Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shield

8 32.00%
  • True Blood

17 68.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 2000s (Bracket 4)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 2000s (Bracket 4)

The Shield
    vs.
    True Blood

Previously on BTVSAT:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alan Ball's Six Feet Under is gone from contention, so let's go True Blood! Plus I can't believe the havoc The Shield wreaked on two great shows already...

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

true blood
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

The Shield kicked ass.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw, man. I don't funking know. I'll decide tomorrow.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

If True Blood beats The Shield, I may be done with you people forever.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do you have such intense hatred for True Blood?

I went with The Shield. I actually really enjoy True Blood, but no amount of fantasizing about Eric Northman can make up for the sheer awesomeness that was The Shield.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Why? Alan Ball hasn't let me down yet. From American Beauty to True Blood, all his work has been stellar.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post

I went with The Shield. I actually really enjoy True Blood, but no amount of fantasizing about Eric Northman can make up for the sheer awesomeness that was The Shield.
    It is based on books that make Twilight look like fine literature.
    It has bad accents.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post

It is based on books that make Twilight look like fine literature.
    It has bad accents.
    The books certainly aren't literary marvels, but I enjoyed them and they aren't nearly as bad as Twilight. I can't really speak for the accents, since I am not from La. Accents from the south are almost always butchered in film and television. I was terrified that they would destroy Kentucky accents in the show Justified. They actually didn't do a horrible job in that, though. I actually think that the show True Blood is actually a little better than the books, accents aside.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I prefer the books to the programme. They are trashy but compulsive at the same time. As far as the accents go, I couldn't really say, I think southern accents in the US probably get as exaggerated and hammed up as west country accents over here do.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I prefer the books to the programme. They are trashy but compulsive at the same time.
    this
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

True Blood is moving on to the Semifinals, having received 17 votes (68.00%). Its score is now 193.87.

+ Reply to Thread