1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 321 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, wonderful game

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Bards are my favorite class. If you get it, buy the Everquest Anniversary Edition. It is only $20 U.S. and has all of the expansions that are out now in it.

It can be a fun game. I think I am just jaded with the genre after playing so many.
    Ah cool - that'd be spot on - cheers Chris!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently playing the new Zelda game for DS (Phantom Hourglass). Its pretty sweet. At first I thought the idea of doing everything on the touch screen would be a pain in the butt, but its very unique and fun to play.

On a more urgent note...

Does anyone remember an old arcade fantasy game? This would have been 5-7 years ago...It was the game that got me hooked on video games. I'm trying to find out what its called so I can emulate it. I think it may have come out on one of the systems at the time (PS1? N 64? Dreamcast?). You controlled 3-4 people in a fantasy role playing setting.

Gunslinger Apprentice al'Lan Mandragoran is on a distinguished road al'Lan Mandragoran's Avatar

I'm thinking a Final Fantasy...
    Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. - al'Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandragoran View Post
    I'm thinking a Final Fantasy...
    3?
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I know it wasnt a FF. Grrr. I cant even remember what system or anything. It might have been PC for all I know. Anyways, if anyone has a lemme know!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea on that sorry, but I'm currently playing Phantom Hourglass too and loving it! Want to swap friend codes? I think we can battle and possibly trade stuff (I'll have to read the booklet again!)

How far along are you? I'm in the Temple of the Ocean King for the 3rd time (after Ciela has got her memory back).

Country
    Country Flag

I dont have the foggiest idea of what I friend code is but when I do, I'll let you know.

I'm currently near the same part as you, Just beat the wind boss in the second dungeon and instead of heading back to theTemple of Sea King I'm just wandering the ocean a little bit finding some hidden islands. Theres one just south and a little east of Bannan island where you meet a golden frog that gives you an item that allows you to collect patterns from the golden frogs you see swimming around the ocean and then you can use the patterns to travel to different parts of the ocean. Havent gotten any codes yet but it sounds like a much easier way to travel long distances.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie.Darko View Post
    Currently playing the new Zelda game for DS (Phantom Hourglass). Its pretty sweet. At first I thought the idea of doing everything on the touch screen would be a pain in the butt, but its very unique and fun to play.

On a more urgent note...

Does anyone remember an old arcade fantasy game? This would have been 5-7 years ago...It was the game that got me hooked on video games. I'm trying to find out what its called so I can emulate it. I think it may have come out on one of the systems at the time (PS1? N 64? Dreamcast?). You controlled 3-4 people in a fantasy role playing setting.
    Are you thinking of Gauntlet?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I dont have the foggiest idea of what I friend code is but when I do, I'll let you know.
    You have to have access to wi-fi to get one, I think you select the wifi option at the start on the menu screen.
    I'm currently near the same part as you, Just beat the wind boss in the second dungeon and instead of heading back to theTemple of Sea King I'm just wandering the ocean a little bit finding some hidden islands.
    Actually I'm a bit ahead - you have to return to the SK temple a couple of times - you get a code to open a door that lets you access different rooms. I've been on the Ghost Ship - i think I'm heading for the 5th boss?

Theres one just south and a little east of Bannan island where you meet a golden frog that gives you an item that allows you to collect patterns from the golden frogs you see swimming around the ocean and then you can use the patterns to travel to different parts of the ocean. Havent gotten any codes yet but it sounds like a much easier way to travel long distances.
    It is much easier! I have 2 codes so far.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I finally got around to starting Twilight Princess this past weekend (about 7 hours into it), here are my thoughts on it thus far:

What I like - The graphics are amazing as usual, which is a characteristic that most Gamecube/Wii games are known for. I like the additional skills that the creators added to the second-nature moves such as the backflip or the spin attack. Playing as the wolf is fun also, but it can be a little tedious at times, which brings me to..

What I don't like - The Twilight realm : maybe it's because my eyes are sensitive to light, but sometimes I feel as if all the opposing and contrasting (and might I add bright?) colors at the screen at once are going to give me a seizure. I'm also a little disappointed that they keep re-using some of the old dungeon baddies (the slugs on the fire dungeon from the Ocarina, the deku plants also from Ocarina, the pig-wielding shits from Windwaker) and themes from previous games (Haven't we gone through the whole Goron tribe leader makes hasty decision to run into Death Mountain and meet and unfortunate [albeit temporary] situation before?).

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I know FP probably going to kick me in the nuts, but here it goes.

I 'finally' finished GOWII.

My reaction Wow

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Magic > Doom > Cast > Storyslinger!

How long did it take you to pass it? And don't trip, it took me about 4 months to pass FFXII (it was an on and off type thing).

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

About Three Months on-off

Now I'm going back to get the urns

By the way, I never beat any FF but X-2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(head explodes)

Now that is a sad , sad song. How many FF's have you played?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 10-2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And you've only passed X-2?!?! You must not want the story to end

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, never

Now I need a new game, any you'd recommend
    I like rpg games mainly and for PS2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Try out the first Dark Cloud, it's amazing. It's an RPG although you don't use the traditional turn-based system, it plays more like an action game. And in this game, leveling up is actually fun! Try it out, you'll thank me

Gunslinger Apprentice al'Lan Mandragoran is on a distinguished road al'Lan Mandragoran's Avatar

Radiata Stories, definitly. All rpg lovers need to play it at least once, though it's often childish. If you like a strategic rpg, you might like Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front. That's a hard one... I never could beat hard mode.
    Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. - al'Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The most recent RPG I've played is Legend Of Dragoon I believe so I couldn't be much help.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There is this new RPG series that Square Enix is developing for the PS3 which people are claiming to be the spiritual successor of Final Fantasy (Although it will have nothing to do with said series). I don't remember what it's called but I know it's been popping up more and more in game mags lately.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to check it out. Square/Squaresoft/Square Enix or whatever the hell they call themselves always make the best games as far as I'm concerned.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I saw in the magazine it looks like it's going to be a pretty solid series. They're looking to take this series in a completely new direction : new battle systems, new worlds, new landscapes etc. I must admit though, the battle system is what has me intrigued the most; apparently you will fight about 100 enemies on the screen at once, literally! How they'll manage to keep 100 enemies on the screen at once without noticeable lags and still keep that RPG feel will certainly be worth seeing/playing.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That does sound interesting. I am curious too now although I don't own a PS3.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 321 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast