Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus

19 57.58%
  • Doctor Who

14 42.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1960s (Bracket 1)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I suppose it's a good thing it didn't lose to a cartoon, but...i don't know, everything i've seen of Monty Python, including the Dead Parrot and argument sketches, I never found it as funny as i expected. I think Britain has made much funnier shows over the years that have stood the test of time better. Like the Day Today: that's over 15 years old, and yet it's random version of the news still seems as relevant and hilarious now as it did back then. Which is a good thing for me, as i was too young to enjoy it at the time! Or Not the 9 O'Clock News: again, about 30 years old, and yet there's plenty of sketches I found funny. I suppose in a 60s round, Python is one of the best shows to lose to, but I think it too easily overshadows a number of superior British programmes too much of the time for me to fully enjoy it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    At least it didn't lose to a cartoon MP is a worthy victor.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Terry Gilliam is a jeenyus.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Monty Python's Flying Circus is moving on to the Semifinals, having received 19 votes (57.58%). Its score is now 184.90.
    **sob** and it was my nomination too
    all my nominations are being voted out, a girl could get paranoid you know!!

At least it didn't lose to a cartoon MP is a worthy victor.
    Well that would have been terrible, to have Dr who lose to a cartoon, it was bad enough seeing SG1 voted out over a cartoon, i mean i like cartoon s and all that but are they really the best show of all time?

**ok back to the subject**

Sob sob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3