Hey Candice, great to see you here! I completely hear you on the kinds of games you prefer, they're not what most gamers are really into, sadly. Me personally, I shy away from online gaming almost completely, games have pretty much always been a single-player experience for me. But on the other hand, I like almost every kind of game. Right now on my PC I've got a bunch of games installed from The Sims 4 to the latest Assassin's Creed.

I mostly prefer heavily story- and choice-based role-playing games, so the online and community approach doesn't really work with that. I know most won't be up your alley, probably, but I recently posted a list of my favorite games of the last decade here. For games that are more to what you prefer, that aren't first- or third-person, I would highlight Disco Elysium, Kentucky Route Zero, Elsinore, Oxenfree, and Night in the Woods. Also, Eliza and Butterfly Soup, which are visual novels, but technically games.

Elsinore and Oxenfree are probably the more unique ones, plot-wise. Elsinore is based on Hamlet, so it's not unique in that sense, but how it takes the plot of that well-known story and where it goes is just minblowing. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.