• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 321 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, just jump into this one. Nier was a good game but this one blows it out of the water, especially in terms of controls/handling. Playing Automata first and then going then back to play Nier PS3 is going to feel awkward. If you're a lore junkie like I am, just watch a 5 minute YT video on the lore of the original game to get you up to speed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh shit, now that I remember, Square Enix is remastering the original Nier from the ground up for the PS4. Due out in April 2021. Just wait for that and you can play it if you really like Automata.

Nier: Replicant

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got Nier. No idea when I'll get to it.

Just picked up Bioshock Collection for 12 bucks. Also Outlast and Amnesia collection for 10 bucks total.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock Infinite is in my personal top 10. I 100%'d twice, for both PS3 and PS4. Shit I'll probably do it again if they release it for PS5. That's how much I love it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard for me to pick the best of the series. Bioshock is one of the most intelligent video games I've ever played. Bioshock 2 has the best gameplay of the trilogy. Infinite tells the best story.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. That whole trilogy is special.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And the Infinite DLC is probably the best DLC I've ever played outside of a Fallout game.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay!

Sadly, I'll only play this a year later, as I always do with these big games. I wait for the complete edition to release all the DLC content and get the full package on sale for around $30.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I might wait too, only cause I still have so much stuff to play, games I want to clear off the backlog before I jump to PS5.

The only game I'm paying full price for on Day 1 is Cyberpunk 2077; I've been waiting for that game for far too long and if I don't play it as soon as its out I might stab somebody. I'm planning to lock myself in a room and play that game til my eyes bleed.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think now that I've finished playing the Bioshock Remasters (minus Infinite DLC) I'm going to write something on them. Infinite is definitely pretty underwhelming now. It's a good game, but it's just missing what made Bioshock 1/2 work so well, especially the horror and the tension of those games. Infinite is just a straight up shooter for the most part, and it plays well for that, but the game play is a far more hollow experience than the first two games. The two key elements they introduce, the skyline and the tears, are extremely underutilized. If it wasn't for the story and characters and the great art direction, it would be just a fun shooter.

It's the DLC that truly makes it a Bioshock Game so including the DLC is really good, but the core game is a good game that's a mediocre Bioshock title.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I've seen a video game franchise build atmosphere like Bioshock.

Side note, I was wearing my Rapture shirt yesterday at Lowe's and two people said nice shirt.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think now that I've finished playing the Bioshock Remasters (minus Infinite DLC) I'm going to write something on them. Infinite is definitely pretty underwhelming now. It's a good game, but it's just missing what made Bioshock 1/2 work so well, especially the horror and the tension of those games. Infinite is just a straight up shooter for the most part, and it plays well for that, but the game play is a far more hollow experience than the first two games. The two key elements they introduce, the skyline and the tears, are extremely underutilized. If it wasn't for the story and characters and the great art direction, it would be just a fun shooter.

It's the DLC that truly makes it a Bioshock Game so including the DLC is really good, but the core game is a good game that's a mediocre Bioshock title.
    That wasn't all Ken Levine's fault though. He wanted more time to finish implementing and perfecting everything he wanted to do but 2K pretty much told him here's your deadline, meet it, end of story. He was forced to cut a lot of the shit he wanted to add.

And yeah Infinite with its vast blue skies was never going to match the tight corridor paranoia of the first Bioshock. They're different stories with different approaches. The art direction, dialogue, reality bending, mind bending sci-fi is what makes that game special. The DLC rounds out the entire universe and puts a pretty pink bow on it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

That wasn't all Ken Levine's fault though. He wanted more time to finish implementing and perfecting everything he wanted to do but 2K pretty much told him here's your deadline, meet it, end of story. He was forced to cut a lot of the shit he wanted to add.

And yeah Infinite with its vast blue skies was never going to match the tight corridor paranoia of the first Bioshock. They're different stories with different approaches. The art direction, dialogue, reality bending, mind bending sci-fi is what makes that game special. The DLC rounds out the entire universe and puts a pretty pink bow on it.

I can't blame 2K them wanting to push it out though. Infinite was one of the last really major titles before the PS4/Xbox One came out later in the year. If they waited any longer they'd miss their window to sell on that platform, and then they may as well have just delayed the project for at least a year or two to put it out on the next gen. Not to mention they worked on Infinite for 5 years and delaying the project further to update the entire game would've been extremely expensive.

And it surely doesn't help that the game itself was just...not this. The game he wanted to make was clearly years ahead of its time, which is a shame. But sometimes ambition gets crushed by reality. I remember seeing this video ten years ago and being slack jawed.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have such a backlog of games I'm not even thinking of a PS5. Just started God of War.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Finally got platinum on Kingdom Hearts 3 yesterday. Only my 4th platinum trophy.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Finally got platinum on Kingdom Hearts 3 yesterday. Only my 4th platinum trophy.
    I Platinum all the Lego games
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    2 of my other 3 are the South Park games.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have 10 or so but can't remember what they are all from. Resident Evil 4 was super easy because there is only like 7 trophies for the whole game. I got one for Resident Evil 7 which was also easy once you're maxed out on weapons.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I have such a backlog of games I'm not even thinking of a PS5. Just started God of War.
    My backlog is over 80 games. And that's not including replays/remasters

Get on my level!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 10 or so but can't remember what they are all from. Resident Evil 4 was super easy because there is only like 7 trophies for the whole game. I got one for Resident Evil 7 which was also easy once you're maxed out on weapons.
    There's no platinums on Xbox, but I've 100%ed about 20 games. There are plenty of games too where I've 100%ed them except for DLCs I will never play (I count those since I 100%ed the main game) and games with online Achievements I'll also never get....so it's probably closer to 40 or 50. I should look up my achievements and make a list.

Get on my level!
    There's no way I could come up with 80 games that I want to play at any given time. I'm not even sure I could come up with 8.

The only games I'm looking forward to at this point are Watch Dogs: Legion and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. That's about it. Currently I'm finishing up The Last of Us Part 2.

There's no platinums on Xbox, but I've 100%ed about 20 games. There are plenty of games too where I've 100%ed them except for DLCs I will never play (I don't count those) and games with online Achievements I'll also never get....so it's probably closer to 40 or 50. I should look up my achievements and make a list.
    I've gotten 100% completion on all the GTA and RDR games but I've never gotten the platinum trophies because of the online stuff that I never play.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Get on my level!
    There's no way I could come up with 80 games that I want to play at any given time. I'm not even sure I could come up with 8.

The only games I'm looking forward to at this point are Watch Dogs: Legion and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. That's about it. Currently I'm finishing up The Last of Us Part 2.

I should also drop a list of that too! lol.

Since I didn't get an Xbox One until April, I have literally 7 years of games to catch up on, and some from the last gen I still haven't played like Darksiders and Skyrim. And I'm not even including any Playstation Exclusives I want to play since I don't have a PS4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 321 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 ... LastLast