Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That Mookie Betts, 12 year, $365m extension tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They may actually be able to win a World Series now! Nah, I'm just playin'.
    lol

eat crow bitch

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That Mookie Betts, 12 year, $365m extension tho
    They may actually be able to win a World Series now! Nah, I'm just playin'.
    lol

eat crow bitch

Crow? I called it. I wasn't kidding. Without Betts, they don't win the WS.

Actually, it evened out. The Sox gave the Dodgers a WS with the trade of Betts and the Dodgers gave the Sox a WS by taking Beckett and Carl Crawford off of their hands a few years ago.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Dodgers looking good early in the season

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Judge & Stanton go deep off, Oriole pitching!!!! Yanks are back, baby!!!!

Spoiler:
    And we seem to have some pitching as well!! lol Looking for number 28 this year!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Corey Seager has gotten to base on 14 of his 18 at bats so far this season.

Future MVP loading...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Corey Seager has gotten to base on 14 of his 18 at bats so far this season.

Future MVP loading...
    Think they'll be able to keep him?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk man... they're already over the luxury tax threshold/salary cap. Bellinger is a free agent in 2023, so if you sign Seager you probably let Bellinger go. If you think Seager is the future, then you probably won't resign Bellinger. Plus the bazillion dollar contract to Betts.

Something will have to give I guess, as much as I'd like to see this Dodgers core team stay on for many more years...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Idk man... they're already over the luxury tax threshold/salary cap. Bellinger is a free agent in 2023, so if you sign Seager you probably let Bellinger go. If you think Seager is the future, then you probably won't resign Bellinger. Plus the bazillion dollar contract to Betts.

Something will have to give I guess, as much as I'd like to see this Dodgers core team stay on for many more years...
    Who’s the SS prospect? Lux? He’s supposed to be good isn’t he?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just came in here to say the name Yermin Mercedes.

That is all.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

That is all.
    I mean good start but since then he’s only like 4/10. Talk about fizzling out.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

That is all.
    Sorry, you misspelled historic start.

Even if he never gets another hit in his career he went 8 for 8 in his first 8 major league ABs. Nobody does that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

That is all.
    Sorry, you misspelled historic start.

Even if he never gets another hit in his career he went 8 for 8 in his first 8 major league ABs. Nobody does that.
    Haha. The white Sox look poised for a big run in the next year or 2. Lot of good young players. To bad eloy got hurt.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who’s the SS prospect? Lux? He’s supposed to be good isn’t he?
    Looks like Lux will settle in as a second baseman. He seems to be in the doghouse of the front office at this point.

Early front-runner for worst call in the MLB 2021 season.

https://twitter.com/mlberrors/status...70595990949888

Country
    Country Flag

thats up there with one of the worst calls ever.

That would be this one. Especially considering the circumstances.

Country
    Country Flag

That would be this one. Especially considering the circumstances.

That was awful. Took history away from him.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will say, seeing how upset the umpire was after was kind of heart-breaking. And I hate umps.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still not as bad as this...

Still not as bad as this...

You might as well walk off the field at that point. If the umps aren't going to call a fair game, there's no point in even playing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hear me out on this: It's clear to anyone who is watching baseball this year that pitchers have truly mastered their craft and have seemingly put hitters at a disadvantage. A culmination of advanced analytics and the shift. Spin rate more than ever has become a coveted attribute when it comes to a pitcher's success. It's becoming more and more clear that most hitters can hit even the hardest thrown fastballs, hence why we are seeing more and more sliders with crazy spin rates.

How do hitters counter this you ask? By moving up in the batter's box. For years, hitters have buried themselves in the very depths of the box. They literally toe the line as far back as they can go to give themselves that extra split second to react to the pitch. Hitters have been doing this for generations. It's time to stop. Those extra few inches are now becoming the difference between a player waving helplessly at sliders and "off-speed" pitches.

Conclusion: By moving up in the batter's box, hitters will now be making contact earlier and catching those sliders a few revolutions before peak break. Precious revolutions that could be the difference between a late darting slider and a player barreling it up.

If you ever want to see a major league team completely forget how to play the game of baseball:

I guess this is the perfect thread to post this in. Awesome game and an amazing win. I love how the game was bookended with Jose Abreu hitting the very first ball into the cornfield and Tim Anderson hitting the last one (so far) .

I also heard that they want to make this a yearly thing with different teams each year. Next year is supposed to be the Cubs.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like they are making a Field of Dreams TV show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast