Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Counterfeit Audiobooks for Sale on ebay

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

Default Counterfeit Audiobooks for Sale on ebay

I was looking for some audiobook of the dark tower series to listen to whilst I am driving, and decided to check on ebay and see what is available, and my search lead me here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-D...item43a3e2fa7c

Having read through this I wonder how this guy is allowed to trae on ebay, sounds to me like he basically downloaded all of the audiobooks and burns them to a dvd and charges £4.50 for the privelage. Surely this has got to break copyright laws. Having checked his other items for sale it seems he is making a very tidy profit by doing this with other popular works, e.g. lord of the rings, james bond - how can he get away with this?

This month alone he has 124 positive feedback - the average price of one of his discs in approx £4.50 - so by my reckoning thats £558 (ebay fees not included) for selling kock-off audiobooks without permission!
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

;cry: crap! i saw the thread title , and wanting to get some more audios of TDT too, I came in to read this.
    I'm sure its against the law....he will have to shut down, and may have charges brought against him.( hopes)

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

sorry to get your hopes up alinda, i think I will change the thread title (it is a bit misleading)
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

thanks , I mean , its ok no worries and all but it's a fine idea non the less.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lordmerchant View Post
    sorry to get your hopes up alinda, i think I will change the thread title (it is a bit misleading)
    how would you like to change it?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought i would be able to edit the thread title myself, seems not - perhaps it should be changed to "counterfit audiobooks for sale on ebay" thanks

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

done

welcome

this thread may later be moved

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Posts 11,999

Let me be the first to wish you a very happy 12,000th post Jean...

Country
    Country Flag

wow!!!! would have missed it if not for you

here it comes!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the 12,000th post, Jean!
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

back to topic, anyone?...