1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 321 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There are numerous developers who develop their games for the Xbox and it gets ported to the PS3. Evidently, Bethesda games are the absolute worst for it. Numerous people have told me both Fallouts and Skyrim are loaded full of bugs.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've been on an 8-bit / 32-bit rampage lately.

in the past month I've played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - I went for the Super Sonic trophy, those bonus stages are a B*TCH - Mega Man 9 & 10, Shovel Knight (excellent platforming PSN game), and have Final Fantasy VI next.
    I couldn't beat Mega Man 9...damn castle. I went on a similar kick not to long ago..replayed FF9, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

On the character development angle, games are definitely a lot better in that respect than they ever used to be. I really like the way Assassin's Creed developed a few of their main characters. The Walking Dead Tell-Tale series does a good job with it's characters (if they survive lol). Going further, a game like FF9 has a tremendous level of character development and is one of the few games you can really see an entire cast of characters overcome trauma's and miseries. The big factor in games lacking character development still today is interactivity. Our decisions and how we interact with characters in some games now affects how they view you, treat you, or even if they manage to survive (go Mass Effect 2 ending where everyone dies haha). Because games have so much gameplay we tend to get a lot more of 'this is exactly who this character is', especially with shooters, not to mention the growing trend of immersive and varied RPG's like Fallout where character development is exactly what you make it.

And speaking of which.......FALLOUT 4.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fallout 4 is now at the tip top of my Wish List. I can't wait to drop another 200 hours into a Bethesda game lol.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It took every once of willpower not to start up a new fallout 3 game immediately after watching that trailer.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I never had any problems with Fallout 3 for the Xbox. New Vegas was definitely a little glitchy. I had borrowed New Vegas originally and played it through multiple times without any issue. When my friend moved in and I borrowed his copy, glitches galore, and same with the Deluxe Edition I bought in the fall. The only I reason I probably haven't started a new Fallout 3 game is because I spent a lot of time with New Vegas and I'd probably totally procrastinate everything haha.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Replaying Fallout 3...it's just amazing how different Fallout 3 is to New Vegas, and yet how similar they are at the same time. The chaos and lack of order is far different from the more civilized Mojave Wasteland. And what populates it, from the crazy number of super mutants and raiders, the slavers down the very different wildlife that is mostly out in the sticks, and unlike New Vegas. Fallout 3 has tons of radiation, while New Vegas has less radiation but tons of animals that will poison you. 3 is a lot more linear in a lot of ways than New Vegas, where many options and outcomes exist for quests and inside the dialogue itself. The atmosphere in Fallout 3 is a lot more dead and depressing and life just seems all around harder. New Vegas also kinds of makes you follow a path at the beginning (since taking any kind of shortcut means deathclaw city and death, where as in Fallout 3, once you're out of the fault you can go anywhere you want. I explored a good half of the map before I even ventured into D.C. or entered The Metro, since there's just so much to do there.

Both games are great and while New Vegas has more varied options and gameplay (I miss the iron sights on guns and the variety of mods/unique weapons that existed in New Vegas), Fallout 3 is definitely just a better game. This is my third or fourth time through the game and it's still fun and just so damn much to do.

Here's a funny story from my play through. For the Strictly Business quest, I had just put a slave collar on Susan Lancaster at Tenpenny Tower. She ran out of her room and the guard got all upset at me and started shooting. So I went back into the room and used a stealth boy to hide. The guard came into the room to find me, and Irving Cheng (the head of the Tenpenny council) afterwards also entered into the room, and the security guard shot him dead right away, spraying his blood all over the door. I was laughing so hard, I stood Cheng on his head and dropped him in the toilet. Aside from the bullet holes, perhaps they'll think he just partied too hard.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha, that's fucking awesome.

Yeah, all things factored, I too consider Fallout 3 to be the superior game. It doesn't really trump anything in New Vegas gameplay wise, but the aesthetic just make it feel like more of a helpless, bleak environment for me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the pure chaos of it. Having to explore the metro to access otherwise inaccessible areas (played the game three times before I stumbled across Arlington Cemetery) and there is just so many unmarked locations along the way. Not knowing that down this metro tunnel is raiders or super mutants or feral ghouls is awesome. New Vegas was so much order to it, and everyone had their own kind of districts, where as there really are no districts in Fallout 3. Everyone is just trying to kill each other. A freaking Outcast BoS guy blew me up with a rocket launcher as he killed the raiders I was fighting with simultaneously.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue 3? Yes please.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

in the past month I've played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - I went for the Super Sonic trophy, those bonus stages are a B*TCH - Mega Man 9 & 10, Shovel Knight (excellent platforming PSN game), and have Final Fantasy VI next.
    I just finished Shovel Knight last night. Tons of fun. I'm really looking forward to Bro Force coming to PSN soon.

For me, retro gaming isn't a phase. I'm constantly going back and forth (when there's time) between retro games and current ones. I'm actually only one or two retro consoles away from the ones I want, meaning the main ones. I just bought an N64 a few weeks back and have been working through Donkey Kong 64. I'm still looking for a Sega Saturn.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    There are numerous developers who develop their games for the Xbox and it gets ported to the PS3. Evidently, Bethesda games are the absolute worst for it. Numerous people have told me both Fallouts and Skyrim are loaded full of bugs.
    Yeah I'm kind of pissed I kept buying them on the PS3 when Microsoft was obviously the more superior system in my case. Oh and Microsoft finally having backwards compatibility for the Xbox one just might make me get the system. I haven't bought one because I just don't have the room for another system in my entertainment center. But it sounds like all the games I still play should become backwards compatible. I hope my girls Disney infinity games are on the list. I'm sure they will be. And if they are the it will make getting an Xbox one that much easier. Still not too interested in getting a ps4 though. But seeing a remake of FF7 is pretty cool.
    Fallout 4 is now at the tip top of my Wish List. I can't wait to drop another 200 hours into a Bethesda game lol.
    OMFG I NEED the pipboy edition but it looks like it sold out before I could even think about getting it earlier this week. I showed some kids at the pool whole love FO3 and they lost their shit when they saw the pipboy "worked" with the game using an app.
    Also my girls geeked out when they saw minecraft with Hololens.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been Retro gaming lately too, and also played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 recently, the bonus rounds get ridiculously irritating very very quickly haha, playing Final Fantasy VII again now.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of pissed I kept buying them on the PS3 when Microsoft was obviously the more superior system in my case. Oh and Microsoft finally having backwards compatibility for the Xbox one just might make me get the system. I haven't bought one because I just don't have the room for another system in my entertainment center. But it sounds like all the games I still play should become backwards compatible. I hope my girls Disney infinity games are on the list. I'm sure they will be. And if they are the it will make getting an Xbox one that much easier. Still not too interested in getting a ps4 though. But seeing a remake of FF7 is pretty cool.
    OMFG I NEED the pipboy edition but it looks like it sold out before I could even think about getting it earlier this week. I showed some kids at the pool whole love FO3 and they lost their shit when they saw the pipboy "worked" with the game using an app.
    You're saying XBOX 360 was the superior system in your case, which means you're not saying it's the more superior system in general. I'm just curious as to what makes it the more superior system to you?

For me, PS3 was the far superior system. For my needs and tastes, there's nothing that 360 had over PS3. From the controller, to the exclusive games, to the Blu-ray, PS3 was just perfect for me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Xbox was a better system for online.play. Matchmaking was instantaneous, while PSN seemed to take forever at times. I'm sure there is little difference now that PSN has a fee too. I prefer the Xbox 360 contoller for the triggers and the analog stick placement. Really, though, the main difference between them came down to exlusive titles. I think Sony had better exclusives, though Xbox had some great ones too. On the flipside, a lot more multiplatform games were designed on the Xbox and ported to tbe PS3 since the Xbox was easier to port from than to from a Sony game, or at least that's what I've heard.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You're saying XBOX 360 was the superior system in your case, which means you're not saying it's the more superior system in general. I'm just curious as to what makes it the more superior system to you?

For me, PS3 was the far superior system. For my needs and tastes, there's nothing that 360 had over PS3. From the controller, to the exclusive games, to the Blu-ray, PS3 was just perfect for me.
    I own an original backwards compatible PS3. My post and the one I'm quoting has to do with the assassins creed series and my system. Starting with the second or third game in the series I would get weird graphic glitches where people, buildings, and other stuff would have parts that would get stretched. The reason I stuck with the series on the PS3 is kind of stupid. Ubisoft had a psp game that when finished let you some how carry over all money and weapons earned in that game over to the next PS3 game in the series. Pretty much a neat way to get an early heads up in the next game. From then on I bought the next game and they would give you bonus outfits and stuff for the next game. Well when Black flag came out the game was practically unplayable on my system after a few minutes of playing. After doing a bunch of looking on forums I found out that the issue was because I was playing on an old system. When Xbox had the game as part of their games with gold deal I grabbed the game and have yet to have issues with the graphics.

NOW as far as which system is better? Yes the PS3 had free multiplayer, and a bluray player. But as far as multiplayer experience I liked the experience on the 360 more. My only problem is I don't have the time to sit down and play like I use to to really tell which is the better system. Over the years I'm buying less and less games. I pretty much only buy the next game in a series like with the assassins creed series. Sitting here and thinking about it before Black Flag I think my last game I purchased was Batman Arkham City.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's always been about the exclusives. Sony has historically had better exclusives so I've stuck with them throughout the years.

I hardly play multi player games so that was never a factor for me. I'm an old school gamer so the single player experience will always reign supreme for me.

Plus, you can't beat a free blu ray player!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I must say, I've been buying a lot of mascot games from back in the day. I kind of miss those days. I know some of them are still around (mainly on the Nintendo), but I'd love to see some new mascots pop up and some of the old ones come back.

Recently, I've bought all the Spyro games on the PS1, a few Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1, Croc on the PS1 (which I've never played) and the first Jak & Daxter game on the PS2.

I've also recently bought an N64 and an original XBOX (my first XBOX system). I really want to play the Conker games, but they are freaking expensive.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

the clincher for me was the hack-ability. Once you bought a game you could make copies and never worry about scratching them with the xbox 360. Also you could mod your games and get fixes quickly. Outside of that it is just preference. I think ps3 came out of the gate way faster but Xbox 360 gained momentum in time when the games could catch up to the hardware.
    JMO

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

In my house I have: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 Gamecube, Nintento 64, Sega Gensis and an NES. The original Xbox is the only system I never owned at some point, except for the shortlived Saturn. I even had a Dreamcast for awhile (great shit). I really wish my PSone with the attachable screen still worked. That thing was awesome, and would still be handy these days.

One of these days I'll break out the Gamecube replay REmake and RE:0, some Mario Kart Double Dash and some Super Monkey Ball.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

REmake is awesome, and Wind Waker is top 3 Zelda. Two best games on that system for my money.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still need to borrow one of my friend's wiis so I can play Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess was solid but tried too hard to be like Ocarina...the homage was fine, but the final battle was basically all the same, plus a horseback sequence.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

REmake is awesome, and Wind Waker is top 3 Zelda. Two best games on that system for my money.
    I found Wind Waker at my local Goodwill the other day for 3 bucks. They also had Skies of Arcadia Legends, Starfox Assault and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. All for 3 bucks each.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I found Wind Waker at my local Goodwill the other day for 3 bucks. They also had Skies of Arcadia Legends, Starfox Assault and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. All for 3 bucks each.
    I ordered it for $40 a couple years ago because I couldn't find it anywhere. Completely worth it. Selling SoA was something I always regretted.
    I've always wanted to play the Dreamcast version of Skies of Arcadia and have been actively looking for that version for years. Then, out of the blue, the Gamecube version falls into my lap. Good enough for me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Crystal Chronicles. It was a fun game, hard at times, but also kind of without purpose. Was just an early co-op game, really.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

oh waaaaaaaaaaat

consolez > Pee-See

lel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 321 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast