Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Collectible Items

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Your Favorite Collectible Items

The title of this thread speaks for itself. I freely admit that it is born from boredom and influenced by the same old end-of-year-top-whatever lists that start popping up again these days but at the same time I'm genuinely interested in what you guys have to 'offer'. So here's the premise: just make a list of your favorite collectibles from your collection (anywhere between, say, three and ten items) and feel free to elaborate, add pictures et cetera.

My Top collectibles in no particular order:
    • UK 'Big Five' (Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, Night Shift)
    • Dead Zone Viking proof
    • Firestarter proof
    • Danse Macabre proof
    • Cujo proof
    • Different Seasons proof
    • Christine proof
    • Pet Sematary 1st/2nd state proofs
    • The Talisman proof
    • Skeleton Crew proof
    • Bachman Books proof

*edit: I changed my list recently to reflect changes in my collection (my sort-of high-end items are all sold).
    Last edited by biomieg; 02-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the list Bio! And I loooove the 2 Vol. Talisman books, that is such a nice looking production. I'll have to think of my top 5 for a bit. They will not all be King, I think though.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger 1st signed by Whelan
    The Stand 1st in a white case from theskcollector
    Horns and Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. Both inscribed to me.
    'Salem's Lot in a traycase w/ prints. Not signed by a great looking book nonetheless
    The Dead Zone 1st from Easton

Nothing too hard to find but very dear to me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The title of this thread speaks for itself. I freely admit that it is born from boredom and influenced by the same old end-of-year-top-whatever lists that start popping up again these days but at the same time I'm genuinely interested in what you guys have to 'offer'. So here's the premise: just make a list of your favorite collectibles (anywhere between, say, three and ten items) and feel free to elaborate, add pictures et cetera.

My Top Five collectibles:

1) My two copies of the UK 1st/1st THE STAND
    2) My near fine 2nd state 'SALEM'S LOT dust jacket (on a 'Q41 book')
    3) My US DIFFERENT SEASONS proof
    4) My US SKELETON CREW proof
    5) My TALISMAN Grant two-volume gift edition

Who's next?

*edit* Of course your list can also be in 'no particular order' and it may also be your 'ever-changing-list-of-the-day'.
    OH MAN!!!!!!!! You have a UK "The Stand"??????? Envy, envy, envy. It's one of 2 or 3 missing from a complete UK collection that I have chosen to "forget" about!!!!

I'd love to have a "S/L Skeleton Crew, From a Buick 8 and The Stand", but the favorites I own?

S/L Black House
    Galley Proof Bag of Bones
    1/1 The Gunslinger
    UK The Stand Uncut
    UK The Regulators
    Signed UK Christine
    Colorado Kid (all 4 states)
    Green Mile, Remarqued
    LSOE, Gunslinger Ltd
    UTD Signed and Traycased (by Dolso)
    LOTR, 2nd Edition, Display cased
    The Hobbit, 2nd UK Edition

Don't have pics of them all, but most

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I got a bit carried away with the thread!!! LOL My Bad!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorites from my collection:

1) Skeleton Crew S/L (the most beautiful book I own)

2) My remarqued Duma Key (my personal one of a kind)

3) Colorado Kid Artist Editions (all same number, which I think is kind of cool)

4) Under the Dome UK S/L (the first signed King I ever bought, and the beginning of a new and costly addiction)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff, ELazansky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially love that "Skeleton Crew"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Gee, my UK THE STAND is in mint condition...anyway, my top five favorite or dearest King collectibles are:

1. My MINT 1st/1st of NIGHT SHIFT (just 'cause it looks so pretty)
    2. My DOLAN'S CADILLAC proof ( because I got it for nothing as an apology from the publisher for forgetting to send me the limited edition)
    3. My SALEM'S LOT 1st/1st with the original unclipped dust jacket (I don't think I have to explain any reasons for this pick)
    4. My signed limited THE GUNSLINGER (because I've read that book about 3 times and only paid $75 for it and why I didn't get two more copies I'll
    never know....calm down now...)
    5. My galley proofs of PET SEMETARY (because of the interesting conversation I had with the dealer I bought it from; neither of us had any idea what
    exactly it was or how many had been made. I love mysteries like that!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Top 5?

1) Signed 1st editions of "Headhunter" by Michael Slade. I have one signed and inscribed to myself, and another that is the first copy ever signed - dated in the month of publication with an inscription and signed by all three authors that made up the pen name at the time.

2) Dark Tower set - I have DTII-VII + LSOE as PC editions of the signed limited. My place filler for the Gunslinger is a 3rd edition with a beautiful remarque by Michael Whelan.

3) Lettered edition of "Trolley No. 1852" by Edward Lee. Published by Bloodletting Press and just an awesome production.

4) Lettered edition of "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon. Published by Dark Harvest Press, its nothing too get excited about aesthetically, but nice to have!

5) Artwork. I have a limited edition lithograph from artist Lasse Hoile (Danish artist who is big in the progressive rock scene); the Phil Hale print from Insomnia en route; and two original paintings en route that have me tickled pink! (One from Alan Clark and one from Alex McVey - more on those in the new year!)

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blimey...

...so many favourites...but here goes (allowing myself only one King item)

1. Grant Gunslinger 1/1 signed by Donald Grant, signed, dated and inscribed by Michael Whelan with a drawing of the Ka symbol and signed, dated and inscribed to me by SK.

2. Scarfeland: A Lost World of Fabulous Beasts and Monsters 1/1 by Gerald Scarfe (fabulously talented cartoonist)... signed to me with a drawing of one of his wonderful 'creatures'.

3. 35th Anniversary Limited Edition (500) of Psycho signed by Robert Bloch, Richard Matheson and, unusually, signed by Janet Leigh + a replica (unfortunately) Psycho lobby card also signed by Leigh.

4. The original painting by Tim White that was to used by the publisher of The Fog by James Herbert.

5. My Scarlett Thomas books (signed, lined and dated) and proofs.

Of course, apart from #1, that will probably change as my mood does.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default My Top Ten King Collectible Books

Not in a particular order:

01. The Stand S/L

02. The Regulators S/L

03. Eyes of the Dragon S/L

04. 'Salem's Lot S/L

05. The Talisman S/L

06. 1st Edition Heart-Shaped Box - inscribed in person

07. 1st Edition Lisey's Story - signed
    (special because this was the first and only time I have seen SK live, and it is from the evening where I finally met another collector, Jerome.)

08. S/L Skeleton Crew w/ art portfolio

09. 1st Edition The Stand

10. 1st Edition The Gunslinger
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have to say my favorites out what I have right now would be my set of signed Gunslingers. 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition all signed by King !
    I have owned (and sold) many of the S/L editions listed here and liked all of them, i actually miss some of them, just decided I liked the 1syeditions better, and signed (not inscribed) 1sts are even better. To me anyway!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome, friends, just awesome!
    And I love the visuals!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still thinking....can't make up my mind....

sk

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Would love to say S/L The Stand (Coffin Book), but Alas, I cannot, nor do i expect to have it in the foreseeable future - could never convince my wife to let me spend the $$$ needed to obtian one. I'd also like to have the S/L Eyes of the Dragon and Skeleton Crew, but they are also in the same category.

Thus my faves are my
    • First Edition The Stand (Complete & Uncut), personalized to me
    • Signed First Edition Carrie
    • Grant First Edition The Gunslinger
    • Remarqued Artist PC Edition of Little Sisters of Eluria
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, people. I want to weigh in with my choices, but first want to test a picture upload (not one of my choices!)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Taylor Cujo guitar-very few King collectors have one, most are in the hands of guitar enthusiasts. It also "sounds" better than any of my books.

Of course The Stand

Skeleton Crew leather binding

Dolan's Cadillac Lettered

The Regulators

Dark Dreamers-just a beautifully crafted book.

The Eyes of the Dragon

Skeleton Crew numbered

'Salem's Lot

Song of Kali Lettered (Dan Simmons). Another beautifully crafted book.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love that SONG OF KALI!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there was so much to choose from in my collection between books, art work etc. Some stuff I don't have pictures loaded. Anyway...here is my list (in no particular favorite order):

(1) Michael Whelan remarque of Roland carrying Jake at the Temple of the Oracle done in one of my S/L Gunslingers
    (2) S/L New Lieutenant's Rap WITH peace sign necklace, envelope, signed Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and 2 copies of the SK trivia quiz all issued at the 1999 Tavern on the Green celebration for "Carrie"
    (3) Preliminary charcoal sketch of Temple of the Oracle illustration from the original Gunslinger book done by Michael Whelan. The prelim obviously is a concept drawing way before the book was published.
    (4) Gunslinger Orange Plume Proof
    (5) "Plaster Man" remarque done in a 1st trade of The Waste Lands by artist Ned Dameron
    (6) Roland and Aunt Talitha remarque done for me personally by Ned Dameron...before Tippy's project with Ned.
    (7) UK Carrie 1st edition signed by King
    (8) US Carrie ARC signed by King
    (9) US Carrie 1st edition inscribed by King in 1977
    (10) Roland remarque done by artist Michael Whelan as part of his Dark Tower remarque project in 1994...started current "craze" of remarques by other artists. This one was done in a S/L copy of DT VII: The Dark Tower

and bonus (11) Michael Whelan's new rendition of Father Callahan...used in King's website Discordia game, using me as the model.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a fairly stable and laid back sort of a bloke and jealousy is a word not normally used in my vocabulary...however, all of you have so many great items...let's call it extreme envy

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I'm a fairly stable and laid back sort of a bloke and jealousy is a word not normally used in my vocabulary...however, all of you have so many great items...let's call it extreme envy
    I'll second that emotion...I have some cool stuff but you other people have some real winning collectibles!

Country
    Country Flag

That UK CARRIE and orange GUNSLINGER proof would fit perfectly on my shelves. Great stuff!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Nice items guys, I"ll post some photos when I can find my USB cable for my camera

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Holy cow, love the pictures!
    Now to show my ignorance:
    What is that elongated green COLORADO KID? I assume it's the signed state, but it looks very interesting.
    And Mr. "Flagg", I 'll give you a hundred bucks cash for that lettered DOLAN"S CADILLAC! Whaddaya say, huh?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    What is that elongated green COLORADO KID?
    That's just the back of the slipcase for the editions of Colorado Kid.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast