Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The big IF thread (spoilers all around)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The big IF thread (spoilers all around)

Okay. I will not ask only one question here but many.

I will pop a big IF question every week (what would have happened IF) so we will have one week to discuss and share our thoughts and ideas. I guess one week is enough. If not... we can open an own thread to that question.

I wouldn't like to own this thread but I think it would be very disturbing if we had tons of questions at the same time. Let me know if you disagree.
    If anyone of you has big IF questions on your mind just send me a PM and I will send it here on the next week.

1. Big If Question:
    What would have happened if Susan had met Cuthbert first and not Roland?
    You can find it here:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1261
    The new title of the thread: Susan and Cuthbert

2. Big If Question:
    What would have happened if Roland had chosen Jake and he hadn't let him drop?
    You can find it here:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1263
    The new title of the thread: Roland's choice

3. Big If Question:
    What would have happened if Roland had never looked into the pink grapefruit?
    You can find it: here!

4. Big If Question:
    Would have Jones had become a good gunslinger (or I could ask would he have had any chance to become one) if he hadn't failed?

5. Big IF Question:
    What would have happened IF Susannah hadn't found the Deus Ex Machina note in Dandelo's bathroom?

6. Big IF Question:
    What would have happened IF Susan hadn't died so young?

7. Big IF Question:
    What would have happened to Eddie if Roland had never drawn him?
    You can find it: here!!! - this is the newest big IF question

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What would have happened if Roland had never looked into the pink grapefruit?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, nice

I think that he would have gone back to the shed, hut, and found Susan not there. he then would have gone to the town, saw what had happen, and probably killed the whole town. Then, from there, maybe some event thats happen in Gilead wouldn't have happen. Like the daeth of his mother

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The ball would have found its way to Roland.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I think I agree.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I would rather say: The Tower would have found its way to Roland.
    But when... and how...

Anyway I don't think he would have killed the whole town because of Susan but he would have killed some certain people.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember though, he did erase the whole town of Tull, he is capable of it.

But, yeah, I guess i agree that the ball would have found him, or the tower to be more persice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I think he changed a lot between the two towns. Many years had passed since Mejis.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think I agree.
    And why? I ask it because you don't believe in ka so your answer must be interesting. Anyway I am not aka person either but I agree, too.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I think he changed a lot between the two towns. Many years had passed since Mejis.
    True, that was difinitly a different Roland

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I agree.
    And why? I ask it because you don't believe in ka so your answer must be interesting. Anyway I am not aka person either but I agree, too.
    Because there are forces at work in the world, other than ka. I also noticed that questions raised in this thread deserve a thread each, because they take time and consideration. I'm still at Question One, and whether love depends on its object.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So am I and I totally missed the second one which I really liked. I believe dropping Jake was THE turning point for Roland.

With Susan, he could have excused it but not with Jake. He murdered that kid for the tower, plain and simple
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

I think I agree.
    Because there are forces at work in the world, other than ka.
    It sounds very interesting. May I know more about these forces? What do you mean by them?

Country
    Country Flag

Would have Jones had become a good gunslinger (or I could ask would he have had any chance to become one) if he hadn't failed?

I am rereading W&G and this question comes to my mind quite often somehow... I don't really know why... he failed... but still this question doesn't let me go.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it was within him to ever be a gunslinger at all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

If he could ever have become a good gunslinger, I believe he wouldn't have failed.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Jean, absolutely.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Jean's answer seems to be perfect but still... is that really so simple?
    If you fail it's impossible for you to become a good gunslinger
    if you pass you can become a good gunslinger.
    Anyway...
    if you pass is it sure that you will become a good gunslinger? Or can you join the dark side after that?
    For my part I think if you pass it doesn't mean that you must become a good gunslinger. What do you think? It's a forever fight... to stand and be true. Not to forget the face of your father.
    But if a passed gunslinger can turn bad... is it so impossible for a failed one to become good?

I don't know guys... my mind is running.
    Let me know your thoughts.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it seemed to me in the comic that Jonas was a victim of circumstance. I don't have them here right now as I lent them to my sister...but didn't
    Spoiler:
    Jonas only "become" bad because some shards of the mirror flew in his eyes? Or was he wronged by someone and didn't get over it...man, I really can't remember

Country
    Country Flag

No. What I meant was: you pass if you already are a gunslinger, and you fail if you're not. It's your training, your education, your personality, your nature, some features you have or don't, inclinations of your soul and where your heart is that make you one, not anything that happens during or after the test. I even hope it's that which Monte was agreeing with.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I just think that Jonas heart was tainted from the start, ka was not on his side

Country
    Country Flag

No. What I meant was: you pass if you already are a gunslinger, and you fail if you're not. It's your training, your education, your personality, your nature, some features you have or don't, inclinations of your soul and where your heart is that make you one, not anything that happens during or after the test. I even hope it's that which Monte was agreeing with.
    Yes, that is how I feel as well. You are a born gunslinger or you're a chump not.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't you have a good big IF question on your mind? I'll send a new one with pleasure but I am sure you have much better ones in your pockets.

Country
    Country Flag

And here is coming a new big IF question from Lisa. Thank you for it, again.
    Ladies and gentlemen!

What would have happened IF Susannah hadn't found the Deus Ex Machina note in Dandelo's bathroom?

Country
    Country Flag

the same as did happen, of course. She was a gunslinger, remember? She would have felt something was wrong, and she would have been in time to save Roland.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast