Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummmmm, how bout dem, BOMBERS!!! Tearing up MLB!!!

49-16 and 12 games in front in the AL East!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bombed alright.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let the whining begin!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Astros on your first WS without cheating!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What a game, what a finish! Mexico played fantastic the whole tournament, but Japan is just indefatigable. Japan vs. US tomorrow should be hype AF.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've actually enjoyed the WBC more than I thought I would. I've definitely watched more innings of it than ST games. Mostly because like 90% of the ST games aren't televised.

It's cool to see the US make the final game even though their pitching staff really isn't as good as it could be. That's the problem with playing before the regular season IMO.

All that being said, I can't wait to get back to the real baseball season in April.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Proud of my Mexican team, but as soon as Shohei lead off the bottom of the 9th I had this feeling deep in my gut... I knew we were doomed.

Its a shame too, we had already beaten USA 11-5 earlier in the tournament.

Today's final should be hype tho!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The tournament coming down to Ohtani vs. Trout felt like destiny. Ohtani got Trout swinging to end it. What a storybook finish.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know. Just imagine if they were both on the same team, easily 2-3 WS rings right there.

Spoiler:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I really wish we could upload pictures directly to posts...

https://www.reddit.com/r/angelsbaseb..._but_feel_sad/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a great video

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    This was a great video

Honestly, it's hard to disagree with the people that say this is simply a bunch of exhibition games that don't really mean anything. Most people I've talked to were more worried about the players from their favorite team getting through this healthy rather than worrying about any particular team winning.

They had guys playing out of position just to get their bat in the lineup, pitchers on pitch counts, pitchers that weren't able to pitch in back-to-back games and they weren't playing with the new 2023 MLB rule changes so the players can get used to them before the regular season starts.

The players seemed to have fun and there were a lot of exciting/dramatic moments but it's good to have them go back to doing the jobs that they are getting paid millions of dollars to do.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    This was a great video

Honestly, it's hard to disagree with the people that say this is simply a bunch of exhibition games that don't really mean anything. Most people I've talked to were more worried about the players from their favorite team getting through this healthy rather than worrying about any particular team winning.

They had guys playing out of position just to get their bat in the lineup, pitchers on pitch counts, pitchers that weren't able to pitch in back-to-back games and they weren't playing with the new 2023 MLB rule changes so the players can get used to them before the regular season starts.

The players seemed to have fun and there were a lot of exciting/dramatic moments but it's good to have them go back to doing the jobs that they are getting paid millions of dollars to do.

I don't see how anyone can say they don't mean anything. It obviously meant something to the players, even the biggest stars in the majors it meant a lot to the people in the countries playing. That's what made it such engaging baseball...it meant something to them. They matter more than spring training games. Players can get injured in spring training too. In fact, I'd argue players who had a great tournament and were exposed to higher level play where they were playing for something will translate into better starts for players like Arozarena than playing meaningless games in Florida/Arizona. The tournament isn't about what American fans think of it. This meant a lot to the other 19 teams in the tournament, and it meant a lot the people in those countries.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't mean much to me.
    I understand there was great drama, weirdly enough with two Angel players who are great individuals, but couldn't lift the Angels into competition in the last few years.
    Glorified exhibition games. Period.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I understand there was great drama, weirdly enough with two Angel players who are great individuals, but couldn't lift the Angels into competition in the last few years.

I don't see what's wrong with watching "glorified exhibition games" if the play is good and the players play to win. It's a far better product than spring training baseball.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I don't see what's wrong with watching "glorified exhibition games" if the play is good and the players play to win. It's a far better product than spring training baseball.

It wasn't my intent to say there was/is anything wrong with the WBC. I only opined that to me it wasn't a big deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't mean a lot to Americans maybe. For the rest of the baseball-loving world it was a big deal.

It felt like Baseball's answer to the world cup. I thought the tournament was electric and I would 100x prefer to watch this than Spring training games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23