Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, my predictions are public. We'll see how it plays out. Kevin Long is amazing!!!
    Dammit...you made me look up who Kevin Long is. LOL

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Worth it, right? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Worth it, right? LOL LOL
    I always love learning something new about baseball!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Captain" Derek Jeter, blowing past 3,000 with a 5-5 day, 1 short of the cycle!!! 2 RBI and 2 Runs and the GWH!!!!!! Hollywood couldn't have done it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tigers are not done yet! I think the key for them will be scoring early and hope to weather the Texas storm of relievers and hitters later in the game. Either way it's been a great season for the Tigers and I wish them the best of luck.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    The Tigers are not done yet! I think the key for them will be scoring early and hope to weather the Texas storm of relievers and hitters later in the game. Either way it's been a great season for the Tigers and I wish them the best of luck.
    Best of luck to the Tigers!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    Best of luck to the Tigers!!!!
    Thanks! They certainly need it based on the first five games of the series.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummmm. I just turned the channel because I couldn't stand watching the Tiger's puke all over each other anymore!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummmm. I just turned the channel because I couldn't stand watching the Tiger's puke all over each other anymore!
    Sorry dude, I was hoping for them!!! Goddamn Rangers!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    Sorry dude, I was hoping for them!!! Goddamn Rangers!!!!!
    Thanks Best of luck to the Rangers...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Verlander won the AL Cy Young award! Woot! Woot!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. No love for the AL CY Young winner and now AL MVP!!! Give it up folks for Mr. Verlander!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Wow. No love for the AL CY Young winner and now AL MVP!!! Give it up folks for Mr. Verlander!
    As a general rule, I say an everyday player for the MVP and Pitcher's get the Cy Young, but Verlander is the Pitcher who is an exception that proves the rule!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As a general rule, I say an everyday player for the MVP and Pitcher's get the Cy Young
    I would normally agree with you however I am a huge Homer for the Tigers!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As a general rule, I say an everyday player for the MVP and Pitcher's get the Cy Young
    I would normally agree with you however I am a huge Homer for the Tigers!
    You also appear to be a bit of a confused individual!!! LOL J/K If a Pitcher ever truly deserved the MVP, Verlander's season is the one to do it!!!

Now keep an eye on C.C. next year, he can now buy a shitload more Capt'n Crunch!!!

P.S. Thanks. Always appreciate an opportunity to use the "Go Yankees" smiley!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the

Verlander was certainly the MVP for the Tigers this year which brought "swagger" to the team even when he wasn't pitching. I'm not sure how one measure's this but if there was a season for a pitcher to win this award this one was it. Go Tigers and Verlander!

P.S. If C.C. is going to keep hammering down the Captain Crunch you better hope he is eating it with skim milk this off season!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the

Verlander was certainly the MVP for the Tigers this year which brought "swagger" to the team even when he wasn't pitching. I'm not sure how one measure's this but if there was a season for a pitcher to win this award this one was it. Go Tigers and Verlander!

P.S. If C.C. is going to keep hammering down the Captain Crunch you better hope he is eating it with skim milk this off season!
    CC makes him very happy!!!! Happy Pitcher="K's" LOL But you're right, he better eat only one bowl and nothing else!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I juat can't keep a secret!!!! For Xmas, I got my son a signed 1998 WS ball by who? Why, Derek Jeter!!!! It's his favorite player, his "Mickey Mantle" and he is going to go "Nuts". Display also has Jeter's "Rookie Card"!!!! Can't wait for Christmas Day!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I juat can't keep a secret!!!! For Xmas, I got my son a signed 1998 WS ball by who? Why, Derek Jeter!!!! It's his favorite player, his "Mickey Mantle" and he is going to go "Nuts". Display also has Jeter's "Rookie Card"!!!! Can't wait for Christmas Day!!!! LOL LOL
    That is awesome! What a great present. I hope he enjoys it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome! What a great present. I hope he enjoys it.
    He better!!! But hey ain't that what Xmas is about? Things in your dreams coming true!!!

Like a signed "11/22/63" outta the blue!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I will be villified for this, but just read some recent articles regarding Jeter and the 3.000 hit club and while I am obviously biased, it's very cool how the rest of the league regards him. Jeter has truly become actual Yankee Royalty, and I don't really say it as a Yankee fan. Seems the entire league regards him as the "Heir Apparent" to the Yankee legacy. I mean I always did, but it's nice when "Baseball" as a whole does the same. See the recent issue of MLB Insider's Club and ESPN: the Magazine for starters. Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford, Jackson, Munson, Mattingly, The Scooter and JETER. We are witnessing HISTORY folks!! Take it in and pass it on, whatever your team allegiance. These are the GREATS of the game!!! Pujols to follow I am sure. As well as Holliday and Mo!!! To name a few!!!

God, I love baseball!!!!!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....................................... .........................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I give my sons a signed ball every year at Christmas. Now I also give one to my son-in-law and one to my grandson who is only 18 months old - his has to be a rookie that particuylar year.

So this year one sone gets CC Sabathia, one gets Felix Hernandez - my SIL gets Hanley ramirez (he's a Marlins Fan) and my grandson is getting Mike Trout.

Maybe the'll give me a signed ball again this year - last year they gave me Mariano Rivera!

Between them they now have many greats to include Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Robbie Cano; Mike Mussina, David Cone, Don Mattingly, Reggie Jackson, Francisco Liriano, Pete Rose, Dave Winfield, El Duke, Stan Musial, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera, .... There are a few more - we have had this tradition for about 12 years now since my boys were 10 years old.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I give my sons a signed ball every year at Christmas. Now I also give one to my son-in-law and one to my grandson who is only 18 months old - his has to be a rookie that particuylar year.

So this year one sone gets CC Sabathia, one gets Felix Hernandez - my SIL gets Hanley ramirez (he's a Marlins Fan) and my grandson is getting Mike Trout.

Maybe the'll give me a signed ball again this year - last year they gave me Mariano Rivera!

Between them they now have many greats to include Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Robbie Cano; Mike Mussina, David Cone, Don Mattingly, Reggie Jackson, Francisco Liriano, Pete Rose, Dave Winfield, El Duke, Stan Musial, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera, .... There are a few more - we have had this tradition for about 12 years now since my boys were 10 years old.
    Absolutely Wonderful Tradition, Bob!!!! You are "Da Man"!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks - Last year when I got Rivera - they actualy thougth of getting me Mickey Mantle - that would have been the most awesomest gift ever - and they quickly found out that they were priced out rather quickly - The four kids pooled their money (and my wife supplemented when they came up short) for teh Rivera ball which I believe they paid about $300 for! :-) man I love my kids! wifey too! :-)

Wonder what this year brings!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys see that the Marlins are making a serious run at Pujols? That would be HUGE!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast