)
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6901

Quests

The Mantis Imperative
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloa...e.php?id=12296

The Last Child of Gallifrey (doctor who quest :3)
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloa...e.php?id=14107

Firefly Ranch (personal favorite)
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9420

Equipment

Advanced Recon Gear (might not include everything, but great for those Dark Fellout Nights)
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2654
    nice I'll check them out.

OH also last night I FINALLY got the achievement for catching the cube covered in blue goo before it hit the ground in Portal 2. Now all I need for the single player game is Overclocker which I can't seem to get for some reason and the one for breaking 11 TV monitors.

My Mood
    Brooding

Oh...something of note for all my fellow gamers i've been meaning to pass along: search for a device called the "Retro Duo". Some underground/secondhand stores possess it; i'm sure it's available somewhere online as well. It's an unsanctioned console that plays both NES and SNES cartridges. If you have any interest in the device but cannot find it, inbox me and ask; i'll gladly purchase one from the plethora in the local hobby shop's cache and mail it to you in exchange for the operating price (i'll pay shipping).

Country
    Country Flag

I love how the PS3 can sinc up with Steam for achievements, But I hate that you can't sync your steam account to the PS3. What I mean is I can earn a trophy on the PS3 which then can post as earning an achievement on steam. But if I'm playing on Steam it won't allow me to earn the trophy. While the PSN was down I didn't really touch the PS3 since there was no point trying to play multi player when the network wasn't up. Well while playing Portal 2 I earned 3 or 4 achievements on Steam but I have to earn them all over again on the PS3 to get the trophy.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, i really need to check out Fallout 3. And now with an xbox360 and a new laptop, i finally have not one but two ways to do just that!

Well, actually, make that one, since the xbox isn't reading a single disc at the moment and it looks like i'll need to get it serviced already (still, you buy 2nd hand, you shouldn't be too surprised). And it's gonna be a while before I'll get to Fallout 3 anyway, even if i did buy it on pc. For a very, very good reason though, and oddly enough, it's nothing to do with any of the games i bought yesterday in the shop (which included BioShock, Crysis and Dead Space, and it's just the former 2 i've played out of those so far), but a game i downloaded off gog.com a few days ago, despite thinking that it wouldn't run on my pc at the time. I was right, it didn't, but for $5 for a game only a few years old and with as much promise as it had, i thought it would definitely be a good game to buy while the offer lasted.

The game was The Witcher, and ever since i got my new laptop i've been addicted to it. Not enjoy for an hour or so and then head off feeling satisfied: addicted. I haven't played a game this immersive in a really long while. The fact that it looks fantastic is one aspect, and so is the feeling of exploration and freedom of choice, but where this game really counts is in its story and its characters. It's dark, it's mature, and it's got that wonderful added edge of giving you difficult choices to make. I've been wanting to play it ever since i heard about it in 2007, and i've been wanting to play it even more when i heard that the 2nd one was released (on my birthday, of all days!). Gotta say, it was worth the wait.

Right now, just constantly looking at the clock, seeing how long it'll be before i can finish work and get back to playing the Witcher. Gotta say, it's been a long time since i've done that!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Look at the forums and see how many people are selling their PS3's and/or switching over to XBOX because of this. Not to mention that they're getting slapped with several lawsuits. Sony is definitely losing money over this.
    agreed; but it's not going to be remedied by consumers switching their allegiance to xbox. remember the "red ring" fiasco? it all stems from companies being far too concerned with getting a less-than-perfect model on the assembly line to beat their opposition to the store shelves w/o realizing and/or caring about the indisputable fact that they would sell far more of their product w/far greater customer satisfaction if they sold something that worked the way a fucking 400 dollar device ought to. the bullshit isn't going to stop until and unless competitors stop fearing each other and start innovating again. Seriously, this last generation of consoles was less than impressive anyway. It's predecessors had upgraded THEIR predecessors by leaping from CD-ROM to DVD-ROM. DVD-ROM to Blu-Ray is supposed to be an "upgrade"? Seriously? that's like telling me that crack is different from coke just because you cook it.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    On a side note; Played the new MK a couple times this weekend and am def a fan. What do you guys think?
    Love the new Mortal Kombat. I've been a fan of the series since the first installment so it's refreshing to see that they've dropped all the gimmicks in favor of going back to their roots.

I always master Sub Zero and Raiden first as they've been my go-to guys for ages. I also really , really like Cyrax. Can't stand Smoke's new look though.
    We debated over Sub and Scorp somewhere else but Raiden is my 2nd go to and one that I master in any of the MK games I have had
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Brooding

I am dreading Square/Enix releasing yet another Final Fantasy "online". absolutely NOT the format the franchise was meant to, nor should ever, operate under. anymore they're tryin too hard to compete with the Elder Scrolls, which, while the same relative genre, isn't...oh, htf would one say it? It'd be like Stephen King trying to make TDT be LotR.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's predecessors had upgraded THEIR predecessors by leaping from CD-ROM to DVD-ROM. DVD-ROM to Blu-Ray is supposed to be an "upgrade"? Seriously? that's like telling me that crack is different from coke just because you cook it.
    Wait, you're implying that blu-ray is not a substantial leap in quality from DVD ? If so you are dead wrong my friend. Blu-ray is able to hold much, much more data than a standard dvd. It's the reason that Final Fantasy XIII-PS3 required only one disc, while Xbox required three.

I was one of the people that initially called hyperbole, but when you compare the DVD and blu-ray version of anything side by side, the difference between the two is enough to fill an abyss. There's a reason why the dvd sections of primary retailers are getting smaller and smaller while the blu ray section is growing larger and larger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    We debated over Sub and Scorp somewhere else but Raiden is my 2nd go to and one that I master in any of the MK games I have had
    Sub-Zero is my character when I know I'm about to engage a more technical player, but if I'm going up against a player that loves to utilize their characters speed , then I choose Raiden. Fight fire with fire and all that.

I am dreading Square/Enix releasing yet another Final Fantasy "online". absolutely NOT the format the franchise was meant to, nor should ever, operate under. anymore they're tryin too hard to compete with the Elder Scrolls, which, while the same relative genre, isn't...oh, htf would one say it? It'd be like Stephen King trying to make TDT be LotR.
    I agree. I had hoped that Square Enix learned from the complete fiasco that was FF XIV, but apparently not. I saw this article on IGN not too long that showed how SE's sales have been on a steady decline this past decade.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good way to put it feev! Yeah I basically do the same only with scorpion

On an unrelated (but videogame) note: I just put my N64 and 360 on ebay so if you're in the market for good bundles priced to move on either, I suggest you check them out via my profile
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Brooding

more data, perhaps, but i was referring to visual/depth quality. watching a movie on blu-ray after watching it on regular DVD is no different than watching a program on regular TV then on HD. subtle, minor differences. most consumers aren't competent enough to comprehend the impact of data/memory.

as for Square, yeah, totally. I was blown away by their avenues on the PS2, save for the ignominious FF XI, although even that was magnificent, save for the fact it shouldn't have been labeled FF. I actually lean toward the extremely unpopular opinion that FF XII exceeded FF VII as the best overall in the series. i know why VII's fans are XII's detractors; but it's illogical. XII excelled everywhere that, for its own time, VII did: better graphics, expanded locations, new format, innovative gameplay/battle system, improved advancement (i.e., leveling), in-depth story/character arc & design, fresh musical score, etc etc. And it did so on a grander scale. But i digress.

XIII, although i have not yet engaged it personally, i have seen, and thus harbor little desire to. it seems to me to be a hybrid of X, X-2, and XII, which in essence is REgression, not PROgress.

My Mood
    Brooding

more data, perhaps, but i was referring to visual/depth quality. watching a movie on blu-ray after watching it on regular DVD is no different than watching a program on regular TV then on HD. subtle, minor differences. most consumers aren't competent enough to comprehend the impact of data/memory.

as for Square, yeah, totally. I was blown away by their avenues on the PS2, save for the ignominious FF XI, although even that was magnificent, save for the fact it shouldn't have been labeled FF. I actually lean toward the extremely unpopular opinion that FF XII exceeded FF VII as the best overall in the series. i know why VII's fans are XII's detractors; but it's illogical. XII excelled everywhere that, for its own time, VII did: better graphics, expanded locations, new format, innovative gameplay/battle system, improved advancement (i.e., leveling), in-depth story/character arc & design, fresh musical score, etc etc. And it did so on a grander scale. But i digress.

XIII, although i have not yet engaged it personally, i have seen, and thus harbor little desire to. it seems to me to be a hybrid of X, X-2, and XII, which in essence is REgression, not PROgress.
    sadly, i probably will buy it, just because of its title, thus weakening my own psyche and strengthening that of the collective herd to whom the corporate masses hope to pander

Country
    Country Flag

It's predecessors had upgraded THEIR predecessors by leaping from CD-ROM to DVD-ROM. DVD-ROM to Blu-Ray is supposed to be an "upgrade"? Seriously? that's like telling me that crack is different from coke just because you cook it.
    Wait, you're implying that blu-ray is not a substantial leap in quality from DVD ? If so you are dead wrong my friend. Blu-ray is able to hold much, much more data than a standard dvd. It's the reason that Final Fantasy XIII-PS3 required only one disc, while Xbox required three.

I was one of the people that initially called hyperbole, but when you compare the DVD and blu-ray version of anything side by side, the difference between the two is enough to fill an abyss. There's a reason why the dvd sections of primary retailers are getting smaller and smaller while the blu ray section is growing larger and larger.
    The day i watched my first Blu-ray i knew there would be no going back to DVD ever. The look of Blu-ray is amazing. Plus you can do so many cool interactive things with the movies. I still don't get why my dad won't just give up and buy a blu-ray player. He's still buying dvd's to this day. SHIT even my 80 something grandmother has a blu-ray player now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    The day i watched my first Blu-ray i knew there would be no going back to DVD ever.
    I feel the exact same way. I can't remember what the last DVD I bought was, it's been blu-ray all the way for the better part of 3 years.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Streaming HD video will be the way of the future, though, not blue-ray.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

I feel the exact same way. I can't remember what the last DVD I bought was, it's been blu-ray all the way for the better part of 3 years.
    I still own some DVD and will watch them sometimes. Still waiting for the extended edition of Lord of the rings to come out on blu-ray though.
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Streaming HD video will be the way of the future, though, not blue-ray.
    Also true. I don't remember the last Blu-ray I bought since I got netflix. Now I only buy thee movies I REALLY love.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What version are you playing, original or enhanced? Cause I heard the original was buggy as hell, and also had something of a crap English translation, but the Enhanced version pretty much had at least most of the bugs removed and with a better translation. I'm playing the Enhanced Edition, but i know you can patch the original up to EE quality off the main website.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Brooding

buying an xbox360 for the g/f's birthday in two weeks...20 bucks says i don't get to play it until sometime next year

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

buying an xbox360 for the g/f's birthday in two weeks...20 bucks says i don't get to play it until sometime next year
    You should cop my bundle off eBay, crazy value price man

My Mood
    Brooding

wish i could but all the money we have is in HER account and she'd flip shit

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Icic, know how that is. Well maybe when it is closer if I still have it (though I hope that is not the case b/c I wanted to get the money from paypal before my birthday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 321 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast