Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

With the advent of the Hall of Fame announcement on us and Pitchers & Catchers less than 2 months from reporting, I thought a thread for "All things about baseball" seemed appropriate.

So post away regarding your favorite teams, players and managers. Hot Stove reports, potential trade rumors and predictions!!! Root for your favorite teams success, rue its demise!!! Have at it Baseball fans!!!

You all know where I stand!!!! LOL

On to #28!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I love baseball, it is far and away my favorite sport. I am a long term Braves fan...I became a fan the abysmal mid 80's so it is not like I jumped on the bandwagon when they were so hot. I am sad to admit that I let my interest wane in the post divorce I'll Show You I Don't Need You Or Your Shit phase and probably couldn't tell you 2 players from last year's starting line up.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Likewise a lifelong fan - baseball is the only sport I really care about, to be honest. I'm a HUGE MN Twins far, so I'm sure Merlin1958 and I will have the most....interesting conversations

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So what was my fave Christmas present this year - a signed Mariano Rivera baseball - so I guess everyone knows where I stand too!

Beign from the Washington DC Metro area i also take at least a glancing interest in what the Nationals are up to. They are spending some cash and building a team - they can only get better! As far as the National League goes that is! :-)

Pitchers & Catchers reprot in what - like 5 weeks! Come on Spring Training!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Likewise a lifelong fan - baseball is the only sport I really care about, to be honest. I'm a HUGE MN Twins far, so I'm sure Merlin1958 and I will have the most....interesting conversations
    White Sox fan here.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

GO RED SOX!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, The Twins are a great ballclub!!! Gardenhire is a quality manager and a class act to boot. Lately the Bombers seem to have their number like the Angels had ours for a while, But the ball bounces funny ways!!!

Good Luck!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damed if the Phillies don't appear to be trying to "buy" the World Series!!! They think they are the Yanks all of a sudden? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hey, The Twins are a great ballclub!!! Gardenhire is a quality manager and a class act to boot. Lately the Bombers seem to have their number like the Angels had ours for a while, But the ball bounces funny ways!!!

Good Luck!
    Well, fantastic then! I have a few Yankees fans as friends who aren't half as respectful. I suppose it's just what I've come to expect.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Luck!
    Well, fantastic then! I have a few Yankees fans as friends who aren't half as respectful. I suppose it's just what I've come to expect.
    Well, I'm a life long NY'er and I respect "Titles" I can recognize a good team when I see it. Confidentially, the Twins worst enemy is that damn owner!!!! Thank God for the Stienbrenners!!!!!! Can I get an "Amen"? LOL

Thanks for the compliment and right back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Relating to the title, I can't watch that movie without being reduced to tears at the end. Don't know why, My Dad played catch with me, and I with my Son, but something about the storyline just gets to me!!!!

Baseball does mark the years!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Is this heaven?"
    "No, it's Iowa!"

The only time, I think Iowa is used in a movie to an amazing end. My grandpa's favorite movie quote of all time was that very line.
    It is indeed one of my favorite movies as well...mostly because it makes me think of my grandpa. I should probably go visit that field sometime...I don't live terribly far away from it.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I love that movie! And Bull Durham. Ooooh, I see a sig/av combo for opening day.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With all due respect, this thread is about "baseball" in general. Not about the movie. Sorry, if it came off that way!!!

My Bad!!!!

How bout those Phillies!??????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Baseball is my favorite sport and I LOVE baseball players. Oakland A's fan here and the Giants fans are going to be insufferable this year. I live 20 minutes from AT&T park, and I have A LOT of Giants fans for friends

Let's go Oakland!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome A's fan!!!

Pitchers & Catchers report in a little over a month!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

I'm interested to see what Oakland has to offer this year. Its weird they brought back Rich Harden with a one year deal. I dont think he pitched at all in the playoffs last year for Texas
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I live close enough to Detroit to be able to see the Tigers on occasion. Even though I am not a devoted fan, I enjoy the games when I go. My Granny would have been 89 yesterday. She LOVED baseball. One of her fondest memories was of the trip she and my grandfather took to NYC. They went to Yankee Stadium and watched the "M&M"'s. The way she told that story always made me wish I could have been there.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I love seeing the old timers at the A's games, its great fun!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    I live close enough to Detroit to be able to see the Tigers on occasion. Even though I am not a devoted fan, I enjoy the games when I go. My Granny would have been 89 yesterday. She LOVED baseball. One of her fondest memories was of the trip she and my grandfather took to NYC. They went to Yankee Stadium and watched the "M&M"'s. The way she told that story always made me wish I could have been there.
    Wow, the M&M boys!!!! I would have loved to see that. Little trivia, did you know that the Billy Crystal/HBO film "61" about the chase for the record was actually shot at Tiger Stadium? Great film BTW, but then I am a bit biased!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    Wow, the M&M boys!!!! I would have loved to see that. Little trivia, did you know that the Billy Crystal/HBO film "61" about the chase for the record was actually shot at Tiger Stadium? Great film BTW, but then I am a bit biased!!! LOL
    I did not know that and have never seen that movie but I love Billy Crystal and will definitely be checking that out!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

John F. Kennedy strungoutboy21 is on a distinguished road strungoutboy21's Avatar

I've been a Padres fan my whole life and am disapointed there is no more A-Gon. I wish he could have stayed here if the team wasn't so cheap and other teams weren't so greedy(Yankees and Red Sox). I love baseball. Nothing better than going to a game on a cool Summer night.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks to ink Soriano from the Rays!!!!!!!! Heir to "The Sandman"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Must-watch video!

Even if you hate The Onion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmR82553eR8

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sick if you ask me to see a little girl flip the bird to someone or wish on them a pox of cancer! I know its the Onion but geesh!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast