• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 321 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I played Firewatch a long time ago and loved it, too. Amazing game. Also started Lake and need to get back to that, very wholesome. As I get older, it's games like this that really excite me and I enjoy playing. Not anything with lots of action.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Do you need to have played the previous Life is Strange games before True Colors? I get the sense they're all stand alone narratives, but not sure if there's like an overlapping world or lore that will obfuscate playing it. I've alctually bought the first season and Before The Storm, but if I won't lose much context, I'll likely play True Colors first since it's on Game Pass.
    It's hard for me to say to skip LIS1 and BTS and just start with True Colors. There are pros and cons to this. Pro: the story is indeed stand-alone and doesn't reference the other games in its actual plot. Hmm... I think that's the only pro I can think of. Cons: there is a major character that reprises their role from the earlier games, though references are minimized in the main game (in the DLC chapter they're plenty and central). I prefer to play games in a series in order, so as to see how things progress over time. The only truly disconnected game in the series so far is LIS2, but even that has a character form the first game reprising their role, though in a more minor way.

LIS is my favorite game series, so my suggestion is to always play from the start. Up to you, of course, but I think you will have a richer experience with True Colors that way.

Yeah, it's just more me not knowing how long it's on Game Pass. If it's on there for a year then it likely won't be a problem. But if it's like a short stint I'm afraid I'll get through the first 3 in the series and then True Colours will be gone. It'll likely be a year or two before True Colors in on sale nice and cheap like the previous games were when I picked them up. I don't know exactly how the Life is Strange games play, but I get the sense they're similar to the Telltale model, heavy narrative with fairly passive gameplay and as much as I enjoy those games, I need to space those kinds of games out. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably just play them in order. Maybe I'll get to True colours by the end of the summer.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure! And yes they’re definitely similar to The Walking Dead by Telltale.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spec Ops: The Line is a pretty great game. It definitely lives up to the reputation. Tells a really good, interesting story in a fascinating location with some gritty damn game play. Playing it through on Suicide difficulty first reminded me of how I've played all the Gears of War games only on the hardest difficulty available and they're punishing. While the story and themes would be less relevant now than ten years ago, it's a shame that this game wasn't made a few years later to really take advantage of Dubai and make the environment bigger and more intricate and more alive because it's a great setting for a game.

The Great Escape is a pretty alright game. It's narrative driven and the gameplay is pretty much non-existent, being that you're mostly moving, jumping over gorges, and playing the slowest game of Simon ever to play your guitar. That said, the graphics and the visuals and the entire experience is pretty amazing and that alone makes it worth the 4-5 hours it takes to play through the game. You can also easily get all your Achievements/Trophies in one playthrough so it's a nice boost. If only there was more gameplay. The game itself alludes to the environments being deadly and dangerous, but there isn't any danger. SOME kind of threat could've helped the gameplay keep you engaged a little more.

Kind of feel like replaying Metro Exodus now. Being in the sands of Dubai made me think about the desert Caspian level in Exodus and how awesome it is.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to Survivor. I'm really hoping this story line shows up live action.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Finally coming to PC and I'll be able to play! And hope Part 2 isn't far behind:

Country
    Country Flag

This also looks fantastic and chill:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY GOT MY PS5!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    FINALLY GOT MY PS5!!!
    Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This looks likes No Mans Sky directed by Zack Snyder. Where's all the color??

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the new Ratchet & Clank game but man it is wayyyy too short. I pretty much completed the base game and %100'd it in less than 15 hours. That's ridiculous.

I think I'm moving on to Deathloop next.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

fucking A congrats i do hope ya enjoy it you can now play your PS4 games on it as well

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally finishing off my first runthrough of Fallout 4, which I started over two years ago. Last time I picked the game up I got way into Settlement Building and ignored advancing the story. Since I wanted to do the Minuteman alignment on my first play through, I was hesitant at advancing too far and screwing it up, generally, this is meant to be my "good" play through since the Minutemen Men seem to the best faction for the Commonwealth. However, as things are panning out, it turns out I'm a right bitch, traitor, snake in the grass, who will murder anyone, no matter how much trust they have in me.

FALLOUT 4 SPOILERS BELOW BUT YOU'VE LIKELY ALREADY PLAYED IT BY NOW OR DON'T CARE SO NOT USING SPOILER TAGS

The first faction I went far with was The Railroad. They're also a faction that seems to be want to make The Commonwealth a better place, but unlike the Minutemen they are so focused on a core fight that anything beyond that is unimportant to them. I helped them free some synths and did tons of radiant quests, installing their tech around the commonwealth and such. They were a really secretive, distrusting bunch, but I managed to win them over by helping them free and protect synths.

But then I got in the The Brotherhood, who are neutral on The Railroad beyond them being a nuisance to their own mission, and they don't seem to have any issues with The Minutemen that I can see. So for a bit I'm playing off all three sides, earning the loyalty of them all. Then it's time to go check out The Institute and discover muh goodness, my missing Son is their leader and he's all old! What a twist! How can I do this espionage against them and my own son? What kind of mother could do that? But I am also loyal to these other factions. I take the holotape of Institute data first to my own people in Sanctuary, and then I deliver it to the Brotherhood.

Wanting to get closer to my son, I do a bunch of missions for The Institute that are pretty dicey and shady at times, but I get the jobs done. Then I find out my son is dying, and he is naming me as his successor to lead The Institute. The other leaders there don't trust me as my son does. And it seems they were right.

I returned to The Brotherhood and help them rebuild Liberty Prime and I also convince Madison Li to defect back to The Brotherhood to help rebuilding Liberty Prime to destroy The Institute. But then the data I stole from The Institute reveals that my loyal companion, Paladin Danse of The Brotherhood of Steel, is a SYNTH!! Elder Maxon orders me to execute Danse. I can't do it though, but Maxon thought so and shows up to execute me for treason, but I convince him to allow Danse to live and we both lie that Danse was executed. Despite losing Maxon's trust, I regained it, and then was made a Paladin in Danse's stead. That's awesome! I'm General of the Minutemen, Successor to Institute Leadership, and Paladin of the Brotherhood of Steel! That's a lot of power! I have three faction showing great trust in me.

So when Elder Maxon decides he's had enough of the pesky Railroad, he tells me to go murder them all. Kindly Tinker Tom, righteous Desdemona, and firey Doctor Carrington. I show up to the Old North Church and begin mowing them town with heavy weaponry with my Pink deathmachine robot companion Ada, including my loyal companion Deacon. When I return to The Brotherhood and fly to the Mass Fusion business, the Institute bans me and becomes my enemy. First I have to murder an entire faction who trusted me, then I betrayed my own son and I've earmarked his society for destruction and literally built the giant robot that will do it. I don't like who The Brotherhood has made me become. I've murdered good people and signed the death warrant for my own son. After this mission at the Mass Fusion building, I'm going to have to return to the Minutemen and lead them to wipe out The Brotherhood who must go.

And while then I may be the last one standing with my Minutemen, I know when I go visit Nuka world I will have to send raiders to the Commonwealth to take out the settlements I spent so much time building and all those people I've given a home, are going to be slaughtered. Then I suppose I'll have to kill those Raiders when I'm done that. Lord knows what is going to happen in Far Harbour.

This was supposed to be my "Good" playthrough....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I picked up the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One PS4 combo pack at a used store for $20 the other day. I've played all the games already and even got platinum on KH3 but my daugther's ex "borrowed" my discs and never gave them back.

I had already played the final mix version of KH2 and gotten 100% completion but was still missing a couple of trophies. Now the only one I have left is to finish the game on critical.

I usually play the games on easy or standard because I just don't have the time to spend hours and hours studying the patterns of enemies and coming up with strategies on how to beat them. I just want to play and have fun for a hour or so every night.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally decided to use some of my wealth of rewards points toward picking up DBZ Kakarot while it's on sale. It only ended up costing me 5 bucks including tax. I've always liked playing DBZ games. I was super addicted to Burst Limit on the 360. I was enjoying DB Fighter Z, but it was also kind of strange and repetitive so it was hard to stay engaged. I couldn't get into Xenoverse 2 at all. It sounded like a fun concept, but the open-world aspect was just killing it for me. From what I can tell about Kakarot it's supposed to be a good combination of the standard replaying the DBZ storyline with the open world approach of Xenoverse.

Country
    Country Flag

This is literally one of the best video game series of all time for me, and I so very much hope the third one will actually be made:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 321 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast