Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: 2011 Fundraiser Auction Item 1 The Five-Robert McCammon Advance Proof

Hybrid View

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2011 Fundraiser Auction Item 1 The Five-Robert McCammon Advance Proof

First up for auction is an Advance Uncorrected Proof of The Five, by Robert McCammon.
    Ebay link

Info:

This proof was donated by Subterranean Press. It is in Fine condition, never having been read.
    There will be very few of these Proofs printed and most will go to reviewers.
    100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to our 2011 Fundraiser at WWW.TheDarkTower.org
    The fundraiser benefits The Haven Foundation. First established with the help of Stephen King, The Haven Foundation helps “ ‘greatest need’ cases would be freelance artists—writers, readers, and those in the associated publishing industry—who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident”.

About the book:
    Robert McCammon, author of the popular Matthew Corbett historical thrillers (Speaks the Nightbird, Mister Slaughter), now gives us something new and completely unexpected: The Five, a contemporary novel as vivid, timely, and compelling as anything he has written to date.
    The Five tells the story of an eponymous rock band struggling to survive on the margins of the music business. As they move through the American Southwest on what might be their final tour together, the band members come to the attention of a damaged Iraq war veteran, and their lives are changed forever.
    The narrative that follows is a riveting account of violence, terror, and pursuit set against a credible, immensely detailed rock and roll backdrop. It is also a moving meditation on loyalty and friendship, on the nature and importance of families—those we are born into and those we create for ourselves—and on the redemptive power of the creative spirit. Written with wit, elegance, and passionate conviction, The Five lays claim to new imaginative territory, and reaffirms McCammon’s position as one of the finest, most unpredictable storytellers of our time.

Thanks for helping,
    TheDarkTower.org

Note this thread will be merged or archived shortly after auction end.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome

Awesome idea putting the auctions on eBay !!

Karl

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Jerome

Awesome idea putting the auctions on eBay !!

Karl
    I agree with Karl. Much larger numbers of buyers on ebay. Some of the items in last year's auctions went for far too little.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spread the word!

BTW, we have something in the works, that if successful will truly be a one of a kind beauty.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excited! While I head about last year's promotion, I was not an active member and therefor did not take part. While I regret missing out on the "far too cheap items", I look forward to bidding this year!

Thanks to everyone who put this together. Great cause.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant idea to put the auctions on Ebay!!!!

Can't wait to see some more stuff come out!!! Can we still make direct donations? Maybe something regarding how its gonna work this year?

I'm so glad you all decided to keep doing this!!!!! Anything I can do to help out, just yell!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Brilliant idea to put the auctions on Ebay!!!!

Can't wait to see some more stuff come out!!! Can we still make direct donations? Maybe something regarding how its gonna work this year?

I'm so glad you all decided to keep doing this!!!!! Anything I can do to help out, just yell!!!!!
    We are trying to have direct contributions be via Paypal or check.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great item! Did you notice who placed the opening bid? This promises to be a nice first auction.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For the convenience of those who do not regularly venture out of the Corner, here is a link to the general information on this year's TheDarkTower.org fundraiser:

2011 Fundraiser Benefitting The Haven Foundation

Thank you in advance to everyone for your support this year!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    For the convenience of those who do not regularly venture out of the Corner, here is a link to the general information on this year's TheDarkTower.org fundraiser:

Sorry Patrick, I found that thread after the fact!!! However, I'm in with both feet!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Life outside of "The Corner"? I'm not buying it............Government forum conspiracy.............I've tried to cross the bridge to the other side. Take this as a warning my friends, this is a true story:

As my friend Bill was getting ready to cross the bridge in front of me to the leave the land of "The Corner" we met a man who yelled....STOP....I'm Patrick, the bridgekeeper

Patrick the Bridgekeeper: Who would cross the Bridge of Death to leave The Corner must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.
    Bill: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid.
    Patrick the Bridgekeeper: What... is your name?
    : Sir Bill of "The Corner".
    Patrick the Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest?
    Sir Bill: To seek life outside of "The Corner"
    Patrick the Bridgekeeper: What... is the third thread title from the bottom of the second listing of the forum outside of "The Corner"?
    [pause]
    Sir Bill: I don't know that.
    [he is thrown over the edge into the volcano]
    Sir Bill: Auuuuuuuugh.

Don't believe Patrick the Bridgekeeper. No life outside of "The Corner"...it's a trick.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that must mean I have 14,000 posts in the corner alone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is a frightening story! I'm glad I've never had the desire to wander from "the Corner." That Bridgekeeper sounds like a badass.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Such a classic movie. I have seen it at least ten times and still love it.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Add me to list of those who have never ventured beyond The Corner. It's enough work just keeping up with all the posts and great pics in here.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hilarious

Got any for those of us that venture into the corner?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just over a day left. Come on bidders!

Country
    Country Flag

I just 'upped the ante' a bit but Chris is still in the lead... I don't think I can go higher than this though.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Sold for $202.50.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the winner and thank you to everyone who bid so generously! This is a very nice start to the charity benefit!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder who the winner was. Not me, not Chris Cavalier. Anyone here?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winner!!!!!! Nice start outta the gate!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Wait....someone beat Chris Cavalier bidding on a book. I was under the impression this didn't happen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)