Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Looks like they are making a Field of Dreams TV show.
    Movie wasn’t enough?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I also heard that they want to make this a yearly thing with different teams each year. Next year is supposed to be the Cubs.
    Confirmed.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nati-reds-2022
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The White Sox are the first team to clinch their division in 2021. Also the first team ever to clinch a division in a 7 inning game?

Anyway, I have to celebrate this because these moments come few and far between for us Sox fans.

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-c...-central-title
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The possibilities of a 3 way or a 4 way tie for the last WC spot in the AL are fascinating.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...18_Twitter.jpg

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe we beat Tampa Bay.

And now, after that idiot pitcher for the White Sox opened his baby tantrum mouth I'm going to have to root for the Astros. I hate when my team plays my home town team - but always the Red Sox first!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

And now, after that idiot pitcher for the White Sox opened his baby tantrum mouth I'm going to have to root for the Astros. I hate when my team plays my home town team - but always the Red Sox first!
    Fuck the Astros. Bunch of cheating assholes. Sox too. How Cora wasn’t permanently banned is beyond me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Fuck the Astros. Bunch of cheating assholes. Sox too. How Cora wasn’t permanently banned is beyond me
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cora served his time. No second chances eh? And the 2021 Astros are not the 2017 Astros.
    Maybe we should still talk about the 1919 World Series and that cheating team from the South side or A-Roid or Steinbrenner the Felon (oh, wait - til his fellow criminal Tricky Dick pardoned him? Great role model that one.)
    All teams have their scandals. Get over it.

Country
    Country Flag

Cora served his time. No second chances eh? And the 2021 Astros are not the 2017 Astros.
    Maybe we should still talk about the 1919 World Series and that cheating team from the South side or A-Roid or Steinbrenner the Felon (oh, wait - til his fellow criminal Tricky Dick pardoned him? Great role model that one.)
    All teams have their scandals. Get over it.
    The white sox guys were pretty much all banned for life and they cheated to lose which is counter intuitive. The steroid policy is the policy. At some point though the players need to take personal responsibility for what they ingest. The “I wasn’t sure what I was taking” excuse is horse shit. ARod will probably never be in the HoF because of it. Not familiar with Steinbrenner thing.

Cora was the leader of all that sign stealing bs. He shouldn’t be allowed in baseball anymore. He tainted the game as did all the players who participated.

EDIT: just looked up Steinbrenner. The felony had nothing to do with baseball so whatever. The fact that he paid someone to dig up dirt on winfield is pretty reprehensible and he should never have been reinstated imo. BUT it didn’t affect the integrity of the game like what Cora (astros and Red Sox) and the White sox did.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm fixing to log into Far Cry so I'm not actually watching the game. Again, Cora served the sentence MLB handed down.
    I can remeber when Pete Rose was a really really bad guy- and now MLB partners with gambling (as well as other sports - but hey, if you have a prob we have a phone number!). Double boxing to squeeze in a 15 sec ad during the game - need that revenue. Not to mention prostituting out the pitcher's mound for advertising - example Romans. Guess lots of those yelling and screaming fanatics need their ED drugs...
    And I guess the fact an owner is a convicted felon - that's something to have kids aspire to - be a felon! Own a team! MLB doesn't give a shit.
    MLB has no moral authority. And it's not if but when the next scandal breaks lose.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

LET'S GO DODGERS

#RepeatLA

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda interesting that the 2 teams cited for cheating are playing in the ALCS. I wonder what that says? lol

Spoiler:
    And, I'm not bitter, Yanks, didn't deserve the post season this year. They need to take a hard look at the organization I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All I know is I want a WS rematch with the Houston Asterisks* so we can beat those cheating, trash can-banging phucks into the ground. Fairly and squarely.

Country
    Country Flag

I hate the dodgers. Hate the Astros for fucking the dodgers. Go braves.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe the Red Sox are this close to going to the World Series. They were a last-place team last year and barely added anyone. You're telling me Cora makes that much of a difference?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe the Red Sox are this close to going to the World Series. They were a last-place team last year and barely added anyone. You're telling me Cora makes that much of a difference?
    They added Kike, who played a big part in the Dodger's WS winning squad last year and is paying big dividends for Boston rn. That's not no one lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    They added Kike, who played a big part in the Dodger's WS winning squad last year and is paying big dividends for Boston rn. That's not no one lol.
    He needs to be MVP if you're telling me he's the difference between a first and last place team.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    He needs to be MVP if you're telling me he's the difference between a first and last place team.
    Or, Roy Hobbs in all his glory!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

When Astros lose, America wins.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What a shame.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys seen this???

[CENTER][https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/fea...baseball-fans/[CENTER]
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

They did not try at all. Waiting almost 2 months to have a conversation with the PA is not trying. Millionaire’s bitching over dollars and cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

They did not try at all. Waiting almost 2 months to have a conversation with the PA is not trying. Millionaire’s bitching over dollars and cents.
    Actually, I think most of them are billionaires. But yes, I agree.

Also, what do the owners have against the shift? Pitch clocks are fine. Universal DH is great and long overdue and I don't even mind the expanded playoffs. but what's wrong with defensive shifts?

I don't get it.

This cracked me up. Baseball is back baby!

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/stat...vm0zWt2hQEcMAg

Country
    Country Flag

I hadn't realized that prostituting out the jerseys was part of the negotiations. (nor did I know til the guy showed one on TV that BB does that - but I don't watch BB).
    I won't be buying anything from anybody advertising on a baseball jersey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast